• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants methylphenidate formulations

xxxyyy

Bluelighter
anyway, i've recently been prescribed 20mg MPH a day, coming in XR form. the brand in question is called medikinet, and the MPH is contained in little capsules, that reveal when opened to be filled with a lot of small white and blue granules. one of them is the IR part of the formulation, the other the XR. now, i've taken them three days as intended, one in the morning. then i usually added another one in the late afternoon (not intended), but it did give me a slight speedy buzz. nothing incredibly great, but nice for what it's worth. now today i decided to differ in ROA, finely ground the granules, and first snorted them, then took them sublingually, then plugged them. all in all, maybe 100mgs of MPH, which by all means should make me feel super speedy and all, since the last time i tried MPH, a line made from a single 10mg pill buzzed me pretty good. however, these were instant-release generics. now my question is, could it be that grinding them up doesn't do shit to the time release mechanism? and even so, the instant release part of the formulation should at least have an effect. i mean, i'm actually pretty sensitive to stims. so, what the fuck?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with foreign methylphenidate products, but there are countless american generics each with different methods for tampering with the time release.

information on this is surprisingly sparse on german forums. a lot of it is contradictory, but would an isopropyl extraction a la concerta generally work? i know that this brand is vastly preferred to concerta by drug users in germany because apparently it's easier to abuse.

but tolerance or no. i took 160mgs tonight, which should have given me a coronary. also i'll find out exactly what's in these things, then someone smarter/more knowledgable can maybe tell me why the fuck 160mgs did jack shit to me.

inactive ingredients are said to be: corn starch, calciumhydrogenphosphate 2 H20, lactose H20, magnesiumstereat, microcrystalline cellulose. but i doubt that's all. however, as far as i know, it's required by german law to list all inactive ingredients that go into any medication.
would any of the above substance explain why i didn't get high from such a huge dose?

Last edited:
well, with which i meant calciumhydrogenphosphate 2 H20, because i know the rest are in just about every medication.
fuck, if i could just find the leaflet that comes with the box, it would be listed there.
god, i miss time release pills that simply had a coating you scratched off beforehand. at least you didn't end up wasting a shitload of drugs to no effect.

Last edited:
Interesting... do they at least work when taken orally, without any sort of tampering or crushing? It is possible that you are not plugging properly, or it is getting caked up on one of the prep tools.

I would just crush the shit out of them, then just take it orally or sublingually. Sublingual MPH has a higher BA than oral, so account for the difference.

i crushed them as fine as possible. snorted it first, then sublingual'd them, then plugged them. all together 16 pills, over the space of maybe five hours. and maybe there was some effect but it surely was not the effect of an upper. this brand is preferred over concerta because they are said to be easier to abuse. i read that on three different forums.
and yesterday, a single 20mg pill taken orally had an effect, it wasn't particularly strong but it was what you'd expect from MPH. i mean i took 160mgs all in all and i've had coffee with more pronounced stimulant effects. it makes absolutely fuck all sense. nothing i can think of could explain this. the only thing that comes to mind is that is the mirtazapine i take daily, but then again i shouldn't have had any effects from an oral dosage yesterday.

Last edited:
Try a CWE before plugging. The fillers can get stuck in different places in the syringe that'll fuck it up.

Interesting... do they at least work when taken orally, without any sort of tampering or crushing? It is possible that you are not plugging properly, or it is getting caked up on one of the prep tools.

I would just crush the shit out of them, then just take it orally or sublingually. Sublingual MPH has a higher BA than oral, so account for the difference.

this was my suggestion :)

MPH is hardly soluble at ALL, in water or alcohol... I had some stuff sitting for days and it still hasn't dissolved fully :\

Snort that shit, that's the best way to take ritalin. It's just like coke when snorted

Snort that shit, that's the best way to take ritalin. It's just like coke when snorted

Just like coke lol .... Just no .... I used to be prescribed ritalin and it wasnt even any good for its purpose , ive also tried it recreationally , and its easily one of the shittest attempts of using medication recreationally .

well, apart from MPH being fun recreationally or not, it is just strange to take such a large amount and feel nothing. i took at least 60-80mgs sublingually. that alone should have done something.

I saw a thread a while back about extracting methylphenidate from concerta. I'm sure something similar could be done?

If I can find the thread on bluelight I'll link.

I mean, if you have enough of your prescription left, it might be worthwhile to try?

yeah i thought the same thing. i even still pretty much remember the methodology, and probably would have tried it yesterday, but it was specified tha 91% isopropyl is needed and i only had a bottle of 70% lying around... and since i have to wait 3 months until i get a new script, i didn't want to waste anymore.

Just crush the pills and snort them dude..

Ritalin is fun as FUCK, for myself at least. You don't get a super intense high by any means, but sitting there chopping it up super fine and doing fat coke sized rails is fun by itself. IDK how it's possible that you didn't feel a whole 60mg though... I would start with like 20mgs, then another 10mg+ every hour or so.

Like I said, it's not water soluble at ALL, so maybe the drug just stayed in the pills? How long did you hold it in your mouth for? And did you spit it out after?

Just crush the pills and snort them dude..

Ritalin is fun as FUCK, for myself at least. You don't get a super intense high by any means, but sitting there chopping it up super fine and doing fat coke sized rails is fun by itself. IDK how it's possible that you didn't feel a whole 60mg though... I would start with like 20mgs, then another 10mg+ every hour or so.

Like I said, it's not water soluble at ALL, so maybe the drug just stayed in the pills? How long did you hold it in your mouth for? And did you spit it out after?

Maybe his ADD/ADHD is worse than he thought. lolol

i kept it under my tongue for quite a while, however, since it was finely powdered some of it got swallowed. i'm gonna give this shit a rest for now, have been using way more than i should anyway.

okay i don't know what the fuck i did wrong that day. i just plugged 60mg and i'm buzzing as fuck. also MPH + pregabalin is a surpisingly fun combination.

If it was the generic MPH then that's why! OMG generics, man, they're not even the same drug!! 8o

Seriously, though, who knows? Maybe you actually got the non-watersoluble MPH out of the syringe in to your butt without the MPH getting clogged up somewhere in the syringe?

actually, it's the only brand that's indicated for treatment of ADS in adults in germany. if you want a generic IR or say concerta, you have to pay for them yourself (as the insurance doesn't cover them) and while the IR generics are affordable, concerta costs a fucking shitload. i know no prices named here and all but 30 pills really cost a fucking lot.
also, this brand should NEVER be IVd. this i found out the hard way. apparently there's a gelling agent in it which can really fuck up your veins, even if you use a micron. at least i read that on a german forum, after shooting a pill, which i filtered three times using cig filters. the shot was clean, yet a large bump rose on my wrist shortly after. it's gone now (shot was about four hours ago) and my whole right arm hurts. i really, really hope i didn't do irrevocable damage because of my stupidity.