• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Quick answer on Hydrocodone Testing-much appreciated or anyone's experience w foreign

TheLegend

Greenlighter
Hi, first post here. Awesome site and contributors, I've gotten a lot of help lurking the last year. But now I have a question I haven't been able to find. Basically I'm looking for a preferably cheap test that can be found on Amazon. I'm a Prime member there so I basically can get packages overnighted for 3.99, which would be nice to get one by Saturday. Or another site with cheap fast shipping would work too. I'm trying to test some Watson 853 Norco's I've received. After some research I'm a little confused. Amazon has both Marquis and Mecke tests. Technically from what I've read both test for Opiate alkaloids and hydrocodone I guess is a synthetic Opioid which is not the same. Basically if you search for Nik Drug tests on Amazon those are the reactant tests they have. They all seem to strictly only detect Opiate Alkaloids as that's what it shows on the box but the descriptions are vague. They also have a Urine test for oxycodone which I also would consider but it doesn't name hydrocodone as one of the drugs it tests for.

But basically, and maybe some one could give their two cents on this too if they've had a similar experience, we've had a friend of a friend whose been hooking us up for a little over a year. The whole situation has been bugging me for a while now and I've searched up and down the internet for other's experiences with either fake or foreign Norco's but none were too descriptive. At first they definitely seemed legit. He had a script, everything. But the dude was a little sketch, his stories were always a little off and he always seemed nervous. For example he would get a batch every other week from two different sources, one directly from his doctor and one that was shipped. That made no sense to me and I always asked why he couldn't just go to CVS but his answers never made sense. Also every batch we got from him were different. Sometimes we would get powdery one's, sometimes the one's with V's, sometimes neon yellow, sometimes pearly yellow with coating. I just found it odd that Watson wouldn't just make standard ones. But for about a year, only two of the batches seemed fake to me (I've definitely had fakes ones before, given to me by someone else and pretty much all my friends confirmed it), one of my friends whose big on oxy didn't think so but his tolerance is so high that I don't even think he feels them in general and another friend was kind of iffy. The thing is and it seems others on the internet have the same experience, they basically will subside a withdrawal but don't give you a good buzz. So the other times I thought they were fake it was hard to tell if it was just caused by a high tolerance because a week earlier I had been taking the real thing. But now I haven't taken the real deal in about 3 months, so now the problem is I'm not entirely familiar with what the real deal feels like, I have a sense but it's not like I took it yesterday. The other thing is these things look the exact same as the photos you see online. They also give you similar symptoms but like I said they just feel off and definitely definitely not as strong. They kind of give you the itch but it's almost because it gives you a weird tingling sensation but not the one the real things give you. Kind of this needle prick sensation. And it doesn't hit you hard but just a small relaxation feeling. It also gives me tinnitus, the real one's somewhat did but not as bad. It kind of gives you cotton mouth but I can't remember if the real one's did too. Overall it just doesn't give that great of a euphoric buzz. And the reason why I love taking Hydro's the most is it to me is like the ultimate energy drink, these kind of give you energy but it's like a energy without as much as excitement. The weird thing is a friend gave one to his wife who never takes them and supposedly she was out, not sleeping but just that good buzz you get the first couple of days you take them. So I don't know. To me it just seems like for whatever reason they've put together individual chemicals that would give the same symptoms as a real one but left out that main ingredient. I've wondered if it's to avoid drug trafficking laws if they're caught in the mail or if they're seriously that cheap in India. And what I've come to learn is definitely the tell tale sign of whether or not they're fake is the following few days after taking them, if I apply any pressure to say my arm for a minute or two it will leave a red mark. I know this is not uncommon, back in the day you could tell who was sleeping in class, but it never happens to me until I take this crap. It's just so weird. If it were just me taking them I'd be done, toss them and tell the dude they were fake but from everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem. So I don't know, before I thought you had to send them to a lab to get tested but luckily I found out about ez-test ect. and will just have to go that route.

Last edited:
Marquis and Mecke will test for opiates. If you go to DANCESAFE you can order testing reagents right there (marquis, mecke, etc) or even a kit which is both the Marquis and Mecke together at a price. That website (as well as others if you do a bit of googling) will show you what the reaction is supposed to look like if it is positive for opiates (are opiates green on the one? am i wrong on that and thats dex?), so whatever the color is supposed to be will tell you if its opiates.

As for fake norcos, yes very possible. I've heard that theyre one of the most counterfeited drugs, made primarily in Asia (india/china) because the west has such a huge demand for them, theyre harder to tell whether its fake (its hard to "lick" or do any subjective test to a norco to see if it contains hydrocodone as alls youre gonna taste is Tylenol), and less of a charge i believe associated with prescriptions containing APAP (which is why they're Scheduled differently).

As for your reasoning, he could be sketchy because hes a drug dealer importing massive amounts of vicodin? Also drug dealers get different kinds of vicodin, and aren't always up front about having a script (like, maybe he says he does so that you're not as worried about where the fuck hes getting hundreds of vikes from). Or maybe youre right and hes sketch b/c hes worried about selling fakes, although I'll tell you this much: if i was selling hundreds of fake vikes every month and not once ever had someone given me a problem, i DEFINITELY would be not acting sketchy; I'd be acting normal as shit because that is normal business to someone in the business of selling fake pills

Although going with your gut usually serves people well, so you could be totally right about him. I'd buy a test kit if youre this concerned.

Maybe they contain an opiate even weaker than hydrocodone, like codeine or dihydrocodeine?