• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Using recreational drugs on Ranitidine(Zantac)

space_traveler

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelighters, I was recently prescribed the histamine-2 blocker Ranitidine for a stomach ulcer, and I will be taking it for the next 30 days. I have a number of things planned in the coming month, and I had intended on taking drugs. I am just curious if anybody here knows of ANY interactions between Ranitidine and recreational drugs. The main drugs I am concerned about are mxe, mdma, 5-methyl-ethylone, and 5-meo-mipt. If anyone knows of other drugs that interact with Ranitidine, I would be glad to hear about those too.

Ranitidine (Zantac) is related to cimetidine, but it doesn't potentiate any drugs like benzos or opioids. Nobody can tell you what interactions ranitidine might have with research chemicals because nobody knows, but as far as most pharmaceutical drugs like opioids, benzos, amphetamines, methylphenidate, barbiturates, and z-drugs drugs - it is safe to take with (it's just a heartburn medication). In fact, taken 30-45 minutes before taking an amphetamine will help reduce your stomach acids and that's a good thing because acid kills amphetamines. I've mixed ranitidine with almost every pharmaceutical I've ever done because I often take it for heartburn.

As for drugs like MDMA, LSD, shrooms, and other other hallucinogenics I am not sure as to how ranitidine will react with them. I'm sure it would be okay with weed, though.

I wasn't expecting there to be any experts on the interactions between RC's and Ranitidine, just maybe people with some first hand experience. Thanks for the information about prescriptions though!

Ranitidine can potentially slow down gastric emptying, which delays the onset of effects of orally taken drugs (most absorption happens in small intestine). Other interactions are unlikely.