• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine (Adderall) and Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mybrainondrugs

Greenlighter
I am prescribed 10mg Ritalin twice a day. it makes me feel really tweeked and rarely takes it. his friend gave him some of his 20mg Adderall IR to try. I took the Adderall but he didn't feel anything from it, so the next day he ate 3 tums and waited 30-45min and took 40mg Adderall IR (twice the regular dose) and still doesn't feel anything. no euphoria, no tweeked feeling, no focused feeling... nothing.

any explanation? could amphetamines just not work for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ritalin is so much stronger then Adderal. I compare Ritalin to Adderal like Morphine to Hydrocodone. Also, I think Adderal is one of the less intense stimulants, especially 20mg. I barely feel my 30mg. Have him try to take a 70mg Vyvanse and see how he feels lol.

that definitely helps hah. for some reason I always thought Adderall was stronger. I'll tell him to try that sometime.

My daughter is prescribed 5mg of ritalin and I am a full time student I work full time and I have two kids (the one that is prescribed the ritalin is a handful) I don't nessecarily even want to put her on it I think she is to young but I already have the script I am too tired to do anything when I get home if I take it will it give me energy how much would I have to take for it to work (swallowing it btw) Someone help me out I don't want to over or under do it 8)

I wouldn't take it EVER past 1pm in the afternoon unless you want to not sleep at all tonight. I feel bad for kids that are prescribed to that, I remember being a kid and being thrown around on all sorts of different medications. Always a bad side effect would cause me to try a new one. Eventually I got settled on Vyvanse. Ritalin is ridiculous and I would never put my kid on it if I had one.

Well my daughter has been through trauma with my ex husband who had me and my entire family fooled. Just lost a sexual abuse case against him yesterday...... So now she has to go back there and I am pretty sick over. She does have a lot of behavior problems I have tried everything but meds she is counseling and about 5 other activities I am trying to keep her busy so she doesn't miss her dad but it looks like she is going back. Any way I have so much to do and I don't have to work tomorrow and the kids are at my moms so I took 10 mg about a half hour ago and I feel nothing...... any suggestions?

The adderall vs ritalin argument is pretty subjective. I find adderall and dexedrine to be superior to ritalin, but it's obvious that other people feel differently.

I don't know the common doses for ritalin so I can't help in that department. I find 40mg of adderall to be very effective though, so I don't know why it didn't seem to work for the OP.

Funny I have never blogged before I like it..... I never understood what all the rage was about........ You can talk to people and they cant judge you and nobody knows me so I can tell you all my problems... Nice free therapy lol

I good forum on this site for "free therapy" is The Dark Side. Here is the description for that forum; "Support, links and general advice about psychological and emotional problems resulting from drug use/abuse, mental health, and other every day issues."

The adderall was probably bunk. What does "his pet cat" mean? His dealer? Sorry, I've never heard this term before. Anyway, if the stuff wasn't bunk, he should have felt something unless he is really big and has a huge tolerance to related substances like MDMA. Ritalin and Adderall are both stimulants, but I don't think it's fair to say one is "stronger" than the other. It's about the dosage compared to the recommended dosage. Pharmacologically, Ritalin is close to cocaine and amphetamine is close to meth. Some people have a hard time metabolizing some pharms (codeine for example), but I've not heard of this happening with amphetamines. Whatever you do, don't let your friend walk around thinking he's immune or super-tolerant to amphetamines, because this could lead to a rather careless ingestion of a large amount, which might cause anxiety, among other bad effects.

I cant reply on any other places it tells me to read guide lines first I do and then what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, just some friendly advice: I wouldn't be taking stimulants at this time of night, especially if you're going through familial problems. It could lead to lack of sleep and you could get strung out. There's nothing wrong with taking them during the day to boost your productivity, but if you're already under stress, night-time stimulants are probably the last thing you need.

well the problem is I never have free time to clean my house maybe I have a small case of depression so I pretty much just lay on my couch until there is something I have to do.... on the plus side this past week I have felt so much better maybe because the weather is changing or maybe because I just finished a quarter at school or maybe because I finally faced the fact that I have done all I can to protect my daughter and now it is out of my hands but I keep looking around at my kitchen and it is driving me crazy but I can't bring my self to just get up and do it Idk what my deal is

Ritalin is so much stronger then Adderal. I compare Ritalin to Adderal like Morphine to Hydrocodone. Also, I think Adderal is one of the less intense stimulants, especially 20mg. I barely feel my 30mg. Have him try to take a 70mg Vyvanse and see how he feels lol.
I disagree about ritalin being stronger. If anything it's more like caffeine IMO.
&
Hydrocodone is stronger than morphine, at least 150% stronger. Why do you think they come in pills only up to 10mg? mg for mg, hydrocodone is stronger.

I disagree about ritalin being stronger. If anything it's more like caffeine IMO.
&
Hydrocodone is stronger than morphine, at least 150% stronger. Why do you think they come in pills only up to 10mg? mg for mg, hydrocodone is stronger.

10 mg of hydrocodone = 10 mg morphine = 2.5 mg hydromorphone = 6.66 mg oxycodone = 3.33 mg oxymorphone = 100 mg meperidine (aka pethidine) = 66.6 mg codeine.

I've taken 20mg,30mg,40mg adderall and only 40mg affected me. Never took ritalin.

I believe my body chemistry just makes me resistant to the drug. Could be genes, diet, exercise, who knows.

Disclaimer: For about 3 weeks prior to taking the adderall i took about 800mg caffeine powder a day. Before that i was only taking maybe 300mg from coffee a day. I don't think i formed enough of a cross tolerance with adderall to affect the dosage strengths, since i didn't go through withdrawal when i stopped the caffeine. I figure it would only create cross tolerance if it also created withdrawal.

@lightweight
I agree with soulspark you shouldn't take stims at night.

I'm sure if you tell your doctor your situation (full student, full job, AND two kids oh my gosh) and tell him (or her) you're depressed he'll give you something. You could probably get him to prescribe a stimulant (like adderall) for depression. Just talk it over with your doctor. He's dealt with people in your situation before (unlike people on drug forums) and knows what's best.

It's possible 10mg won't affect you but a higher dose will. Though i suggest not taking anymore before you talk to your doctor.

Last edited:
10 mg of hydrocodone = 10 mg morphine = 2.5 mg hydromorphone = 6.66 mg oxycodone = 3.33 mg oxymorphone = 100 mg meperidine (aka pethidine) = 66.6 mg codeine.

you're right, brain fart. I was thinking of oxycodone. However when I take it orally, mg for mg hydrocodone produces more effects than morphine due to morphine's terrible oral BA and it's very high first pass metabolism.

I'm going to close this thread. As Tommyboy mentioned, the comparison between these two drugs is pretty subjective. We don't really want to encourage such threads anyway as there is little to no harm reduction value in them.

Also, please don't use things like "my friend" and "my pet cat". We all know its you and we don't condone giving drugs to animals here on Bluelight - nor do we allow the discussion regarding giving drugs to animals.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.