• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Philly Meth Bust

shimazu

Ex-Bluelighter
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8652848

Happened about a week ago, they got 32 people in one bust.

NORRISTOWN, Pa. - May 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- More than 30 people have been arrested for allegedly being part of a meth trafficking operation in Montgomery County and Philadelphia.

Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman made the announcement on Tuesday morning. Ferman said the operation began in February, 2011 after the county's Narcotics Enforcement Team began receiving information about the alleged drug trafficking activities of Hatfield residents Jeffrey Penna, David Penna and Francesco Messina. Ferman said further investigation led detectives to the alleged drug trafficking activity of Troy Dudas of Limerick Township. Based on that information, the D.A. said, her office applied to the Superior Court for the use of wiretaps and electronic surveillance on cell phones used by Messina and Dudas.

The wiretap interceptions took place through much of February, 2012, Ferman said, and led to 14 search warrants being executed in Montgomery County and Philadelphia. One of the locations was Cosmo Motors, an auto body shop on East Blaine Street in Lansdale.

At those locations, Ferman said, methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, and firearms were seized.

Ferman said this alleged methamphetamine trafficking organization was exposed as a "family affair." Among the main targets are brothers Jeffrey and David Penna, who allegedly used and distributed methamphetamine from Jeffrey Penna's residence in Hatfield Township.

The Penna brothers were joined by Frank Messina in this distribution network, Ferman said, and Messina used and distributed methamphetamine to several people including his own sister-in-law, Lisa Messina.

Ferman said conversations between Frank and Lisa Messina were intercepted by law enforcement detailing their method of operation in the distribution and use of meth.

The investigation also revealed links to a Philadelphia methamphetamine distribution ring headed by brothers Juan and Antonio Encarnacion, Ferman said.

The defendants were arraigned on Wednesday, May 2nd and Friday, May 4th. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 11th.

last time i read a story out of norristown is was the one about the drug dealer who kept the fuckin alligators around to scare people. hard to beat...

last time i read a story out of norristown is was the one about the drug dealer who kept the fuckin alligators around to scare people. hard to beat...

I was the same way when I dealt, except I could never really bring myself to physically hurt another human being. I do consider that a weakness; I wish I didn't give a fuck.

After police executed the search warrant this morning on Corson Street in Norristown, they arrested 36-year-old Izek Tuggle. Inside the apartment they found two alligators, a pit bull, and a scorpion they say Tuggle used to intimidate potential drug customers. Montgomery County first assistant DA Kevin Steele says police also found a loaded nine-millimeter handgun. “And it is a bit surprising to find, along with a gun, alligators, scorpion, pit bull — a number of things that this drug dealer was using to protect his illicit business,” he said today.

I actually once even thought of hiring this guy, who starred as a karate gun thug in every 80s action movie:

Al_Leong-3.jpg

Is meth still popular in Philadelphia? I heard that it's not that common now, but in the 70's Pennsylvania was like the meth capital of the east coast. I heard that after P2P got banned meth pretty much got replaced by cocaine.

Is meth still popular in Philadelphia? I heard that it's not that common now, but in the 70's Pennsylvania was like the meth capital of the east coast. I heard that after P2P got banned meth pretty much got replaced by cocaine.
It's not popular at all, at least not compared to the main drugs -coke, heroin, and marijuana. Shima is right, it's mostly seen in biker circles, at least that's how it's portrayed by the media in the area. Interesting how it never really took off in the northeast...

It's not popular at all, at least not compared to the main drugs -coke, heroin, and marijuana. Shima is right, it's mostly seen in biker circles, at least that's how it's portrayed by the media in the area. Interesting how it never really took off in the northeast...

i bartend at a place very popular with local bikers, one club in particular. they really are the meth dudes in town. that and the gay dudes going to voyeur on saturday nights. a few dj's here and there, but other than that - no one i've ever seen. definitely a fringe/niche drug around here. you can buy no prices bags of decent coke (if you ask around or know which spots are good) at 4 am on a monday from about 200 different spots. no waiting, no phone, in and out, makes it hard i imagine for people who love coke to find a reason to convert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the same way when I dealt, except I could never really bring myself to physically hurt another human being. I do consider that a weakness; I wish I didn't give a fuck.

---

nah man. be glad you do. i think a lot of us get to the point somewhere along the line where we have to ask how valuable our own life and freedom is vs. maintaining good "business" practices. and also what we're willing to do for money. i've beaten people up when they've robbed me and stuff like that but i don't think i could shoot to kill someone over a few bucks or reputation. decent folks can only play that game as far as their intimidation and bluffing allows. fuck being an asshole. you sound like a good dude.

It's like other people here posted. I do not use any illegal drugs like coke, meth, heroin, crack, etc. but coke, crack, heroin, pharm opiates/benzos, and even PCP, and regular herb (without PCP) are way more common here, popular, and hypothetically easier to get. Meth is hypothetically easy to get if you want it and know the right people but it's more of a niche drug and the other drugs are way more popular and more in hypothetical demand. Yes the LGBT ghetto in Philadelphia has a meth problem but it's like that everywhere. I don't use crystal, and I don't PNP or associate with anyone who does.

I know people who were from Philadelphia and lived here in the 70s and 80s and they said how back then there was a lot of meth; but there's always been a lot of coke and heroin here.

Recently within the past 5-10 years they have busted a fair amount of people who are into cooking meth at home where they live, and thankfully they don't blow up their house or start a huge fire that gets out of control fast.

LGBT ghetto
Are you talking about the Gayborhood? I don't think anyone would call that a ghetto. Also, I can't say I remember hearing about a cook bust near Philly...

Wow, glad and surprised to see more people from the area on BL. :)

Are you talking about the Gayborhood? I don't think anyone would call that a ghetto. Also, I can't say I remember hearing about a cook bust near Philly...

as long as the parker spruce stands there will always be a little bit of ghetto left

Anyone know where To get?

Welcome to BL, but no drug solicitation. Read the rules before posting again. - Victor

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard pharmacies have the best meth...go in and ask for a few bottles of desoxyn.

BTW this thread is from 2012...

Heh, by "ghetto" I meant that the 'Gayborhood' is where LGBT people in PHL go to, to socialize, and some live there; but LGBT people are all over the city. I didn't mean that the area is a slum or actual ghetto.