• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can anyone explain the differences between DPH and DMH?

JasperTheReckless

Bluelighter
I'm fairly sure most of you know i'm the resident OTC Deliriant fiend. I was sitting here thinking, and got to wondering what exactly, is the difference between Diphenhydramine, and Dimenhydrinate. I know they are very similar, but I also know from experience they have different effects. One example being, Diphen is more auditory/physical, and Dimen is more visual. Side effects vary between the two as well. Anybody have some big words to sum things up for me?

Additionally, i'd like to address an issue I've had since the very beginning of my trials with these two; every now and again I will have a trip be much stronger than it should be, for the dose consumed. My favorite example, my first OD. I went from 18 pills (50mg dimen, each) for a full on trip, all the way to 30 pills to trip a little bit and play video games all night. The kicker is, the final trip was a mere 12 pills, leftovers from my stash. This lower dose (lower than the initial trip dosage even) hit me far harder than my 30 pill trip. I've never been able to intentionally re-create this effect, so I haven't really been able to figure out what causes it. It does occur with both chemicals. What causes this?

Dimenhydrinate is just diphenhydramine mixed with chlorotheophylline (caffeine analog) to reduce drowsiness, they're really the same drug.

(ab)using antihistamines as deleriants is very unpredictable, it's one of the reasons they are frowned upon for recreational usage. Too much risk of bad trips or no trips whatsoever.

Dimenhydrinate is just diphenhydramine mixed with chlorotheophylline (caffeine analog) to reduce drowsiness, they're really the same drug.

(ab)using antihistamines as deleriants is very unpredictable, it's one of the reasons they are frowned upon for recreational usage. Too much risk of bad trips or no trips whatsoever.

Is this to say, there are other forms of deliriants available?

"Deleriant drugs" is really a slang term for "abuse of anticholinergic drugs". Most antimuscarinic anticholinergic drugs will act as "classical deleriants" such as e.g. scopolamine, atropine, hysocine, trihexyphenidyl, benztropine, procyclidine, etc. will produce delerium if overdosed. Many of them are very fat soluble and have durations longer than a day, so they are generally not used.

Deleriant usage in general is dangerous, I will not discuss the actual reasons here but let it be known that your body temperature and heart rate can escalate rapidly out of control if you overdose seriously. Combined with reckless amnesic behaviour you may wake up in a hospital or not at all.

The medical usage of these drugs is for antinauseant, antisecretive, and/or opioid-potentiating effects. Sometimes they are also used to combat dyskinesias in e.g. alzheimers or parkinsons patients. Generally the doses are very low compared to "deleriant" actions.

Deleriant plants include henbane (hyoscamine), datura/jimsonweed (atropine), belladonna (atropine), mandrake (mixed tropanes).

If you are interested in the hallucinatory experience I strongly suggest finding some sort of well-researched tryptamine or phenethylamine research chemical, or even growing mushrooms (psilocin).

What's so attractive about these is the quality of hallucination. Most of the other chems i've danced with induce what i'd call visuals, as opposed to hallucinations. I like being presented with an image so realistic, I have to work to figure it out. I like the confusion as well.

Am I crazy to like the symptoms of delirium, recreationally? I've had my fair share of close calls, but I keep wandering back to these.

Out of what you listed above, which have the highest effects to side effects ratio?