• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kratom question

invisigone

Greenlighter
I'm on my cellphone so this will be short. I have ordered some kratom powder and some resin. How do I take it? It is a total novice question, do I eat it? Smoke it? Shove it up my ass? I am using it for opiate withdrawals from a moderate habit. Any help gratefully accepted.

You take it orally. Most people toss n wash it, the exact methods vary, but basically involve chucking a spoonful in your mouth and then swallowing it down quickly.

The dose varies depending on the strain, so make sure to start low.

Whatever you do don't smoke it. It will cause respiratory failure.
Its an excellent thing to do for opiate withdrawls however if you
Start taking it often, it makes you a very angry person.
It causes serious anger issues. It happened to me bad enough
Til I realised it. It took 4 active vacations and a year of sword
Weilding classes to release that anger and keep it from coming back.

I'm on my cellphone so this will be short. I have ordered some kratom powder and some resin. How do I take it? It is a total novice question, do I eat it? Smoke it? Shove it up my ass? I am using it for opiate withdrawals from a moderate habit. Any help gratefully accepted.
There is a Kratom Mega Thread in OD. I would suggest you read it before proceeding.

Whatever you do don't smoke it. It will cause respiratory failure.
Its an excellent thing to do for opiate withdrawls however if you
Start taking it often, it makes you a very angry person.
It causes serious anger issues. It happened to me bad enough
Til I realised it. It took 4 active vacations and a year of sword
Weilding classes to release that anger and keep it from coming back.

are you joking? I have never heard of anyone getting angry on kratom and I know a lot of regular users. I myself used to be a daily user for a bout a year and never experienced anger, maybe very slight irritability at times but that was rare.

OP you probably want to toss n wash it. You take some juice or another non-carbonated beverage like milk and take a sip keeping it in your mouth then take a teaspoon full of kratom and wash it down with more liquid. This way you won't choke on the powder. It takes a little practice to get the hang of it. You could also take a piece of toilet paper or tissue and parachute it. If these methods fail you could get some empty capsules from a health food store and fill them up with the kratom. Hope this helps.

So yay or nay on the anger? I'm about to order some kratom & don't need any "help" with my anger problem.. Lol.

are you joking? I have never heard of anyone getting angry on kratom and I know a lot of regular users. I myself used to be a daily user for a bout a year and never experienced anger, maybe very slight irritability at times but that was rare.

OP you probably want to toss n wash it. You take some juice or another non-carbonated beverage like milk and take a sip keeping it in your mouth then take a teaspoon full of kratom and wash it down with more liquid. This way you won't choke on the powder. It takes a little practice to get the hang of it. You could also take a piece of toilet paper or tissue and parachute it. If these methods fail you could get some empty capsules from a health food store and fill them up with the kratom. Hope this helps.

Going to have to agree with you here!! Kratom, if anything, has helped me get back in touch with my empathetic, motivated, loving, affectionate side! It helped me realize how much more beneficial such a loving mood is to myself and others, as opposed to my normal lethargic, monotone, defensive, borderline paranoid mood. Kratom withdrawals are also a joke, I just stopped for a whole week COLD TURKEY after using daily for well over a year, and I can't say I had any tell-tale dope-sickness symptoms at all. I had every intention to wean myself off kratom in anticipation of a week-long trip to the other side of the country, took a day off here and there, but for the most part, I used daily up until the day I left, including a nice big fat dose before I boarded the plane. I was quite concerned about the potential withdrawals I may be about to endure, I didn't know what to expect. When I travel, I always have trouble sleeping, I have enough trouble sleeping in my own bed and always have, so when I'm away from home it's even worse. Having said that, insomnia was the only symptom I can say I 'suffered' from while away, and even so it's hard to tell if it was actually a result of w/d or my normal insomnia from traveling. In other words, kratom withdrawals are nearly non-existent if you're strong willed. Sure, cravings are there, but distract yourself from that with activities and after just a few days you'll actually find yourself not really caring about kratom anymore. Now that I'm home, kratom is still appealing but doesn't seem nearly as important to daily life. Today, I'm out of kratom, and have no idea when my next order will be arriving, and I could honestly not care less. :)

Having said all that, no, kratom does not turn you into an angry person! The poster who said it makes you angry very likely had underlying issues to begin with, and perhaps the mild kratom withdrawal effect triggered his/her condition to get worse? I'm not a doctor, I don't know, all I have is experience, and from my experience, it certainly does not make you an angry person if you have a grip on reality.

^Good to know! Me thinks I shall try it. I've got a "partner in crime" willin to experiment with me :D

I kinda agree on the anger. When i used it for a straight week I got pissed off really easy while on it. Not sure if it was the comedown effects but I know what hes talking about.

I occasionally get the Kratom form of "opiate rage" but that it. No real anger issues. And for eating it I highly recommend mixing in with yogurt, up to 10g per cup it's a little bitter but so easy to just shovel back quickly and painlessly.

Ok well let me say this differently and in all reality. I once had an opiate
Issue and I turned to kratom. Regretfully I abused the kratom. I have taken
More then I can explain. And it really did make me feel anger and I could tell easily.
Everyone knows though that everyone reacts to something.differently, maybe it was just me.
So if my answer was misleading I apologize. Kratom really is an excellent thing for opiate withdrawl.
California poppy is as well. Its the only poppy without opiates although do to some alkoids, the effect
Is sjmilar

Kratom is like an awesome speedball with an edge of trippiness to it. Toss and wash is a good way to do it, mix your water kratom and a few drops of lemon juice in a shot glass and freeze it overnight. Let it thaw out and melt and then toss it, most users (including me) on a Kratom forum say it's let them cut back on their dose with the same or stronger effects. Personally I like make capsules out of rolling papers by wrapping it around a straw and licking it and then twist the end off and fill with .6-7 powder, twist, clip and swallow.

What's a good startin dose? I ordered some & some veggie capsules to put it in bc I'm to pussy to toss and wash lol.
Anyway, opiate tolerance is down bc I haven't abused them in a long time. I'd say 40 mgs oxycodone does me good right now.
So, safe startin dose?
Also, what's a good dose for someone with NO tolerance to opiates? Partner in crime needs to know ;)

Kratom is a lot like pot in the sense that it's strength will differ from strain to strain and vendor to vendor, but assuming that you bought from a reputable vendor and are using PL I'd say 3-6g for no tolerance and between 5-8g for a 40mg oxy tolerance. It's always better to start smaller and re-dose ~1hr apart until you find your dose than go balls out and be puking out your mouth and nose for 2-3hrs like I have. One thing to keep in mind too is that it's gonna vary WIDELY from person to person, I went for a straight 6g my first time and was exactly where I wanted to be, but I gave my buddy 1.8g in 2 paper capsules and he was in outerfuckingspace. He left after he took them and when he got back 30 mins later he walked in the door, sat on the couch and immediately started giggling while rubbing his face. Once I asked him what the fuck he was doing he told me that he couldn't feel his face and felt like he was slightly trolling (with eyes to match). Tread carefully lest you end up like him lol.

I'd also discourage gel caps since they seem to take away any sense of real awesomeness from the buzz, I believe it's because they end up melting and kind of acting like the wax matrix in an oxy trapping all the goodness inside for a longer absorption. I'd really suggest trying the rolling paper way if you can figure out what I meant, it's no worse than swallowing gel caps and I've noticed rapidly increasing effects start in as little 15 minutes.

Kratom is my new plant of interest and I've spent god knows how many hours digging through various resources trying to figure this plant out, so if anyone has any questions about it I'll gladly try to help or at least point you in the right direction.

^ Thank you =)
I ordered plain, crushed bali leaf (as it seems most people order/do that).
I got your paper capsule idea, I'll try it =)
I only ordered the capsules bc I knew toss & wash wouldn't go well.. Lol. Last night I dropped 3.9 grams of gabapentin, out of the capsules (all powder) and almost puked tryin to just swallow that with some Dew. Don't try this, nasty! Gotta admit though the "high" was amazin lol.

You're more than welcome, I'm always glad to help! Bali should be a pretty good choice for a novice, but in the discussions I've read Bali is also the strain most likely to cause eye wobbles and other negative effects in people. Don't worry though, it's not incredibly common or dangerous just kind of annoying but usually can be remedied by choosing a different strain next time you try.

Toss and Wash isn't so bad though as long as you don't do the powder on tongue method though. I usually mix my powder, water and some lemon juice together in a condiment cup and let it freeze overnight and then thaw it to a slush in the microwave then mix into another drink. Granted it's not really 'toss and wash' but I've noticed that it does have some effect on potency (good way) of the material and when it's a slush you won't taste shit going down as long as you chase it. Best to do it with about a 2:1 ratio water:kratom and use as little liquid as possible to mix the slush into, sweet tea works pretty well imo. Make sure you rinse out the glass and get whats left after or else it was all for naught! 8(

Cool. I'll try that =)
I was lookin at some Superior Red Dragon. Ever heard of it? It says:
This strain is the most effective, euphoric, pain killing, uplifting Kratom.

Cool. I'll try that =)
I was lookin at some Superior Red Dragon. Ever heard of it? It says:

It sounds like it might a ripoff. Kratom is usually named by the country of orgin/strain name (Thai, Sumatran, Indonesian, Bali, Kalimantan, Maeng Da), the color of the leaf's vein (green, red, white), and the form it comes in (plain leaf, powdered, extract, enhanced leaf, etc.). Unscrupulous vendors usually put names on it like K2 crap, market it for consumption (illegal), or market it as some sort of instant cure for w/d's or a way to get SOOOO HIGH MAAAAN. Not to say that somebody calling something 'chocolate xxx' makes them a bad vendor, but the good vendors usually have a reason why they call it that (the smell of that batch/strain, or to denote a unique product) and give a description why and how it differs if there is an increase in the price. 'Aroma' is the keyword ;)

Basically treat Kratom like you are shopping for a real Rolex in China town.. Assume that everyone is trying to steal your hard earned money and that if they can't answer legitimate questions you have with a satisfactory response it's better to keep on walking. It's real easy to tell a quality Kratom vendor by the professional nature of their descriptions, the affordability of their product ($7.99/oz-16.99/oz usually for plain leaf depending on quality/strain), how long they have been around and their eagerness to help you pick the right product for you without an up-sell. Find a euphemism for taking it if you decide to email them though, most treat talk of ingesting Kratom akin to asking for a bong in a headshop and you'll get nowhere.