• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Synaesthesia Thread

2ce has produced synaesthesia stronger than lsd for me anyway...

Indeed. 2ce is well known to cause Synaesthesia. I've never FELT music before such as I did on 2c-e. So rapturous.

While on acid, I do feel music and visuals merge as one.

But only certain type of music, it has to be mellow or somewhat chill.

Music and visuals seem to flow and mesh seamlessly.

Synesthesia can occur from any psychedelic drug, or when sober. I have heard that some people get it naturally regularly. I can imagine that such a thing could be a bit difficult to deal with at times, if one was confused about sensory input.

So many people think "LSD" when someone says psychedelic. But in fact, LSD is just one of many, many psychedelics, and while it is different from others, it's not the only one that's really[/]i psychedelic. Many people (such as myself) find other chemicals better than LSD at reaching psychedelic places.

I just thought I'd mention this as I see a lot of threads get posted asking about LSD when they really mean to say "psychedelics". Not that this thread is one of those.

Finally, 2C-E has provided me with the most complete and profound synesthesia of any substance, for sure.

WaseFraKa said:
music is noise that thinks

Or perhaps it's thoughts that make noise?

2C-E is the one material that has reliably produced synaesthesia each time I've taken it at substantial enough doses (20mg+). Once I actually saw the music in mid-air transforming itself and swirling about. "Rapturous" is indeed a good word to describe that experience.

I find that LSD and mushrooms don't as much, or if they do it's more subtle. With acid the music seems to set the tone for the whole trip and I almost forget that it's there. Same with mushrooms too.

I found that LSD can produce it but not constantly. Never experienced it on mushrooms. DOC & Nitrous is really the combination that seems to throw full blown synesthesia at me...

Although many of the 2cx compounds do so as well.

when i eat the cactus i can see the sound waves, but i'm not sure that this is necissarily synesthesia.

i've def had synesthesia occur before, seeing music, hearing sights, etc.

but on the cactus i can literally see the sound waves come out of the speakers...or out of someone's mouth.

i saw an explaination of the siren effect (the doplar effect?) on the cactus as well...people were walking about 70 ft. in front of me, they were talking, but not very loud. i saw a 'cone' of sound waves come from there mouth into my ear, and their voices sounded very deep. when analyzing this (immediately thereafter) i realized that sound waves sound deeper when they're farther away...like with police sirens, and trains...deep when far away, higher when closer.

this observation of sound waves is really intense though, i went to school on a low dose of cactus (for shamanic practice of course :) ) . in class the teacher's voice was bouncing around the room, and i could hear it approaching my ears.

its like, normally you hear when the sound goes into your ear drum, but on cactus i am capable of seeing the sound approach my ear and slide down into the ear drum. it sounds like its coming down a tunnel actually.

thought i'd share this profound potential for the observation of physics..for it kind of relates to synesthesia. its just a very-clear form of it, no confusion of sensory input.

the doppler effect is related to the speed and direction in which the source of the sound is travelling. when the source is coming towards you the sound waves are compressed and sound higher pitched, when its going away the sound waves are stretched and sound lower pitch. the effect is more pronounced at higher speeds.

anyway, i've had visuals dance around to music on mescaline, but i wouldn't call that synaesthesia, just cev's. haven't taken enough.

Many scientists believe synesthesia is not an issue of black or white, but of degree. Everyone is at least a little bit of a synesthete; it's just far more pronounced in many people. Virtually everyone, for example, associates certain words and sounds with certain shapes and colours ('rough' sounding syllables match up with jagged imagery and bold colours; 'gentle' rolling syllables match up with smooth curves and subdued colours).

One of the controversies regarding this is that 'true' synesthetes seem to form more or less arbitrary links between the senses (the link between number and colour, for example, will be different for different synesthetes), whereas the above-mentioned phenomenon tends to be patterned (virtually everyone tested will match the same sound to the same image). It's possible that some other effect is at work for the common pattern that is distinct from synesthesia, but aside from this detail it operates in largely the same way. Maybe those with more pronounced synesthesia are more likely to make it 'their own' and form unconventional links for psychological reasons, but the physiological mechanism is the same? Little more can be done than speculation at this point.

Regarding drugs, it's pretty clear that psychedelics change the way the brain processes information. Maybe part of that change involves activating dormant neural passageways? The current understanding of synesthesia is that it's due to linkages between parts of the brain that are severed in 'normal' people but remain connected for synesthetes. Perhaps these linkages are merely 'switched off' but remain physically present, and psychedelics reactivate them?

Aeon Psyche said:
"alive, open eye kind"? Can you explain to me why you use those words to describe it?

It was as if there were bright bright colors all around. Every color of the rainbow. And every shade and hue of every color, constantly mixing, endlessly entertaining. This was at night, outdoors, to the music of a very good three piece band on about I'd estimate 300 ug.

Seeing colours is not synesthesia^^

Has anyone ever experienced complete synesthesia like me? all senses mixing at once.

^^ 2C-E blended all of my senses into one super-sense. I have heard F&B and some others talk about that as well with 2C-E.

I remember my visuals being influenced by my thought patterns on 2c-e. That was about it. What dose did you take?

To second what solistus said, when asked to identify which letter represents the sound "kiki" and which represents "boobah," 99% of respondents say that the sharp angled is the former and the soft curvy one is the latter. This holds true regardless of the location/language/etc. of the individual responding, and seems to suggest that some level of synethesia is inherent in everyone.

so, i guess i'll add my personal experience to this one, though in general i don't like discussing it in detail unless i know the person really well. honestly, it just makes me come off as a nutcase.

i associate every word with a food. it's been this way since i was very little, & i can actually recall telling my grandmother about it. for example, the word "word" produces the thought (& sometimes taste) of yogurt. i have gained some insights into the nature of these occurances the day after trying DMT, but it's a little too complicated to explain.

interestingly, this is often hereditary & occurs mostly in females. i, however, am male. strangely enough, my mom has told me that when she sees a person she "feels" them as a color instantly. she is likely synesthesic as well, in my opinion...

is it repeatable, the same word produces the same taste in your case, it sounds like it. is it the same with psychedelic induced synaesthesia? anyone tested it?

I associate certain areas and places with concepts or things; for example, one corner near my house always makes me start thinking of tiletamine for some reason. Its like holographically that corner and tiletamine are actually the same thing....hmm. I certainly hear music as a visual thing.

the only drug?

I get veeeeeeeeeeeeeery mild synesthesia from extremely good cannabis. I most certainly get it from psylocybin. Also ketamine, extremely high doses of mdma/mda, 2C* compounds, different tryptamines like AMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, etc.

So imo, this phenomenon (and what a BEAUTIFUL thing it is!) comes from pretty much any psychedelic experience.

dorothyperkins said:
is it repeatable, the same word produces the same taste in your case, it sounds like it. is it the same with psychedelic induced synaesthesia? anyone tested it?

keep in mind, the taste is usually not even enough for me to notice (unless i consciously try to pay attention to the thought), it's the THOUGHT of a certain food.

& yes, it's the same food for the same word every time since i was little.

I have listened to music on LSD and then while sober did not recognise any of the music I had just listened to.
I dont think that all psychedelics and create this effect as equally as all others. 2C-I produced not even a hint of it, while 2C-E is a very powerful synesthetic.
Mushrooms produces a very nice synesthesia, yet a rather equal level of 4ACO-MIPT had me seeing music in a way I could only imagine heavy doses of psilocybin to create.

Synesthesia is too me impossible to accurately describe, which is why I beleive many people have such a different idea of the phenomenon. And is also why I believe people tend to confuse this with CEV. They are two completely separate instances. It is possible for the CEV to move with the music, but that to me is not classic or the full picture of synesthesia.

Synesthesia is the single most beautiful thing I have ever felt though. Next is defiantely CEV, but one can describe or draw a CEV farily accurate, but I dont think it is possible to accurately draw a synesthetic event.