• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Really weird reaction hours after IV heroin. Overdose?

SunflowerCake

Greenlighter
I've never had a bad encounter with IV heroin. Everything ALWAYS went as normal and I never had any serious issues.
Last night, I tried some dope from a new guy. It seemed a bit darker and cloudier than usual, but I did a normal amount. I felt sick to my stomach for a few seconds after I shot it, then it went away. I know some people get nauseas upon injecting, but I never do until about 6 hours later, so that was weird that I instantly felt sick.
The high was extremely short-lived and a little less euphoric. I just felt relaxed after the rush was over.

Now, the really strange part:
After I had fallen asleep, I sudden shot straight up in my bed and started crying for reasons I can't recall now. I remember being unable to think or speak coherent sentences. My boyfriend was with me and kept asking me what was wrong, and I couldn't understand what he was saying. I kept trying to explain why I was upset- but huge dry sobs with tears would just come out of my mouth instead and he couldn't calm me down or talk sense into me.
I slightly remember fading out of consciousness, and I was hallucinating random colors, patterns, and even people. It's like I was dreaming, while I was awake. But I couldn't tell the difference between my dream and reality. I'd look over and see a bunch of kids sitting in the corner of the room (who didn't exist), then I'd ask my boyfriend who the other people were, thus creating a very dramatic night.
I barely remember any of it now. And when I woke up this morning, I ended up puking in a Walmart parking lot (lol) which is unheard of, because it's nearly impossible for me to puke.

Any idea what the hell happened? Overdose? Stroke? What?
Maybe it was cut with something crazy? I'm not sure what a fentanyl high feels like..

It's pretty hard to tell you what happened based on your subjective description but...

I'm going to move this over to Other Drugs and we'll take it from there.

BDD --> OD

I have had overdoes multiple times before, and never once has it been like that. It sounds to me that there was something in that dope that shouldn't have been there..some kind of bad cutting agent or dissociative..no idea, but something was wrong with that batch for that to happen to you. It sounds truly harrowing hah, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Stay away from that specific batch and maybe even call your dealer and ask him what the fuck that shit was.

Could have been near OD (what it sounds like - not all OD's are alike and this is a lot like one I've had which was on the more "mild" side, as far as OD's go).
Could be a lot of other things.

But if I were a betting man, I'd put my money 1) on OD and 2) some sort of adulterant or cut or something

I don't know anybody who has ever full on hallucinated from an OD on heroin, myself included. I've only ever seen that in the movies. The OP is describing seeing vivid things and people that weren't there, plus intense anxiety bordering on hyperventilating and paranoia. That just isn't what heroin by itself does no matter the dose..

Strange thing can happen when one ODs. Just because one of us hasn't experienced something, or even if a majority of us haven't, doesn't mean it's not true. But yes, this is highly unusual. But then a couple of my experiences with drugs seem to have been highly unusual in their own right...

Wierd!

Wow i have never heard of anything like that. I would have to assume it was cut with some very strange adulterant with psychedelic or hallucinogenic properties. i dont really know what would take that long to hit and act like that after being IV'ed my only guess is a Schedule 1 prescription painkiller ive used before that has effects similar to oxycodone, however with hallucinations that look real, i was in bed and saw a person sit up and stare at me from the foot of my bed when no one was there, and a red suitcase turn into a red blanket and fly and spin and i saw an imaginary table and these all looked completely real. The painkiller that did this that i took was called Tapentadol (Sold to me from the Nucynta brand) check it out and see if the effects fit your experience. It was most likely some wierd adulterant like such or possibly an etremely intense LSD flashback, that woke you or was coincidentally right after you woke up? If you've ever used LSD haha.

I mean, I've hallucinated on high doses of opioids before, especially in auditory form. This is not so uncommon. But yea, it still does sound like such was complicated by factors other than simply a lot of dope.

Strange thing can happen when one ODs. Just because one of us hasn't experienced something, or even if a majority of us haven't, doesn't mean it's not true. But yes, this is highly unusual. But then a couple of my experiences with drugs seem to have been highly unusual in their own right...

You're right. I'm not denying it could happen in some strange case, I've just never heard of it and I've been around a while. So what else could it be besides OD and adulterant?

maybe you had injected some bacteria and had 'cotton-fever' or something of the sort? H doefsn't really cause hallucinations, and an overdose would result in more than just tears. If the OD wasn't to the point of needing to be revived, you would at teh very least have
vbeen extremely nauseaous all night. Did your boyfriend do any of the dope?

It's really impossible for us to say what happened to you, we have no idea if what you shot was even dope. Even if you had a pic or whatever, ti wouldn't help. Rather than experiment with your life I would not shoot that shit again.

maybe you had injected some bacteria and had 'cotton-fever' or something of the sort? H doefsn't really cause hallucinations, and an overdose would result in more than just tears. If the OD wasn't to the point of needing to be revived, you would at teh very least have
vbeen extremely nauseaous all night. Did your boyfriend do any of the dope?

It's really impossible for us to say what happened to you, we have no idea if what you shot was even dope. Even if you had a pic or whatever, ti wouldn't help. Rather than experiment with your life I would not shoot that shit again.

Exactly. Stay away from that batch of shit. Swain brought up a good point though. Did anyone you know do the same dope? Did they experience anything similar? No matter the answer, If I went through what you did even once, I'd never cop that same shit again.

^Lol that would suuuuck if that was the cut (although using diphen as such is not unheard of)

maybe an antihistamine with deleriant properties?

Yeah, it could be something like that. It does sound like a vaguely familiar experience to a time when I was 12 and took a bunch of Benydral. Hah..not a fun time. The OP probably got more antihistamine than heroin in that bag. Again, scrap that dealer and worn your friends from copping from that fucker again. I'd be fuming if someone sold me shit like that.

This is a question no one wants to hear, but how mentally stable are you?

It's not abnormal to go through depression for a lot of us here.

No unusual at all!! it's funny how this is so often overlooked when dealing with PAWS after long term opioid (ab)use, etc. etc.