• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin after suboxone dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashmagnum

Greenlighter
yo so my doctor dosed me with a 8 mg strip of suboxone today.. i havent taken any other suboxone recently.. i am wondering if 24 hours will be enough time to wait until i can shoot dope and get high. let me know.

You'll need to ride out the buprenorphine for a while.

I doubt 24 hours will be long enough.

Although in my experience it is possible to breakthru that much suboxone, it is still a rather high dose. I would expect dulled effects for at least 3 days. May I ask why you went to a suboxone doctor, only to want to shoot dope hours later? You gotta give the suboxone a few days to start working to it's maximum efficiency. At least give it a try before you give up immediately. Though in my experience I have had much better luck with methadone..

This is pretty much the most common question asked on this forum, and since the answer varies from person to person there is no set answer. For a single 8mg dose it usually takes me 48 hours to get a decent high, and 72 hours to get close to full effects. Wait until you are in withdrawals before taking the heroin, since that will indicate that your opiate receptors are no longer filled with Suboxone. If you IV the heroin now, you will probably get a rush, but that's all. Maybe a very short-lived high as well, but you will regret not waiting longer and having wasted your shot.

If you keep going back and forth between Suboxone and heroin then both will become less effective. You won't be able to get as high from the heroin, and you won't get the same withdrawal relief from the Suboxone. Thnk about why you are getting on Suboxone before deciding to try to shoot up heroin when your doctor just dosed you with Suboxone.

Basically I agree with everything that BDP said, and I posted pretty much the same thing as him at the same time as him.

Edit: The other issue is getting back on Suboxone after doing the heroin again. Even if you barely get a high from it, you will still have to wait 18 hours or more until you can safely dose the Suboxone without risking precipitated withdrawals. This is a major pain in the ass if the heroin only stopped withdrawals for a few hours, and then you are stuck withdrawing for the better part of a day before you can dose the Suboxone again. In your case the risk of doing the heroin does not outweigh the reward.

Last edited:
well to answer your questions.. to be honest i started iop today solely for free suboxone for when i run out of dope so that i wont have to deal with withdrawals until my next paycheck anymore. maybe it will turn into something more but for now i dont intend on stopping dope. so basically what you guys are saying is that in 24 hrs from the sub dose i wont get very high?

Yup. If you have the freedom to dose yourself in the future, then you should dose a lot lower. Most people don't realize how potent Suboxone is, and 2mg is enough to keep pretty much everyone (other than like people that were on high doses of methadone for maintenance and are looking to switch to Suboxone) out of withdrawal for the day, and is low enough of a dose for you to only need to wait a day before getting high on other opiates.

well to answer your questions.. to be honest i started iop today solely for free suboxone for when i run out of dope so that i wont have to deal with withdrawals until my next paycheck anymore. maybe it will turn into something more but for now i dont intend on stopping dope. so basically what you guys are saying is that in 24 hrs from the sub dose i wont get very high?

It depends, man... your metabolism and individual body plays a big role. For me personally, I have a very fast metabolism..where I used to get dope sick after about 6 hours. So, in regards to the suboxone, after about 15 hours, I can use and get probably 80-90% of my high. By 24 hours, no matter what dose of suboxone I was on, I would get just as high as I would had I never taken the bupe. Others are much different..where they need to wait days before they can get high again. For an average range, 24 hours would be a good starting point. You'll see what category you fall into. How fast does it usually take you to start withdrawing after your last shot of dope?

Also, be careful if you plan on hopping back and forth between the suboxone and dope.. as it becomes a lot harder to transition between the two the longer you go on.

thx for the tips and answers guys... and yea when i dose myself with subs i take maybe even only 1 mg. and to answer your question mr.scagnattie about 24 hours. i dunno i feel like if i shoot tomorrow it wont be a complete waste at worst.

i weigh about 140 lbs when i take 8mg of suboxone i have to wait 3 days to feel any sort of rush from the dope. and when i dont wait that long and shoot anyway, i do not get a rush and the high is very subtle and lasts about ten minutes. now im the 8 mg film strips, my friend told me if u use a napkin or something and scrape off the N8 on actual film strip itself, the actual printed letters, that it will allow u to get high from dope. the last couple days i scarped off the n8 and im waitting to see if itll work, has anyone heard of such a thing as scrapping off the N8????

Status
Not open for further replies.