• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin intense pain when having a hit

jeremykyle

Greenlighter
so i just had a hit in the hand, i was using a 29g needle about 60 units of water and about 1.75 bags of smack (thats bags not grams :p ). I tied off my arm with a fluffy dressing gown belt just above the wrist, I went into a small vein on the top of my hand got a register and started hitting, it was really hurting like a miss so i pulled back and was still in the vein, I took it out anyway cause I thought the vein must have been too small fot the hit. I put in the needle straight into a larger vein on the other side of my hand which id used a few times before got a good register and finished the hit.

right near the end of the hit when there was about 20 units left to go it started to burn really badly all through the vein not just at the injection site all through my hand when i took the tie off and the pin out it felt like my veins were on fire or filled with acid running from the two sites then my hand went really red and got small white swellings all over it, theyve went down now it still hurts a bit and the lumps have went down but theyre still pink and tender.

what happened? it wasnt a citric burn, it was similair but the rashing appeared differently and the pain was more intense.

Last edited:
should've loosened tourniquet before injecting, maybe you ballooned out your vein or something. probably would be better with even smaller needle too.

Yeah, it's possible you pierced through the vein at some point allowing some of the solution to slip out. It could also be the cut. I've had dope that I swear was cut with diphenhydramine before, and Benadryl does burn when injected.

i always worry that if i let go of the needle to take the tie off then the pin will come out of my vein thats why i take it off afterwards. 29g is the the smallest needle exchanges near me provide. my brother mentioned "microfine" needles but ive never seen them and he didnt know what gauge they were anyway, he uses 21g for the groin

benadryl, an anti-histamine, some take it (swallowed, as a pill) with brown as it reduces the itch, provides more sedation and may "potentiate" the effects. get a proper medical tourniquet, i keep hold of the needle and use my chin to push the quick release on the strap and it just flops off.

also the pain wasnt just at the site so i dont think i blew the vein the pain was all through my hand and wrist like i could feel all lthe gear in my veins and it was burning.

i just had a much smaller hit, 40 units water and about half a bag an the other hand, and there was no burning at all. strange,

sounds good man il try that out. and yeah ive seen those theyre really cool, my friend had one and it helped him a lot until the stretch wore out

i always worry that if i let go of the needle to take the tie off then the pin will come out of my vein thats why i take it off afterwards.

You can get away with staying tied off in a large vein, though it's never advisable, but your hand veins are tiny. You're tied off in one direction, a valve in the vein is sealing it off in the other, so even with a 1ml pin you are massively increasing the pressure within it. It's inflating like a balloon. No wonder they split, which I would agree is almost certainly what's happened here. Blood, heroin and citric leaking out into the surrounding tissues will definitely cause bruising, swelling, stinging, histamine reaction, you name it. You should always untie. The chances of vein damage / IV complications are necessarily gonna be higher if you don't.

29g is the the smallest needle exchanges near me provide. my brother mentioned "microfine" needles but ive never seen them and he didnt know what gauge they were anyway

BD Microfine / Microfine Plus 1ml pins will be 29 / 30 gauge respectively. I'd be surprised if your exchange didn't have them available to them. They're a pretty common brand along with Terumo Myjectors. If not they're pretty readily available in packs of 10 from chemists IME.

Last edited:
yeah the 29g that i get theyre called microfine but he was saying that you can get even finer tips called mircofines, i dunno he talks a lot of shit