• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth has NOT messed up my life - Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm7125

Greenlighter
Hi!
I've been experimenting with meth over the past few months. I am a professional with a great job, responsibilities, making contributions to society and hopefully helping to make this world a better place. I've got my life together, my finances are great, I have close friends and family that I care about and they care about me. In a nutshell... everything is pretty good. I don't have depression, or any other medical issues.

I started using because I was curious. I will use over a weekend here and there to party, and I've also tried taking one or two hits every weekday in the AM just to buzz me through the day, help me get stuff done, and eat less. But, I stay productive, and otherwise I am able to be exactly who I want to be. And, I've also gone months without it, with no problem. But I do enjoy it, so I'll pick it up again, when I want to. I also consistently maintain a healthy diet, exercise and sleeping regimen.

The stories I've always read about Meth are that it will take everything from you. You won't be able to control it, it will own you. You will lose everything from your teeth, to your family, your friends and your job.

This is not my experience in the 5 or so months I've used. Is the Meth "Demon of Destruction" waiting around the corner for me, or are there stories out there that are positive like mine? I'd really like to hear other positive stories, if there are any.

What's your positive story? What thoughts do you have about mine?

(There is no need for encouragement to stop, as I know that's a viable option. There's no need for health related objections, as I understand the health risks.)

Thanks so much! :)

Last edited:
I think all of us in the beginning of our addictions found it to be a wonder drug that allowed us to function at 200% capacity, and that there were only positives for the most part. This is the honeymoon phase.

You already started using it as a tool to get your day's tasks accomplished, which can very easily lead to needing it to get through your day, not just using it overclock your performance.

This is often how it begins, my friend.

I don't think you're at the point to claim that meth has not messed your life up.

Sure there are people who managed meth with no permanent troubles.. but it doesn't happen too often.

I'm not encouraging you to stop entirely, but I DO encourage to stop taking little hits on weekdays! I don't believe theres even a slight chance that you can do that without developing tolerance and damaging health.

Most importantly, 5 months really is nothing. Sure, most people get hooked sooner than that but that doesn't mean you won't fall into it in the next 12 months.
Generally the stronger person (willpower, hobbies, great relationships,...) one is, the longer it takes until a drug takes over him. Sadly I don't think that's an advantage, more like the opposite. Because the faster you become addicted, the more obvious it is to everybody and in the end you waste less of your life.

My advice is - don't make conclusions about a drug before 2 years of taking. If you're still doing great by that point, it will likely stay like that.

As others have said, no addiction starts out with you being completely miserable and losing you're money, family, and dignity. It sneaks up on you, seemingly innocuous at first and then a few years later, you're royally fucked. Don't kid yourself, amphetamines have brought stronger and smarter men/women than you to their knees.

I do think there are people who can use addictive drugs without becoming addicted, but I really think those people are few and far between, and that a fairly large percentage of them walk the broken road of addiction for a while before they learn to respect the substances.

Be careful.

Thanks for the replies so far!
I want to add, I certainly hope I didn't come across as some sort of egotistical dude who is "above" the drug, believing it can't, or won't ever get me. I know there are two choices... either it will or it won't. And I'm not above that. I can fall into a downward spiral, just like anyone. I've spiraled a bit on a short binge a time or two as well - by choice. And then I choose to stop. There is a good chance one day I'll make a different choice - one to continue down the spiral. I get that.

What I'm really interested in are positive stories. I'm interested in the story about the person who used off and on for multiple years or more and was able to keep it together and (outside of health risks) generally use the drug, instead of the drug using him/her. We all know well the negative stories. I'm looking for positive ones. IF they exist. Maybe they don't... and that in itself is very telling.

Again... thank you all for your contribution. It helps me keep this all very real, and in perspective.

Maybe try asking yourself why do you want to hear the positive stories? That itself can (but not necesarrily) can be a sign of the drug telling you to overlook the negative ones.
"Theres 10 people who failed to handle it but they were different from me - on the other hand there is this guy who made it - and I'm just like him so it will work out!"

I can't directly help you with your question though, simply because I know only a handful people (including me) who tried meth. Most of them are doing good but that's because they only tried it literally few times in their lifetimes.

I've been a recreational user for several years now, I don't use more than a couple times a month if that. I definitely wouldn't allow meth to mess up my life, of all the drugs to lose control to, this would not be my first pick.

I use it purely for hedonistic reasons, mostly to have some dirty sex for hours on end with my lady, but I also use it sometimes at raves, clubs, etc.
Whenever I need to get my dirty dancing on :p

As others have said, 5 months isn't really that long of a time for you to have been using, and the majority of drug users are doing pretty good at that point. Don't trick yourself into thinking that the road ahead will be the same as these last 5 months. I would never consider daily abuse of a drug to not be a problem. Here is some related reading:

Any successful occasional meth/heroin users?
Are you a successful drug user?

I think that the second thread may be more relevant to you since your use is definitely considered more than occasional.

Yes we are all very happy that you can control your meth addiction and are one of the chosen ones, and that you get to preach how meth has improved your life.

Come back in 6 years and give us an update.

This is maybe a bit off-topic but I'm so curious I just have to ask.

Is meth really viewed that badly among drug users in the US? Do people get hooked on it so easy? We don't have much meth here in Europe, we have speed (d-amp) and it's very popular. In my country it's the second most used drug after cannabis. Of all recreational drug users, I'd say 60-70% use it. I did it every weekend in the early 2000's for 4 years and stopped because of problems with my mental health (mostly due to MDMA). I was in the "rave scene" then and 90% of all who did drugs at electronic music parties did it. It's kind of the standard drug you start your evening with when you go out partying.

Of all the people that I know from that period, only a couple got addicted. The rest have just left it. Now I know speed is not as strong as meth, I've used meth a couple of times (but regretted it because of the comedown). Still, meth didn't feel that different from speed, it just had a longer duration and much harsher comedown than with speed. I never experienced it as especially more euphoric either. Nor more addictive. In fact the opposite. Sometimes when I thought I got speed and got meth instead my reaction was mostly "oh fuck, it's 6 hours since my last line and this stuff is still kicking strong as hell". I always used speed insufflated.

One obvious difference is you can smoke meth, which you can't with speed. So the only way to get a really powerful rush with speed is to IV it.

I don't use either anymore but am just interested. I have no doubts we would have more addicts here if we had more meth, but I don't really know why. It just seems to be so much more addictive.

Yes, in the US everyone talks about meth like it's "crystal death!" It probably has more stigma associated with it than all other drugs combined.

and trust me, good crystal meth is not comparable to shitty old speed, or even d-amp.

If you keep your use very responsible, what I mean by that is once in awhile on the weekends. Then you can stay good. But addiction is a progressive disease. Often times in the beginning you might feel as if you have complete control. Dont worry just give it some time and it will get you. Maybe you can maintain like this for a year or two years. But then at the end of that second year things can change. You never really know. But to answer your question there are people out there who have used drugs responsibly and maybe not suffered the ill consequences that many of us have. However there is always that chance that one day they will.

Yes there is such thing as responsible drug use. Although your able to control it now, that does't guarantee you will be able to in the future is my general message. Even if you have everything there's always the chance you can loose it all just like countless people have before you, you'll be saying "I thought I was different".

For real though I do agree that there are people out there that can control there drug use and drinking and not become emerged in it. But the second you start thinking "oh this hasn't done anything bad to my life" -is the second that you need to take a step back. Have respect for methamphetamine for what it is, a very powerful euphoric stimulant. Dont ever forget that. If you do respect it and remember that it can fuck your world up then you can be fine.

In my opinion being responsible would consist of rarely using more then once or twice a month. Once you start crossing that line and getting this confidence saying oh it wont mess me up i'm invincible, that's when your going to fuck up. So basically the way your thinking now is a sign that you might want to take a break.

The reason meth is viewed badly in the US is because the people that are hooked on it are REALLY hooked on it. They spend everything they got tweeking. But then there's people that just dont have addictive personalities and can go from one drug to the other just using it recreationaly and move on. So you could almost say that tweekers give meth the bad name..It can be very beneficial for staying awake and all that jazz when used sparingly but once it's used to much it's going to cause damage.

Last edited:
I would recommend posting this in your blog.

There is no place for it in OD, please read the guidelines.

CLosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.