• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids HELP, OXY WITHDRAWAL- I Know You Guys Probably Get This Question All The Time But...

crasspaddy82

Bluelighter
I'm addicted now to oxys. Not too deep in but I started using them for two reasons, one, they help TREMENDOUSLY with my undiagnosed stomach condition (not going into it, too much to type, but they can't figure it out and I've had three surgeries!) and since I can't drink, it also helps me have something to get fucked up with. Anyway, I started a new job that is very stressful and demanding and these things are getting more and more expensive, also, the guy I get them from says he isn't sure he'll be able to get them anymore, so I have to stop. This really fucking sucks, I only do a 30 mg a day but recently uped it to like a pill and a half, felt my tolerance go up a bit. My question is, since I can't just call out of work, how bad do you think the withdrawal will be and would I be able to withstand it while working? I plan on taking A LOT of vitamins, imodium, etc. and I've been doing these every day for the last six, seven months. Since I uped it to a pill and a half, if I do just a pill I notice I don't feel quite right, I didn't think withdrawal would set in that quick. It isn't a lot if I only do one without the other half but even if I skip a day I don't feel quite right. Please help!!

if your dealer isn't going to be getting them anymore just wait until that time comes and then you have no choice but to cold turkey it and suck it up, get through it, and move on.. cold turkey and suck it up is always my recommendation for coming off opiates, that was the only way i could ever do it. 3 days of hell, within a week you'll be in the clear.
Good luck!
%)

I've heard from a couple people that my habit is not big enough to go through really bad withdrawal, is that true?

No, i don't think it is true. It will be bad enough but i guess everyone is different. You may be able to handle it but i know i cant. I can only take so much then i cave. And maybe it wont be as bad as someone who has been on more for longer but like i said i think its bad enough from my own experience anyway.

Great, well there goes my job. You know, I wonder how many people there are out there who got hooked on this stuff because of a health problem doctors can't fix.

I hope not but i know how it is.

Me, but it was a problem that could be fixed i just couldn't afford it and did not have insurance. Finally a month ago, after dealing with it for 2 years, i was able to afford what i needed done but now im hooked :/

Great, well there goes my job. You know, I wonder how many people there are out there who got hooked on this stuff because of a health problem doctors can't fix.

I will tell you right now from 30-45 mg oxy use a day you can and WILL be able to work through your withdrawals. In fact, I bet you don't even loose a nights sleep.. thats not to say you might sleep like shit.. maybe only get an hour the 1st night.. but thats a low dose. By day 6 you will be feeling so damn good and in 2 weeks youll be 100%. Get out now and youll feel like a new man.

I wish I was in your position. Dont even think about buprenorphine or methadone, your dose is low enough that you can easily detox.

This is what you do.. Take your last oxy dose on a Friday morning, so you can get through work nicely.. By Saturday night your withdrawals shoudl peak and mon adn tues might be a little rough but bro.. you can do it dont let anyone tell you you can't.

I have seen people wwork through methadone wtihdrawals before. The amount your taking will not have you barfing or anything.

No, i don't think it is true. It will be bad enough but i guess everyone is different. You may be able to handle it but i know i cant. I can only take so much then i cave. And maybe it wont be as bad as someone who has been on more for longer but like i said i think its bad enough from my own experience anyway.

Don't listen to this jerk.. for real. You can and will be able to do it. Thats a really asshole thing to say "it will be bad...you may be able to handle it but i know I can't" The dude gave absolutely no details about his withdrawal how much he takes etc.. he's just being a jerk and trying to rain on your parade and scare you. You;;ll notice in life, there are just some people who dont want you to get clean. Misery loves company.

You can easily do this bro. REALISTICALLY. Ask anyone who has a serious habit here.

When I first was addicted to oxy I detoxed from 120mg daily I had like 3 days of what I thoguth was hell then by day 7 I was fuckinn hiking and shit yo. 30-45 you WILL DEFINITELY feel it, you will have diahreah, and maybe you will feel a bit cold when the AC is on or a bit cold sweaty but you def can do this.. You will have minor withdrawal symptoms. So if you want, look up oxy withdrawal, and yours will not even be moderate, just minor.

Also, juzcurious SHOOTS his oxycodone.

Last edited:
I would suggest you taper, withdrawals however small are not nice!

I would suggest you taper, withdrawals however small are not nice!

That is a great suggestion! If you have access to more oxy I would def taper. This can be tough with a full agonist b/c you wanna get high.. but get it in your head that its time to quit.. taper downt o like 1/4 of a roxy a day (5mg) and you'lll have a painless withdrawwl

I will tell you right now from 30-45 mg oxy use a day you can and WILL be able to work through your withdrawals. In fact, I bet you don't even loose a nights sleep.. thats not to say you might sleep like shit.. maybe only get an hour the 1st night.. but thats a low dose. By day 6 you will be feeling so damn good and in 2 weeks youll be 100%. Get out now and youll feel like a new man.

I wish I was in your position. Dont even think about buprenorphine or methadone, your dose is low enough that you can easily detox.

This is what you do.. Take your last oxy dose on a Friday morning, so you can get through work nicely.. By Saturday night your withdrawals shoudl peak and mon adn tues might be a little rough but bro.. you can do it dont let anyone tell you you can't.

I have seen people wwork through methadone wtihdrawals before. The amount your taking will not have you barfing or anything.

Don't listen to this jerk.. for real. You can and will be able to do it. Thats a really asshole thing to say "it will be bad...you may be able to handle it but i know I can't" The dude gave absolutely no details about his withdrawal how much he takes etc.. he's just being a jerk and trying to rain on your parade and scare you. You;;ll notice in life, there are just some people who dont want you to get clean. Misery loves company.

You can easily do this bro. REALISTICALLY. Ask anyone who has a serious habit here.

When I first was addicted to oxy I detoxed from 120mg daily I had like 3 days of what I thoguth was hell then by day 7 I was fuckinn hiking and shit yo. 30-45 you WILL DEFINITELY feel it, you will have diahreah, and maybe you will feel a bit cold when the AC is on or a bit cold sweaty but you def can do this.. You will have minor withdrawal symptoms. So if you want, look up oxy withdrawal, and yours will not even be moderate, just minor.

Also, juzcurious SHOOTS his oxycodone.

Hello, excuse me, i'm sorry but i'm not trying to be a jerk and i never said this person COULDN'T do it. I was just saying from my experience it was bad enough. I made it through 3 or 4 days with nothing at all but it was not pleasant at all, For me. I did say everyone is different so that means i don't know what they can tolerate and handle. Yes i do shoot mine i guess that makes a difference. The amount i do varies to maybe 4 or 5 roxi 30s. Most time though its more like 2 or 3. Starts with clammy but then dry feeling hands/skin then muscle ache in my legs, stomach pain and all that goes along with that and i just cant get off the sofa to do anything more than what i absolutely have to do. So yes, i do what i have to do to get thru the day and if i did work that would mean having to tough it out and go to work. So thanks for just judging me to be some asshole jerk. Have a nice day!

Ok well i guess i am a weak ninny baby and i can deal with that. I was only doing 1 to 1 and a half 30 for awhile and still felt bad enough when i didnt. I guess now it will be worse.

Honestly though i am sorry and i dont want to rain on anyones parade or make anyone feel hopeless but it can be done. My husband was precribed these and on way more and i saw what he went thru.

Yea bro just stop them maybe Thursday night and bang right in through with your life. If you can mentally get Through it, then ( at that small dose)you can easily get through the physical end.

Ask anyone on here, quitting now while ur on that low of dose is the way to go. Just get motivated and push through it. It wont be that bad at all

Get some dxm. It's a nmda antagonist, which means it prevents addiction and tolerance. the nmda recepter is objectively the worst receptor in your body, which is where calcium ions flow into and tell your other receptors (like dopamine) to downregulates (increase tolerance) when a substance is frequently high, among other things. (This is the learning center for your body to regulate its chemical intake) Anyways dxm prevents some calcium from crossing, decreasing all that bad stuff.
Dxm and other nmda antagonists (like magnesium tablets) have been know to drastically help withdrawal and tolerance in virtually every substance, including opiates.

Warning though, it's possible for your tolerance to decrease and your normal dose could be way more than you anticipated. Or it could not work very well and you use less dose and don't feel anything. Either is possible.

So take it i think about 45 minutes before tapering of the oxy.

Dxm is commonly in cough syrup. Make sure to get the kind that ONLY has dxm with no other active ingredients. A thread you might find useful
(http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40624)

If you use a cough syrup that has other ingredients it might make you vomit/die at recreational doses. Also take a little at first because you might be allergic.

While DXM can be used as a recreational drug, it's hard to get addicted because of the nmda antagonist thing. It's more likely you'll physiologically associate the drug with the nasty taste/smell it actually affects you. It's anti-addictive.

Seriously, not enough people know about nmda antagonists. They're awesome. Remember, it's possible your tolerance will change too fast and you take too much, so start small.

MXE is another drug with anti-addiction properties. Not sure how it'd fare with opiates, but MXE has been able to pretty much eliminate my cravings with regard to uppers.

I've never used many opiates myself except a few vicodin/percocet here and there for fun, but I have been using Kratom regulary recently. I can say that in my experience Kratom feels like an opioid, and from everything I've read and heard from a friend of mine it really helps to taper off the Oxy as far down as you can, then make the switch to kratom and then taper from that. Kratom is cheap and effective and can easily be found online.

I can tell you right now, definitively, that if you can get your hands on some Kratom and a few Lyrica pills, you'll do this with 0 problems.

I've been through Oxy WD several times. First was at 30mg/day, right where you are. Second was 60mg/day, a bit above you, my most recent was about 120mg/day.

I can say with certainty that the 30/60mg WDs were 100% managed by copious amounts of Lyrica and several strong doses of Kratom. So well managed I never lost a wink of sleep, never puked or had any stomach cramps, and the muscle pain/RLS was almost completely unnoticeable. Just about the only symptom I ever experienced of any real annoyance was shifts in body temperature/sweats. That's it.

I'd recommend 150mg of Lyrica 3x a day for 3 days, then 50mg 3xa day for days 4 and 5, then 50mg once or twice per day until you can jump off. I had 0 dependency built up on Lyrica when I did this, and just jumped off on day six. On days 1-4, make at least 7-8 grams of good Kratom tea and dose at least twice a day.

I'm telling you, I almost forgot I was WDing, in fact, some parts of it were almost PLEASANT. Imagine that.

Now, the higher you go on Oxy, the less and less effective Lyrica and Kratom are likely to be, but where you're at, it'll be no problem.

Lots of debate occurs with how Lyrica helps Opiate WD, but I can guarantee you it does as I've used it a few times now. Without an understanding of chemistry and only a subjective description of what it seems to do, i can tell you this:

The symptoms Lyrica is prescribed for is basically the exact set of symptoms opiate WD causes. So taking Lyrica seems to help resolve these symtpoms, especially taken at a high enough dose. Like I said above, I've even had a pleasant buzz from it while WDing.

Lyrica is VERY safe and well tolerated. You can't really OD on it although takling too much of any substance is generally a poor decision. I've seen people with 0 tolerance to Lyrica take 600mg as a first dose and be fine. So a dose of 150 x 3 /day is very tolerable so don't concern yourself with that. In fact, that was the dose I was first put at for pain management. You WILL feel the Lyrica, but it's mostly pleasant. At higher doses, it can give a little euphoria too.

I'm just trying to explain Lyrica as best I can especially if you have no clue what it is. Hell, you might be able to get it from your doc just by asking if you mention non-specific body pain. My pain doctors practically threw bottles of it at me.