• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Shaun Winkler, White Supremacist Idaho Sheriff Candidate, Hosts Cross Burning Event

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Shaun Winkler, a white supremacist in Idaho running as a Republican for Bonner County sheriff, is defending his recent cross burning ceremony, after having invited members of the media to attend the event last week.

"Mainstream society looks at cross lighting as a symbol of hate, but it predates the Klan by hundreds of years," Winkler told the Bonner County Daily Bee. "We look at it more as a religious symbol."

Winkler went on to claim the ritual has Scottish roots dating back hundreds of years, but his status as a Ku Klux Klan imperial wizard and his candid admissions of racial and religious prejudice suggest that the decision to burn the cross may take inspiration from a more recent and ugly practice.

"Most people don't know that we don't just oppose the Jews and the Negroes," he said, according to the Daily Bee. "We also oppose sexual predators and drugs of any kind."

While Winkler has claimed that he wouldn't allow his personal beliefs to guide the way he would act as sheriff, his position on sexual predators is admittedly more severe.

The Associated Press reports:

He has framed his campaign around the message of cracking down on methamphetamine producers and sex offenders, telling people at a candidate forum this week he favors immediate hangings for those convicted of being sexual predators.

cont at
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-cross-burning_n_1506357.html?ref=mostpopular

"Most people don't know that we don't just oppose the Jews and the Negroes," he said, according to the Daily Bee. "We also oppose sexual predators and drugs of any kind."

Oh so that makes it okay to hate people based on religion/skin colour...

Is this guy for real?

Oh so that makes it okay to hate people based on religion/skin colour...

Is this guy for real?

I'm always amazed at how people can live with so much hate without just ending their miserable lives.

"Look guys, we don't just hate blacks and jews, we hate other people too! There's enough hate to go around, we can hate blacks, jews, injuns, gays, feminists, latinos, asians, drug users, sex offenders, drug dealers, protestants (hell, why not), and more!"

It's like he thinks if he just points out that he hates everyone who doesn't look and act like him, people will realize it's not just racism, it's an all-encompassing hatred of humanity. It's like the job of sheriff was made just for him to occupy :).

I'm always amazed at how people can live with so much hate without just ending their miserable lives.

"We also oppose sexual predators and drugs of any kind."

Well there you go. It's easy to hide from yourself when your mind state is so unmoving. Give the guy some 5-MeO-DMT or a high dose of a pure cannabinoid, and lets see how he feels about his opposition to other races. It's almost like some people subconsciously know that drugs can expose their own wretchedness and can change their views, so they seek to make unavailable drugs of any kind.

lol so no one is going to mention that the Klan is often involved in drug/gun dealing?

"It's a lower case t! For tolerance!"

But of course, and we all know the Klan has absolutely no history of predatory behavior either...8)

This guy is a joke, highly doubt he'll get elected. I mean, even if its Idaho, I think this sort of extreme racism isn't as prevalent in today's society as it was, say, even 60 years ago.

^I don't know. America's Dumbest sheriff Joe Arpaio keeps getting reelected, he's said some pretty racist stuff about Mexicans. And it is IDaHo.

His definition of sex offenders is probably gays and interracial couples.