• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol with Suboxone ?

benzo bars

Bluelighter
So I am on 4mg of Suboxone a day although I'm supposed to take 8mg twice a day. I have the worse headaches and I still have a lot of anxiety. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to ask my doctor to put me on tramadol. I have tried it only twice, and I'm confused on whether it's a opiod or not. I'm also concerned if my Suboxone will block it assuming that Tramadol is an opioid.
Help is appreciated

Tramadol is an opiod with the qualities of an SSRI. I'm thinkin' it'd probably be blocked but I can't say for sure. It's kind of a strange drug. If you're struggling with anxiety a benzo might be better. As far as the headaches, there are lot's of non opiate pain relievers. i dunno though. might wanna ask your doctor. heh.

Many Suboxone doctors write out scripts for Tramadol for your exact situation. I am actually going through the SAME situation as you! I am in the midst of attempting to convince my doctor to let me give Tramadol a try..I KNOW it helps with my depression and anxiety! He, sadly, justs wants to try upping my dose BEFORE we try Tramadol. I would honestly and openly just ASK your doctor about Tramadol. Many people on Suboxone get Tramadol, for the exact reasons you were questioning about. I wish you luck! :)

my suboxone doctor was actually the doctor who started me on tramadol while on subs.. now i get them from my family doctor.. it's worth a shot. And no it doesn't block it.