• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid after Methadone

marienbad

Bluelighter
How long should I wait after taking methadone to feel the full effects of dilaudid? I actually just combined them tonight, 4mg dilaudid like nearly 10 hours after dosing 20mg methadone (which was still going relatively strong by then). The dilaudid worked, but not quite to its full euphoric potential, because of the Methadone "blocking" its effects a bit. So how many days after doing the 20mg methadone should I wait before the dilaudid will work best as possible (by itself, not combined again)? Thanks.

Oh yeah, also what do you guys think of dilaudid in comparison to opana, their respective good and bad points. I know opana is the more potent of the two, and I like it a lot, but I much prefer the warm, sedating, heroin-like high of dilaudid as opposed to the more speedy euphoric kick of opana. Also, for some reason I always get nasty hangovers the day after using opana, but this doesn't seem to happen the day after a night of dilaudid use.

15-24 hours.

As for Dillys vs Opana...it depends. If I was IVing I choose Dillys hands down. Snorting Opana.

if you wait 24 hours, given that 20mg is a low dose of methadone, should be enough time

oxymorphone is by far the best drug on the planet. I would disagree that it has a speedy high. much closer to heroin than say oxycodone. very warm pleasurable dreamy high

Just snorted 8mg hydromorphone tonight, now 48+ (more like 60) hours since I dosed that methadone. Don't see much of a hindrance at all, really. I'm pretty damn high, this is my third time using dilaudid but the first time using more than 4mg and I love it. It's not as intense as oxymorphone/opana, and not as speedy (to me), which I really like. Keep nodding out and drooling a bit over myself haha. Anyway I definitely prefer this high to Opana as it's a lot more sedating while still being very euphoric, AND it reminds me probably more of heroin than any other opate I know besides the stuff itself. Only trouble is I wish it lasted at least twice as long.

^ Hydromorphone is notorious for its short-lived high. Opiate addiction is a serious matter, so tread lightly. If you keep it up pretty soon you will be using just so you aren't sick, so either get out now, or at least cut back your use to once a week (easier said than done) before it's too late.

Word, appreciate your concern. I'm a chipper basically. Since the one time 4 years ago when I got withdrawals from doing heroin for a week straight, I've never used opiates more than one or two days in a row since; virtually never on two consecutive days really. I don't have much of this dilaudid and don't plan on getting a lot more; in fact, at the moment I'm more concerned about methadone, which is believe it or not only second to heroin as my recrational opiate of choice - in many ways I even prefer it. But I do that only about once a week at most now. I'm definitely an addict, but I make a strong effort to try to keep myself from experiencing the physical addiction.

Last edited: