• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low Tolerance Fentanyl Dosage

xFluid

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

First off, I have been researching for 2 or 3 days now and have yet to find definite info, so i decided my best bet would be to make my own thread.

Secondly, I know this is a very dangerous drug. Especially for someone like me who does not get the chance to take opioids often and can feel very good of 25mg oxy. Please do not reply just saying to get rid of the Fentanyl, I am on this forum to find out how I can dose this while remaining as safe as possible.

I have acquired a Mylan Fentanyl Transdermal 75 mcg / hr (7.65mg total) patch. From what I hear my best best would be to place a small piece between my cheeck and gum.

I was going to go with cutting it in half 5 times. (1 = 3.825mg, 2 = 1.91mg, 3 = .956mg, 4 = .478mg, 5 = .239mg)

I am wondering if this dose of .239mg, placed in between my gum and lip like a dip for 15 minutes is going to be enough for me to feel good, as well as remain safe.

Thanks guys!

239 micrograms would be more than twice what they would give a non-tolerant user in the hospital. For sedation purposes, usually they IV 100 micrograms.

Do not proceed. If you feel good off 25mg oxycodone, then I know you don't want to hear this, but take it from someone who's actually done fentanyl, extensively, if you like oxycodone's high, fentanyl is not the same. It is a very different state of intoxication, one will experience heavy sedation, and noticeable respiratory depression. What desired effects are you hoping to attain? Euphoria? There's no way you'll be able to enjoy the negligible euphoria when you're focusing on breathing.

Just because you have fentanyl, doesn't mean you should use it. Especially someone without the proper tolerance.
It is written directly on the patch "NOT FOR ACUTE OR POSTOPERATIVE PAIN"

Also, in bold letters, ATTENTION: ONLY FOR USE BY PATIENT FOR WHOM PRESCRIBED. This is for a reason. The patch is designed to release 75 micrograms per hour, yet you plan to dose 239 micrograms all at once? What makes you you think you're invincible?

239 micrograms would be more than twice what they would give a non-tolerant user in the hospital. For sedation purposes, usually they IV 100 micrograms.

Do not proceed. If you feel good off 25mg oxycodone, then I know you don't want to hear this, but take it from someone who's actually done fentanyl, extensively, if you like oxycodone's high, fentanyl is not the same. It is a very different state of intoxication, one will experience heavy sedation, and noticeable respiratory depression. What desired effects are you hoping to attain? Euphoria? There's no way you'll be able to enjoy the negligible euphoria when you're focusing on breathing.

Just because you have fentanyl, doesn't mean you should use it. Especially someone without the proper tolerance.
It is written directly on the patch "NOT FOR ACUTE OR POSTOPERATIVE PAIN"

Also, in bold letters, ATTENTION: ONLY FOR USE BY PATIENT FOR WHOM PRESCRIBED. This is for a reason. The patch is designed to release 75 micrograms per hour, yet you plan to dose 239 micrograms all at once? What makes you you think you're invincible?

Ahh, it's just that I paid up the ass for this one opioid. It's the only thing I could get! Should I cut off an even smaller piece, or even just cut the patch up into 4 pieces (maybe more?) and apply to my skin and use as directed?

You will die.

Fent is not prescriped to non-tolerant or lightly tolerant users. There is no way to use this drug safely, especially for recreational purposes.

A quick browse through the shrine turned up these:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/462435-RIP-PhreeX
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...hts-and-prayers-(RIP-Ryan)?highlight=fentanyl
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/283808-RIP-staypuft?highlight=fentanyl

There's more, but I feel pretty crass posting these. Its like you asking us how to safely shoot yourself in the head.

Exactly. If you paid a lot for a patch, make it be a learning experience. One where you live to learn the experience. I'd dispose of it in the proper packaging.

You are better off with no opioids, than with fentanyl, especially in terms of recreational abuse in non-tolerant users.

Awhh... Really not the reply I was hoping for. But if there really is no way for me to dose it I suppose I am better off safe than sorry. Thanks guys

Honestly, trade it for a drug worth your time. I would feel super guilty trading it though, I probably couldn't do it knowing what could happen to that person.

fentanyl, IME, is a latch ditch effort at keeping an opiate expense low. It runs fairly rampant in my area, and cheap too. Most people that can't afford their oxy addiction turn to fentanyl to maintain. If you get high off of 25mg oxy, .230mg would destroy you.

Ya bro. Let's put it this way. I banged 13 roxy 30mgs in under 2 hours once...I would NOT iv feth or even try it. Ever. Too much. Just sell the dam n thing and get soem oxys.

Last edited:
Not a chance I could sell it after all the research i've done. I'm honestly surprised the guy sold the 2 patches to me without warning. All he said was to put the patch on and take it off after 10 hours. It's going in the garbage if I can't find a safe way to dose!

You would absolutely be dead if you put a patch on. Could you return them?

The problem with fentanyl is that it doesn't feel like other opiates. There is no euphoria, so you never really "feel it" hence people try small doses like that and it doesn't really hit them so they take a bit more... and well, you go from not feeling it to not breathing with very little indication.

I don't like "dicksizing" but to put this in context, last time I shot up was 60mg of oxymorphone (equivalent to eating like 7-800mg oxycodone), and I would never touch fent.

Conclusion: taking just a little bit 25-50mcg bucally is a bad idea because the euphoria will be shit and you won't feel it, so your confidence will encourage you to double up, and that could very easily be too much.

can anyone give me a good fentanyl dose when a tolerence of banging 80 mg of oxies? and i'll probably be banging the fentalyn as well.

Did you miss the rest of this thread?

How do you plan to measure out a microgram amount of a substance extracted from a patch in unknown quantities?

you know what .1 of dope looks like? Well a safe dose of fentanyl is 1/2500 that size.

Seriously, are we all missing the moral to the story? Do you want us to start talking about loved ones who died using this drug? What will it take?

Do. not. proceed. If you're going to go against the advice of everyone, No matter the ROA I wouldn't dose more than 25micrograms. IMO, if you can, 12.5micrograms would be safer, but who the fuck are we kidding, you can't accurately measure doses this low. This is why there's almost no point in us giving you a dosage, if you can't measure it.

Fentanyl is not any good recreationally. The only way we can prove this is by giving advice based on our experiences, including those experiences passed on to us by those who have died and cannot physically tell you not to do it.

Last edited:
And take it from a very seasoned opiate user who just went through way TOO much IV Fentanyl via a PCA-- It did not produce 1 second of euphoria, left my receptors fried and me hallucinating from its toxicity in my body.

Definitely not your worth; You have something of enormous trade value...like others said acquire an opiate worth your while.

The problem with dosing fentanyl in this way (placing a small piece of the patch in your mouth) is that many users will "nod off" while it's still in their mouth. They continue to absorb whatever is left on the piece in their mouth and they die.

It's not what you wanted to hear but the posts in this thread are correct - there is no safe way to dose fentanyl outside of a hospital setting or as otherwise advised by a licensed medical practitioner.

The best way I've found to do fentanyl is smoking it. I scrape off the adhesive with a razor blade, or put a small piece of the patch on foil with pliers holding the corner, run a flame under the foil for less than a second, and pull off with the pliers instantly. I'm not saying you should do fentanyl, but it sounds like you're going to no matter what anyone says. If you do do this, start with a TINY piece. Scrape off some adhesive and start with literally the smallest piece you can cut off just in case. Once again, I'm not saying you should do fentanyl, but if you decide to, start as small as possible. In my experience, the nods can be pretty scary sometimes. I've caught myself not breathing nodding on fentanyl. It's a very very dangerous drug. The problem with fentanyl isn't just how small the doses are, it's the fact that you have far more of a CNS depressant effect for less of a high. BE CAREFUL! Also, fentanyl withdrawal is the worst acute withdrawal I have ever experienced, and you build a tolerance quick. I went from making a 100mcg Duragesic (16.8mg) last a week, to going through 3 or 4 patches a day in a matter of weeks. Also keep in mind that if you decide to smoke adhesive, well... you'll be smoking adhesive. I can't imagine smoking silicone to be healthy. Take care, don't give any to your friends. Do NOT sell it unless you know the person can handle it.

Also, all that being said, fentanyl is one of my favorite drugs due to what I pay for it. I get at LEAST 30x the uses for the same dollar amount paid for roxis.

The best way I've found to do fentanyl is smoking it. I scrape off the adhesive with a razor blade, or put a small piece of the patch on foil with pliers holding the corner, run a flame under the foil for less than a second, and pull off with the pliers instantly. I'm not saying you should do fentanyl, but it sounds like you're going to no matter what anyone says. If you do do this, start with a TINY piece. Scrape off some adhesive and start with literally the smallest piece you can cut off just in case. Once again, I'm not saying you should do fentanyl, but if you decide to, start as small as possible. In my experience, the nods can be pretty scary sometimes. I've caught myself not breathing nodding on fentanyl. It's a very very dangerous drug. The problem with fentanyl isn't just how small the doses are, it's the fact that you have far more of a CNS depressant effect for less of a high. BE CAREFUL! Also, fentanyl withdrawal is the worst acute withdrawal I have ever experienced, and you build a tolerance quick. I went from making a 100mcg Duragesic (16.8mg) last a week, to going through 3 or 4 patches a day in a matter of weeks. Also keep in mind that if you decide to smoke adhesive, well... you'll be smoking adhesive. I can't imagine smoking silicone to be healthy. Take care, don't give any to your friends. Do NOT sell it unless you know the person can handle it.

Also, all that being said, fentanyl is one of my favorite drugs due to what I pay for it. I get at LEAST 30x the uses for the same dollar amount paid for roxis.

He has the mylan patches. These can not be smoked.