• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Fentanyl Rush compared to Dilaudid or Opana

opeyonekanobe

Greenlighter
First, please don't lecture me about the dangers of fentanyl. I know many people have OD'd and I'm experienced with smoking and eating gel patches. I will start with ridiculously low doses (probably 50ug) and with enough time in between shots.

I want to know if Fentanyl will even compare to a hydrmorphone or oxymorphone RUSH.
These are the only two opiates that I've tried injecting and loved.
So please don't compare a heroin,oxycodone, or any other opiate rush to fent because I won't know what you're talking about.

I'm asking because I can get POWDERED fentanyl, but I don't want to get it and the RUSH sucks.
If it sucks I'd rather go with my doc hydromorphone.

Also, I'm only looking for answers from people who have actually Iv'd fentanyl and either hydro/oxymorphone or both.
I'm not talking about through an IV drip setup either, just a straight up shot from a rig.
I've searched many forums and there are people who state the rush is awesome, and others that had no effect. I'm thinking the people who had no effect most likely had it in a hospital setting.

Thanks for any info! :)

Ime the rush from iv fent is more intense than hydromorphone. However, ime it is also a lot easier to od from.

Make sure, if you do try it, you find an iv conversion chart here on BL and start with LESS than the equivalent amount of fent to your DOC.

Pls be careful OP

Please don't waste your time or your life with fentanyl, IV no less.
Don't do it.

hydromorphone and oxymorphone are my favorite opioids and the two I use the most. Fuck fentanyl, there's no euphoria there and the rush is more like the life being sucked from your body.

Dilaudid is a much better, safer, "rushy" drug if that's what your looking for, and I only recommend another opiate for harm reductions sake and because you mentioned you already love it in your post. Stick with it.

tricomb hit the nail on the head.

fent will disappoint. No real euphoria just severe respiratory depression and a sleepy feeling.

plus its half life is like an hour

^I would have to you also sticking to what you already know and love... save the fent for another day. Plus, the rush is somewhat subjective, so you really won't know for sure until you try, no matter what I or anyone else says.

Don't even save the fent for another day. Everytime I do it I get uncomfortably sedated and get extreme anxiety because I have trouble breathing. (except when used transdermally for pain, but I'm referring to abuse). Exchange it for your DOC

Don't even save the fent for another day. Everytime I do it I get uncomfortably sedated and get extreme anxiety because I have trouble breathing. (except when used transdermally for pain, but I'm referring to abuse). Exchange it for your DOC

I found transdermally to be the best for recreation. And ive tried buccal and smoking.

I agree with that statement but still it's recreational value is next to nothing IMO, and not something I would like to recommend to the OP.

Man, if you're an IV user, the rush really doesn't get much better than hydromorphone. Lay out Fentanyl, Dillies, or Opana's..I'll pick the Dilaudids every time. Two or three 8mg D's put me up against the wall every time. Dilaudid for the win.

You're welcome.

IV fentanyl isn't enjoyable IMO.

Not in the same way IV heroin or IV hydromorphone are.

I have turned down IV fentanyl over IV morphine (both pharm grade since I was in the hospital), which I would turn down over oxymorphone and hydromorphone. I would even choose IV buprenorphine over fentanyl. Fentanyl is possibly the least euphoric opiate IME, and if I were ever going to use it again, I would not use it intravenously. The line between a shitty high and death is too close with fentanyl, so I would much rather choose a more euphoric opiate instead of risking becoming another statistic.

I have turned down IV fentanyl over IV morphine (both pharm grade since I was in the hospital), which I would turn down over oxymorphone and hydromorphone. I would even choose IV buprenorphine over fentanyl. Fentanyl is possibly the least euphoric opiate IME, and if I were ever going to use it again, I would not use it intravenously. The line between a shitty high and death is too close with fentanyl, so I would much rather choose a more euphoric opiate instead of risking becoming another statistic.

Yeah, you put that pretty well. Why risk dropping dead for a mediocre high at best? There are way better alternatives out there that are way less dangerous.

If its a patch your better off sticking it on and getting 3 days of use out of it... i gave up on trying to get high from fentanyl... i stick with IV dilaudid... thats where the rush is... the only thing i found fent patches useful for was staving off withdrawals when i ran out of good stuff...

Ive been off opiates for about 5 years now... cept once or twice a year... for old times sake lol... but yea fent is lame if youve ever had dilaudid ;)

I'm in the ER right now. For the first time EVER. Besides surgery they gave me IV fent. I'm so not feeling a thing. Not even pain relief. I would stick with dilaudid all day every day if I could get my hands on it. I'm to much of a baby to IV at home. Don't know how to do it and don't know where to get needles and syringes. Any help with this???

The line between a shitty high and death is too close with fentanyl, so I would much rather choose a more euphoric opiate instead of risking becoming another statistic.
This. I never found fentanyl remotely euphoric. Just overly sedating, cold, and quick. Not worth the risk.

Fentanyl is my last choice of the stronger opiates, only when nothing else is available I will use fentanyl. If I could get hydromorphone I would not waste my time shooting up fentanyl for a one hour high that's mostly sedating anyway...

Please don't waste your time or your life with fentanyl, IV no less.
Don't do it.

hydromorphone and oxymorphone are my favorite opioids and the two I use the most. Fuck fentanyl, there's no euphoria there and the rush is more like the life being sucked from your body.

Dilaudid is a much better, safer, "rushy" drug if that's what your looking for, and I only recommend another opiate for harm reductions sake and because you mentioned you already love it in your post. Stick with it.

this, iv fent has a rush that feels like opiates minus the excellent feel good feeling of recreational opiates, it feels more like someone sitting on your chest...

Getting syringes

I'm in the ER right now. For the first time EVER. Besides surgery they gave me IV fent. I'm so not feeling a thing. Not even pain relief. I would stick with dilaudid all day every day if I could get my hands on it. I'm to much of a baby to IV at home. Don't know how to do it and don't know where to get needles and syringes. Any help with this???

Don't know where u live but normally u just go to the pharm and ask for them.....no script needed to buy syringes......

Fent sucks... Dilaudid is my fav opioid... I used to bang hundreds of them every month... Never had oxymorph...

The rush is def there. It hits hard and fast, but the euphoria doesn't even come close to dilaudid. IMO It hits the same, but with fentanyl you're waiting for that warm blanket opiate high that never comes.