PDA

View Full Version : Benzos - Legality in Egypt?

pr0ficient
10-04-2012, 05:36
I'm going to Egypt next month and I have 2 questions.

1.) Is xanax and valium currently legal in Egypt?
2.) Can you purchase benzos at pharmacies in Cairo...over the counter and without a script? If so, what do you ask the pharmacist for? Just 'Xanax' or 'Valium,' and they'll know what you want? or should I refer to something else.

I keep trying to research this online, but all that comes up are outdated references and websites for online pharmacies.

Thanks--pr0

Allein
10-04-2012, 09:47
This depends on what you need the Benzos for, if you have a prescription and are taking them officially then look here:-

http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk or they may be an equivalent site for the US, having taken a quick look it states:-

An official letter from your GP is required, specifying that the medication you are taking to Egypt is for your personal use only, the quantity you will be carrying and details of your condition. Please note that any medication containing Methadone is NOT permitted into Egypt. For further details please contact the Egyptian Medical Office in London.

If you mean obtaining Benzos for recreational use and you have no doctors letter or "legitimate" need for them then it all looks a bit of a grey area especially given the instability in the country of late. In this case unless you can get in contact with someone in the area of Egypt you are going to visit I can't see that you are going to get a reliable answer.

The general consensus seems to be that you can but pretty much any common medication without a prescription in most pharmacies but this probably does not represent what the law in that country actually states.

Albion
10-04-2012, 12:08
No 'is so&so legal in so&so country/state/galaxy' questions please, as well as doctor/pharmacist shopping, it's against the rules...Closed..