• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Orgasm and IV hydromorphone

scottd420

Bluelighter
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to what I'm about to explain about what happened to me.

Okay, so I understand during orgasm that there is a large or should I say massive release of dopamine in the brain, however I did not think that it would interfere with a drugs effects shortly thereafter.

Just a few minutes ago I prepped a shot of hydromorphone for IV, 7.5mg to be exact (which is my usual dose to give me a medium rush/pain relief.). So, after I made the solution up I layed it down on my bed when I came across photos of a hot girl I used to date in a bikini (so sexy sheiiiit haha), so I decided to jerk off to these photos which I had never seen before. I already took a shot about 2 hours previous--which is usually enough time for my body to metabolize enough hydromorph for me to feel a rush again since I hadn't shot for about 5 hours before that (Plenty of time to clear my system on a usual day. I hadn't eaten or drank anything that would effect drug metabolism today.). So, after I reached climax I went and washed my hands, wiped my hands with alcohol, then the injection site with a new alcohol pad etc... So, about 1 to 2 minutes post-ejaculation I then decided it would be a good idea to follow up the intense orgasm with the nice shot of Dilaudid I had sitting on my bed. I got it in the cephalic vein and pushed away anticipating another nice rush of pleasure; however, I waited, and waited some more thinking more was to come. But, the rush was VERY, very weak--almost not even noticeable. As I mentioned before, the only thing I had done differently from my usual shots is jerk off beforehand, so I know it had to be the orgasm that diminished my rush. So, I am wondering if this simply has to do with the flood of dopamine my body had just released and if this is common reaction. I felt high after, so I know the prep was done correctly, but the rush just wasn't there.

Has anyone else out there had an experience similar to this one? Hahaha, or am I the only one who shoots opiates after they jerk off? (jokes) But seriously, usually I don't have that much sex drive if I've shot two hours before anyway, but today I guess I was just turned on a lot...I don't know. I just found this funny--not in a laughing sense--and didn't really think about the bio-chemistry beforehand. I figured the binding to the opiate receptors would give a flood of DA in a different part of the brain, but apparently I was wrong. Nucleus accumbens it is? Please, fill me in everyone!!! Opinions and experiences are both welcome. I'm curious!

You've pretty much answered ur own question lol xP.

Orgasm DOES release large amounts of dopamine and such. As do (most) drugs and seeing as the 'rush' is caused primarily by the brain being flooded but sense the baseline is already raised, yah lol.

I've honestly been curious about this, like if I shot up while orgasming but now I don't have too. So thank you. :)

Hope this helps somehow but ya basically I agree with ur theory on how/why it occoured (or didn't in this case)

Were you looking at my Facebook photos again?? ;)

It could very well be that the rush was diminished by the orgasm, but I also wouldn't completely discount the fact that you'd injected just 2 hrs earlier - that is not usually enough time for me to get a full rush upon redoing (and I've found that even if it has been in the past does not guarantee it always will be).

If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free to do so. I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone that posted. Also, I hope it didn't seem self-serving, your information is appreciated.

Unrelated but I'm new to this ... I get a script hydrmorphone every months ... I tried banging it for the first time last night and nothing ... I'm mixing up 4mg of this stuff with 30 units of water and nothing ... What am I doing wrong?? I don't want to waste anymore !

If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free to do so. I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone that posted. Also, I hope it didn't seem self-serving, your information is appreciated.

Hey Scott, I think that the the problem here was that you expected too much from hydromorphone. How strong was your second shot? If it was just 7.5mg hydromorphone again then I would be quick to assume that tolerance plays a major factor here. We all love that dilaudid rush but, in my experience seeking analgesia and pleasure at the same time (sometimes post/pre/during sex, but most of the time sex was not involved) I had to almost double my dose if I wanted to get that initial rush. If I may say so, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be shooting right after you shoot one off, haha I just don't think that's a good idea flooding your brain with all these pleasure chemicals. It's really testing limits, wouldn't you agree? I think you expected too much from shooting the same dose with 2 hours apart. HM is the crack of Opioids.

Were you looking at my Facebook photos again?? ;)

Hahaha, <3SD<3

Unrelated but I'm new to this ... I get a script hydrmorphone every months ... I tried banging it for the first time last night and nothing ... I'm mixing up 4mg of this stuff with 30 units of water and nothing ... What am I doing wrong?? I don't want to waste anymore !

Possible that you skin popped your shot and missed a vein altogether, especially with only 30 units and you not being used to IV. 4mg IV is something that even I can feel, even now, and it would bring me to my knees when I first started out.

OP, I had never thought of it as I didnt think opiates worked on dopamine receptors. ???

Hahaha, <3SD<3

LOL :D

Possible that you skin popped your shot and missed a vein altogether, especially with only 30 units and you not being used to IV. 4mg IV is something that even I can feel, even now, and it would bring me to my knees when I first started out.

OP, I had never thought of it as I didnt think opiates worked on dopamine receptors. ???
How would the quantity of water being small affect the likelihood of missing a vein?

The way opioids affect dopamine is believed to be by attaching to the mu receptors and reducing the amount of GABA released. Normally, GABA reduces the amount of dopamine released, so by inhibiting this inhibitor, opioids increase the amount of dopamine. The connection with sex is due to more than just dopamine though. Sex/orgasm increases the levels of the body's own natural opioids, endorphins. And opioids also affect the serotonin system, although we aren't really sure how yet.

It can go the other way around as well, in that using opioids can make it more difficult to get sexually aroused and to orgasm.

But generally the endorphin/dopamine rush from sex doesn't last that long, so that's why I am inclined to think at least part of the problem in this case is due to tachyphylaxis (when a drug doesn't provide the same effects because of dosing with not enough time in between).

However, it was truly only a minute after orgasm and the problem was just that the "rush" wasn't as noticeable but the "high" was the same, that could be due to the already high levels of happy chemicals in the brain, since I believe the "rush" is caused by going from baseline to "high" in 7 seconds - if you were already way above baseline then there wouldn't be as much of a rush, correct?

LOL :D
However, it was truly only a minute after orgasm and the problem was just that the "rush" wasn't as noticeable but the "high" was the same, that could be due to the already high levels of happy chemicals in the brain, since I believe the "rush" is caused by going from baseline to "high" in 7 seconds - if you were already way above baseline then there wouldn't be as much of a rush, correct?

Nailed it.

How would the quantity of water being small affect the likelihood of missing a vein?

It wouldnt, but missing with 20 units is less obvious than missing with 90. 20 units would barely create a bump whereas 90 would most definitely be noticeable.