• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine what to look for?

jacob316

Greenlighter
I'm getting my first 8-ball tonight. I want to make sure it is good stuff. What are some of the things I should look for to avoid receiving dodgy product.

Edited your post to remove the question regarding price etc.

I dont buy cocaine so i'll leave this to those that do.

Well...alot of people look for "rock" but some of the best coke I seen was powder.

You can rub test, or if you got enough you can see what temp it melts at. At like 140-180 degrees is how you tell. 140 is where most cut melts, ok product, 150 solid, 160 good, 170, nice, 180 dynamite.

Thank you! I always hear terms in colorado like "fish scale" and stuff like that. I'm kind of a newbie so I don't know lol.

Well...alot of people look for "rock" but some of the best coke I seen was powder.

You can rub test, or if you got enough you can see what temp it melts at. At like 140-180 degrees is how you tell. 140 is where most cut melts, ok product, 150 solid, 160 good, 170, nice, 180 dynamite.

Yea I think this is pretty much just movie bull shit... please don't do this OP.

Take a small amount (like a bumps worth) and see if it dissolves instantly in water. If it doesn't dissolve well or completely clear then it's got tons of shit non watersoluble cuts in it (street dealers usually cut with stupid shit like icing sugar or baking soda) , as cocaine is very very soluble in water, 2.5g's can dissolve clear into 1ml of water.

Cocaine is also hygroscopic so generally if it's slightly "sticky" or "damp", that could be a good sign meaning the majority of it is cocaine. Generally when your rocks are hard and break into a dust, it means they are likely just rerocked shit filled with other cuts that aren't hygroscopic.

and yes fishscale, look for like a shine sorta when looked at under light.

When you (crush) a rock it should be light -fluffy almost styrofoam(y) - mother of pearl colors...
If you've ever smelled sunburn spray -(caine) family, should smell similar

Yea I think this is pretty much just movie bull shit... please don't do this OP.

Take a small amount (like a bumps worth) and see if it dissolves instantly in water. If it doesn't dissolve well or completely clear then it's got tons of shit non watersoluble cuts in it (street dealers usually cut with stupid shit like icing sugar or baking soda) , as cocaine is very very soluble in water, 2.5g's can dissolve clear into 1ml of water.

Cocaine is also hygroscopic so generally if it's slightly "sticky" or "damp", that could be a good sign meaning the majority of it is cocaine. Generally when your rocks are hard and break into a dust, it means they are likely just rerocked shit filled with other cuts that aren't hygroscopic.

and yes fishscale, look for like a shine sorta when looked at under light.

That was terrible advice. And even though it is from the movie blow it is a real coke test.

That was terrible advice. And even though it is from the movie blow it is a real coke test.

Tell me, do you have a melt point device at home? This test is only going to be accurate if you have one and this isn't a common house hold item.

Not to mention that you are an idiot by saying that cocaine melting at 140 degrees would be okay, 150 better, 160 good etc.

That's not how the test even works, you could have a cut that has a low melting point and melts at like 70 degrees and still have good cocaine, the actual cocaine isn't going to melt until 195 degrees regardless (i believe this is the correct melting point). So if all your powder melts at 140 degrees, or 150, 160, 170, it means you don't have real cocaine numb nuts.

And the test works on range, carefully watching what amount of powder melts before you reach the 195 degrees (and when, to identify the cuts), so you can't just use a small bump to do the test anyways you'd have to use multiple decent sized samples. (wasting them)

And once again nobody is going to have melt point device at home so YOUR advice was terrible because the OP is gonna try doing it in his oven or some shit which would not be remotely accurate.

I simply gave the OP some advice that one could perform in a few seconds to get a general idea of how pure their product is.

You must perform the acetone wash test, that's the only way I test my white girl. You can perform an acetone wash right there in the car with your source still there, it usually makes them uncomfortable. "Hey, how pure is it?" "I dunno man, it's fire" then say "Oh yeah, lets see about that". Make sure everyone has their cigarettes or direct flame extinguished, acetone is 5x more explosive than gasoline.... Then just do a simple wash, and show him how much of his product is cut :)

Whatever is left, is pure cocaine and however much levamisole.

And after an acetone wash, and before, I would weigh the before and after, and see how quickly the acetone washed product dissolves in H20, I'd prep one shot solely for this purpose, but I don't IV anymore so I'd probably plug it, hah.

Last edited:
if your in the US chances are you get shitty coke (15% purity or less, 20% if you get it straight off the boat)but, the one way to truly know is do a line. if you dont feel anything significant, question if the larger amount is worth even getting at this point. coke is the most cut and worst drug to buy on the street. if one line gets u going good, and it weighs out, go for it, and learn from experience. people can re-rock cocaine, but powder is shady. if someone ever offers you pure powder, they are just trying to rip you off with some HEAVILY cut product so they can get more chunks. good luck! your best off with cocaine analogues tho, imo

^You can't even really judge it on the initial euphoria, you are best off using it for a few hours and seeing how paranoid, anxious, and other wise completely crappy you end up feeling.

You gotta remember that 20% cocaine cut with 80% inactive cuts (like vitamin b12 or some shit) is still gonna be better than 50% cocaine cut with an extra 10% ephedrine, 10% meth, and 10% caffeine.

Sure you might get less of an initial euphoria but man, shit cut with enough stims turns to the shit hole really fucking quick. The high quickly becomes a 1 minute up and then anxiety and severe paranoia following shortly after. Cocaine should never have you peeking out your windows and sitting still for 10 minutes preparing for how loud the flick of your lighter will be or the sound of your snort will be in an other wise quiet house.

I've recently learned that the hard way, yuck!

Sorry for my other wise douche bag post just a bit up their, I just don't believe it's a very good home test, you need the right equipment and enough product for that test, the movie blow makes it look easier said than done.

true. but when your a newbie to it, your just looking to get high. some people ( i know it sounds crazy) actuaqlly prefer to have a little speed mixed in. im all about a CLEAN experience. im with ya on better to do more pure shit than less dirty. next day will suck. but when i was young and just getting "high" i preferred whatever would fuck me up the most for my money. you get older, you get smarter, you learn what you like. i am alot different now than i was 10 years ago, haha. but yeah its a fun learning experience.

An acetone wash can easily be performed at the source, then you can weigh before/after on their triple beam.

For the most part, in my experience at least, how well a sample of coke breaks down in water is a pretty good indicator. If it breaks down clean... you probably have good coke. This isn't an exact science mind you.. it's very possible that a cut was used that is water soluble.. but usually when coke is heavily stepped on it is with crap that doesn't break down well in water. A way to avoid all the guessing is to like tricomb said, just perform an acetone wash. This accomplishes two things... The reduction or lack of reduction in mass will tell you how cut your coke was, and you'll also be removing that cut to obtain purer stuff. Acetone washes are pretty kick ass. I'm in the process of drying a liter of acetone right now to perform a wash tomorrow night.