• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos can I take 2 x 15mg seroquel no problem?

Um, I don't think the title explains it all. And Seroquel is not a benzo.

Do you want to give us any background information?

To my knowledge, Seroquel is an antipsychotic. In the past I have taken, if I can recall correctly, 10 mg and ended up passing out in a reclining chair for 14 hours straight and then waking up and eating anything in sight. It had an extremely lethargic feel to it.

Ah thx guys anyway it was because I took some cocaine (4 lines) yesterday I took 1 to sleep but I should have take 2 because I couldnt really sleep profound

i don't think they even make 15mg seroquel do you mean 150mg cause doing two of those will fuck you up and not in a good way at all and could even kill you

yes, this is one of the newer atypical antipsychotics, if memory serves, which it usually does. this shit will put you to sleep, help ease some anxiety (for some) and generally zombify you. in my case it makes me psychotic, a paradoxical effect, but apparently I'm not alone. most people don't use it recreationally, but I know one or two that do enjoy it with booze. 50mg should be enough to put you to bed, but in my case i would need a minimum of 150mg, or at least when I was having bad insomnia issues that is how much I needed.

i don't think they even make 15mg seroquel do you mean 150mg cause doing two of those will fuck you up and not in a good way at all and could even kill you
Actually 150mg isn't a harmful dose. People who are schizophrenic or bipolar often are prescribed up to 800mg of Seroquel daily.

Seroquel is an atypical anti-psychotic, and it has the risk of some nasty side-effects, such as extra pyramidal symptoms such as akinesia (inability to initiate movement) and akathisia (inability to remain motionless). (Extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS) are various movement disorders such as acute dystonic reactions, pseudoparkinsonism, or akathisia suffered as a result of taking dopamine antagonists, usually antipsychotic (neuroleptic) drugs, which are often used to control psychosis.).

You can also develop Tardive Dyskinesia, which are involuntary facial or body twitches that occur continuously. There are treatments for these side-effects but in a certain percentage of people taking anti psychotic medications, TD is permanent.

But, if you're seriously only taking ~15 mg (perhaps by splitting a 25mg pill in half? or the OP is confused about the dosage, and it was a 25mg pill), there is a pretty low risk for EPS or TD symptoms. Most people report heavy sedation.

At low doses (<25mg), it basically acts the same as Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) or Sominex (Doxylamine), by hitting your histamine receptors and making you very drowsy.

TD is not an acute adverse reaction to neuroleptics. It is a long term adverse effect. A dystonic reaction which can occur acutely, but generally only with very high doses or very potent anti psychotics like haloperidol or pimozide. Ditto for EPS and akathisia. Akathisia is not in of it self dangerous. It is unpleasant however. It is typically treated with anticholinergic drugs. Diphenhydramine is a fairly strong anticholinergic and readily available.

Another serious long term effect of atypical APs is diabetes and other endrocrine disorders, and weight gain. But this is also long term and dosage dependent.

Seroquel is not a significant dopamine antagonist with doses below 200m.g. making it very unlikely to cause dystonia at dosages below that.

At the dosages you are speaking of OP, besides the histaminergic blockade noted above, it is also a strong anticholinergic and andergenic antagonist. Which can lead to dizziness and orthostatic hypotension.

If you are on other anticholinergic or andergenic antagonists, like many older anti-depressants are, you may wish to exercise extra caution and abstain from taking it.

If not that is not the case, realistically, you will in all probability be just fine, albeit sedated and hungry.

By the way, it is chemically related to benzodiazapines, it is a dibenzodiazepine. But it shares no pharmacological similarity to benzodiazapines.

Yeah I know 150 mg seroquel too but I got 20 really small 15mg right now... 1x15mg isnt enough it doenst zombify me enough I cant sleep really well on this I wake up every few hours loll next time ill take at least 2 thx guys

that stuff is fucking gorrible man, I took 100mg a few days ago by accident ( my friend said it was an opiate -dumbass) and i was a zombie for a day and a half

Jeez. You're the dumbass for taking an unidentified pill that you suspected was "Opiate". Just saying, in the very unlikely event, what if it had been a Fentora 8? You'd be 6 feet deep. Don't take pills without first identifying them. It's so easy just google it.

And yeah seroquel is hardcore KO. 100mg too.... jeez

well id tell u that after a hard night on cocaine you take a 150mg and you sleep for like 10 hours :) Thats wazzup otherwise I wouldnt take these but its really nice the next day after cocaine use you feel calm and relax ... I know its not really good as a benzo but anyway its still good for stimulants comedown if its the only thing I can get :p

15 mg really isn't a lot....I recently had it prescribed to me as a mood stabilizer (I have borderline personality disorder), and my dose is currently 25 to 100 mg - my pdoc is giving me some time to see how different doses affect me. It really has no recreational value, IMO. I've found 25-50 mg is good to calm me down, although it does tend to leave you quite zombified for a while. It takes 75 or 100 mg to knock me out when I'm having terrible insomnia (which is most nights, really). Schizophrenics are often prescribed as much as 800 or 900 mg a day, so really, it's hard to hit a dangerous dose of this. That doesn't mean a dose that high is recommended, mind you....I can't even imagine how that much Seroquel would affect you.

For the record, Schizophrenics taking 800mg of seroquel a day have been titrated to this dose.

You're correct. Seroquel is packaged as 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, and 400 mg tablets.

I've been prescribed seroquel on and off for years. They used to make a 12mg dose, but only 25 and up now. Happily for my copayments it's finally going generic :) It is the best for my insomnia. I've been prescribed so very many drugs to try and tackle this problem. I have a sleep disorder that prevents me from true deep sleep. i've tried everything: trazadone, zolpidem, multiple types of muscle relaxers, temazepam, lunesta (total crap), xanax, ativan, trileptal (which was kind of nice and floaty, but made my lips and tongue numb), and others i don't even remember the names of. So i've recently made a return to seroquel as it works the best. When it kicks in I feel altered, but it's not in a fun feeling good way. Mostly just tired. Because I have to work early in the morning I take only 25 and it gives me solid sleep for 4-6 hrs. I've been prescribed as much as the 300 ext release, but then I'm no good at ANYTHING for a full day after waking up from a 16 hr sleep. Even though the 25 only gives me 4-6 hrs solid sleep, I still have to lay in bed for hours only half asleep. Even then it's amazingly difficult to get out of bed, but once I force myself (because i have 10 mins to leave for work) the fogginess fades pretty quickly. Before I finally get up I still feel like I could lay there for hours more. Point: it's not something I'd take recreationally

^ I am so happy it's going generic very soon, because that shit is expensive. And I've had a similar experience - none of the sedative hypnotics I've tried (zolpidem, zopiclone, eszopiclone) really knock me out, and my psychiatrist won't prescribe me benzos because of my history of drug abuse. Seroquel works really well, but it is hard as fuck to get up in the morning. And I need to take at least 50 mg - 25 mg will put me to sleep, but I'll wake up multiple times a night and end up more tired than if I had not slept at all.

@Missykins - You're totally right, you really shouldn't take such a high dose right off the bat, I shouldn't have suggested that. The first week I got the prescription, I decided to take 200 mg (god knows why, I'm just an idiot sometimes) and I slept for like 12 hours and was super foggy for the rest of the following day. Sleeping was awesome, but being a semi-functional human being the next day was god-awful.