PDA

View Full Version : Ketamine and your nose?

oOFuzzEOo
03-03-2003, 03:58
Hey.. I've searched and searched, but I can't find any information on it. What kinda damage, if any does ketamine do to a users nose?
Does it have the same effect as coke? or is the damge to a lesser extent... any information would be thankful..
Also webpages with this info on it, would be nice aswell.

JosephTHeSequel
03-03-2003, 04:22
Why dont you go post this in the right forum! Psychedelics! And on a note, jsut IM your k, its alot better.

Sebastians_ghost
03-03-2003, 06:42
Moving to Psychedelics.
SG

morninggloryseed
03-03-2003, 06:53
Yes, snorting ketamine is damaging to the nose. I am not able to show you documents backing me up, but I've talked to a number of regular ketamine urers who snort it and have nose-bleeds often.
I’d strongly recommend you acquire the services of a trained and registered nurse or junkie and administer your ketamine by intra-muscular (IM) injection. Snorting is damaging to the nasal tissue in the lining of the nose. In addition, not only is snorting ketamine disgusting but the experience is significantly better both qualitatively and quantitatively when it is IMed. No amount of snorted ketamine can do what Iming it does. It is the only way to reach a ‘true k-hole’.
Do not attempt injection if you have no knowledge of how to do so. There are several web-sites that show proper technique, or perhaps you maybe know a sympathetic nurse who can help you bu showing you personally. But yeah, ketamine is best when IMed and snorting is gross.

SteveElektro
03-03-2003, 07:29
^^^ I'f your buying your K as powder, DO NOT IM IT!!
Only K straight from the vial should be IM'd, as IM'ing street drugs can lead to serious infections.
(Believe it or not, but IV'ing is much safer for street drugs, although IV'ing K is a bit extreme - I have done it, maybe my trip report is still around somewhere)

Orpheus420
03-03-2003, 07:56
"In addition, not only is snorting ketamine disgusting but the experience is significantly better both qualitatively and quantitatively when it is IMed. "
In your opinion you mean..Not disputing that snorthing isn't good for your nose, but the statement about it being gross and not as good is totally your own view..

morninggloryseed
03-03-2003, 08:09
SteveElektro :Yeah you are right. It is not safe to IM street ketamine. I was always used to get it right from a pharmie sealed vial. But the use of a .02 micron filter will render it sterile. Of course that doesn't help if it is cut with something.
Orpheus420: No, snorting ketamine is disgusting. It's a fact. :) Your nose gets caked with white snot/buggers and you have this gross powder running down the back of your throat. That is nasty.
And the experience of snorting ketamine compared to IMing it isn't as good. I've never heard anyone who has both snorted ketamine and IMed it say they are were the same or even comparable. IMing it is almost totally different in both the way it feels and the way it hits you. It's so much smoother. It just feels so 'right'.
Maybe you have both snorted and IMed ketamine (I don't know) and are the exception to the rule, but before you I've never heard a person say IMing ketamine isn't much better of an experience than snorting it. And if you haven't personally IMed ketamine, well then your opinion on the matter is kinda irrelevant.
Oh, another thing about snorting vs. IMing...you never know how much you got. Some runs down your throat, some sticks to the hair and never gets absorbed, some drips out of your nose from the front and you wipe it away. It nice to put 120 mg in your body and know 120 mg exactly is how much you got.
[ 03 March 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

mw.stoner
03-03-2003, 09:46
mgs,
I actually like the taste of ketamine powder when it is cooked directly from a liquid vial. I've also had powerful psychedelic experiences when snorting ketamine. I definitely reached k-hole state without im'ing it.
Just my 2 cents.

FunkayRavin
03-03-2003, 12:46
an IM injection is pretty damn easy. just aim for your leg and stab! the first time i IM'd k i was already pretty damn high (snorted). injected it myself via a imitrex injector (just stick on your leg and push a button.. needle comes STABBING out.. fuckin hurts, but it gets the job done).
if you're sober and have *some* basic idea of where to put the needle, you should have no problem administering your own ketamine IM shot.

morninggloryseed
03-03-2003, 17:23
[quote]Originally posted by mw.stoner:
I've also had powerful psychedelic experiences when snorting ketamine. I definitely reached k-hole state without im'ing it.
I've had some very powerful experiences myself from snorting it, and I've reached a 'khole-like' place from snorting it.
But trust me, the place IMing ketamine takes you to is well ahead and beyond what snorting the drug does. They are not the same trip. It is one of things that you must experience first hand to see. If you haven't, then you just won't know.
I want to go on the record to say: I don't care how you use your ketamine. I'm not pushing the needle. Snort it, stick it in your butt, push it into your ear...I don't care. But I'm gonna answer the question honestly. And honestly...snorting ketamine sucks.

Petersko
03-03-2003, 23:18
MOrninggloryseed said: [quote]In addition, not only is snorting ketamine disgusting but the experience is significantly better both qualitatively and quantitatively when it is IMed. No amount of snorted ketamine can do what Iming it does. It is the only way to reach a ‘true k-hole’.
Good lord - after the 50th time or so, haven't you gotten bored with editorializing about how much you dislike snorting?
The guy asked if it damages the nose, not "what is your personal opinion on the esthetics of snorting and what alternate method would you like to recommend".
As a moderator, I'd have thought "stick to the subject" would be the recommended course of action.
[quote]What kinda damage, if any does ketamine do to a users nose?
Yes, ketamine damages the nose. However, in my experience, ketamine does a lot less damage than cocaine, and not simply because the quantities used are different. It appears to absorb "easier".

oOFuzzEOo
05-03-2003, 02:07
^^^
Thank you.. and thank you to the people that tried to help..
any advice you could give me was great :D
[ 05 March 2003: Message edited by: oOFuzzEOo ]

-BunnE-
05-03-2003, 16:41
[quote]but I've talked to a number of regular ketamine users who snort it and have nose-bleeds often.
Interesting. As a kid, I got a nose-bleed every day. Grade One and Two were hell. I haven't had many nose-bleeds since then and I haven't had one since the first time I tried K. It could be coincedental.
No one has said anything that really proved that K is bad for you. I, too, am wondering. I haven't found anything online or any books on the subject. If anyone knows where I can find htis information, it would be greatly appriciated.

k puppy
05-03-2003, 17:05
To awnser the original question -
Yes i believe ketamine does damage your nasal cavaties.. after doing it several times a day for several days my nose got sores inside of it. This happened to me two different times.
And i do like to snort k, I'm not a fan of needles and it takes less than an oral dose, and theres a certain appeal to it.. plus you can rip something anywhere... you can't IM something anywhere though ;\ anyway..

morninggloryseed
05-03-2003, 19:09
Petersko and Orpheus420, if you don't like my opinions of snorting ketamine, or that i believe it to me more dangerous to the body than IMing it, or that I think it's gross....oh well. I am free to express my opinion as you are yours. If you don't like me or my entires, skip over them.

dj asterix
05-03-2003, 23:09
Ketamine is a quite strong acid, Im not sure but I believe that some bottles have the ph level on it. As a result of this acidity it is quite damaging to your nose. I used to do very large amounts of k, around 2 to 4 grams a day for a year or two and my nose was by the end pretty bad. now after not doing it in this kind of quantity since about augaust and using flonase, which my doctor prescribed to me, my nose is fine. if you are going to snort large amounts of any drug I advise you go to a doctor and ask them to prescribe you something for it.

morninggloryseed
05-03-2003, 23:21
[quote]Originally posted by k puppy:
you can't IM something anywhere though ;\ anyway..
Ketamine shouldn't be IMed just anywhere, or used haphazadly as a recreational drug. The IMed ketamine experience demands respect and prepertation.

Orpheus420
05-03-2003, 23:26
"around 2 to 4 grams a day for a year or two and my nose was by the end pretty bad. "
If you were snorting that much sugar a day for a year your nose would be fucked..Such large usage of k isn't really usable for valid "experience" on detoriation of nasal cavities..If you're doing that much, I think you have bigger problems than your nose anyway, no offense intended, as you said you cut down..
[ 05 March 2003: Message edited by: Orpheus420 ]

Petersko
05-03-2003, 23:41
[quote]Petersko and Orpheus420, if you don't like my opinions of snorting ketamine, or that i believe it to me more dangerous to the body than IMing it, or that I think it's gross....oh well. I am free to express my opinion as you are yours. If you don't like me or my entires, skip over them.
Do you not find it annoying to have every heroin question thread fill up with personal opinions on the users choice in using heroin?
Or every cocaine question answered by a bunch of posts saying, "Don't even bother with cocaine?" or "Stay away, it'll mess you up?"
Back to the original question:
I used substantial amounts of K each weekend for a year with little real soreness and no nose-bleeding.
Enter cocaine, and the inevitable nosebleeds. I don't do coke anymore, but my nose is still recovering.
Now I notice that ketamine use DOES cause damage, but moderated use (in the absence of other nose drugs) causes very little, even in larger quantities (like a gram a day, twice a week). As I said - a year, and no real trouble.

lantaarnpaal
06-03-2003, 12:42
Where can i find information about IM k? Or IM in generally?
And for the people who say they do have reached a k hole experience with snorting, how much do you need for it? And please not in g/mg because how in hell am i suppose to know how much i have!? How many line's do you snort, ofcourse it depends on the person...
Last question, is it possible to get ill after k use? i had used it last weekend (for the first time) en it was a nice experience but after a while a had pain in the throat en head ache so put the light's and music out en felt asleep . The next few days a had the flue, is it possible because of the k or is it just pure accidental?

morninggloryseed
06-03-2003, 22:21
[quote]Originally posted by lantaarnpaal:
Where can i find information about IM k? Or IM in generally? And please not in g/mg because how in hell am i suppose to know how much i have?
If you can't figure out simple math, then no offense but stay away from needles. Actually stay away from drugs all together. Just my opinion. To answer the question...try a search at google.com and you will find the answers you seek.

morninggloryseed
06-03-2003, 22:26
>Do you not find it annoying to have every
>heroin question thread fill up with personal
>opinions on the users choice in using heroin?
>Or every cocaine question answered by a bunch of >posts saying, "Don't even bother with cocaine?" >or "Stay away, it'll mess you up?"

The funny thing is I would hardly call myself a ketamine user. I use it a few times a year at best as I feel I have learned all I can from it and basically the substance has lost all appeal for me.

dj asterix
07-03-2003, 04:38
[quote]Originally posted by Orpheus420:
"around 2 to 4 grams a day for a year or two and my nose was by the end pretty bad. "
If you were snorting that much sugar a day for a year your nose would be fucked..Such large usage of k isn't really usable for valid "experience" on detoriation of nasal cavities..If you're doing that much, I think you have bigger problems than your nose anyway, no offense intended, as you said you cut down..
[ 05 March 2003: Message edited by: Orpheus420 ]
Actually as I said my nose is fine now so I think this is fairly relevent to the discussion.

Orpheus420
07-03-2003, 04:41
"Actually as I said my nose is fine now so I think this is fairly relevent to the discussion. "
Alrite, then that part is relevant..I meant that it's not revelant in the context that most ppl don't do that much k that often..To be totally honest, I greatly envy you for being able to get that much that often..I would go overboard too for a bit if I had access like that :)

lantaarnpaal
07-03-2003, 19:35
[quote]Originally posted by morninggloryseed:

If you can't figure out simple math, then no offense but stay away from needles. Actually stay away from drugs all together. Just my opinion. To answer the question...try a search at google.com and you will find the answers you seek.
Haha, i understand your point but fuck im not dumb my friend. I study economics so i;m not an brainless fool! And yes my english is bad....
But the problem is, if i read for example erowid en i go to dose i see light blabla mg strong blabla mg. But if i have a line of any drug in front of me how in hell can i know how much is in it?? I just want to know how much lines an unexperienced user wil need to get a k hole experience. I have read about the drug for about 1 or 2 years before the first time using it so i'm have more sense the a lot of fools walking around here!!
And by the way i'm not planning to im anyway i was just wondering about some information about it, just curious...
And can someone please anwer my last question!?!?
I don't think it was because of the k but i want to know sure that it is bullshit for the next time..........

Petersko
07-03-2003, 20:04
[quote]But if i have a line of any drug in front of me how in hell can i know how much is in it?? I just want to know how much lines an unexperienced user wil need to get a k hole experience.
Don't you see the basic problem with your question? There is no standard "line". Might as well ask how many snobbles in a tracopoof.
Get a scale, and ask for an answer in milligrams.
Or better yet, check the dosage listed on Erowid.

lantaarnpaal
07-03-2003, 20:41
Yes like is said im not stupid, like i said i have looked on erowid, like a said i know it depends on the person..........!!
And i also kwow IM is better and i also know it's hard to say how much someone needs for a k hole but i still was hoping that mayby someone could say it a little or whatever. But hé it's ok nevermind. I wanted to ask the question in a different way but my english is fucking bad so fuck i can't come out of my words how i want to say it, i won't post here because no one understand's it anyway or want to understand it.... It's quite frustrating if you can't say how i should wanna say it, and can tell you but not write it... Just talking not writing.. :(
[ 07 March 2003: Message edited by: lantaarnpaal ]