• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which illicit drugs Increase appetite?

6apbhmm

Bluelighter
This is something I've been wondering for a long time. Not that it's my problem, I weigh some 110kilos (240 lb) =D

Anyway, let's do a quick check:
amphetamines / pretty much any CNS speed - hugely decrease appetite.
opiates - decrease
lsd, psylocibin / other psychedelics - decrease
all the RCs Ive heard about - decrease
steroids - decrease
benzos - I think those are neutral

cannabis - huge increase.

I can't honestly think of any other drug but this can't be true, I don't know all drugs.

Also have you ever met a fat addict? Excluding addiction to food itself lol.

benzos and almost any drugs that hits the GABA(ghb/phenibut) increase my appetite big time..

i know a few fat heroin addicts..

Interesting, I knew there must be some. Just curious. If somebody knows more, please.

opiates commonly give people a sweet tooth.

but over time, weight tends to drop, on average.

Opiates & benzos make me very hungry..................

Adderall makes me hungry as well which is odd.......

Weed of course is obvious........

LSD is the only drug that never gave me hunger.........

Forgot to say, Only post if that hunger is present when you're high, as one of main effects.

After all I always get hungry the next day after speed binges as the body is low on energy but thats not the point here.

(An opiate addict of 5-6 yrs) I find that the only time I eat or crave food/feel hunger is after I dose my opiates. Typically at night after I've reached my max for the day. Otherwise I am just not hungry. Stims don't make me hungry, weed doesn't ALWAYS (on occasion but not even usually). E certainly does the opposite (IME), as does nicotine. Sometimes alcohol (if considered by you to be illicit) increases my appetite or makes me crave food in general. I find, obviously, it's subjective.

In general though, obviously weed is the most common choice.

Haha barely anyone has mentioned weed. Weed is famous for its munchies, and it's like the easiest safest drug you can get

Yes, sometimes I'll get MAJOR drunk munchies. Just as much if not more so than weed munchies. The same goes for opioids, and basically any other cns depressant that fucked me up. A lot of the time what happens is that, because I try to eat really healthy, when I'm really fucked up I'll go to the donut store or eat those things I'd normally adore. It's not that I binge or anything, but I certainly have lowered inhibitions or whatnot. I like to think of it as "treating" myself :p

Marijuana is probably the most effective and least toxic illicit that will increase appetite...Use it!

GHB . everytime i dose my self .. i get hunger cramps. ''every hour or so ? ''....

Some of the cannabinoid RCs are illegal in some jurisdictions. They do it.

Marinol is scheduled, and while it is no different from the same isomer of THC in cannabis, it is not strictly speaking, a cannabis product.

Benzos make me like eating candy, personally.

Benzo's and GABAergic's in general do the trick for me. So does THC, but I can't stand the buzz..

I can't believe so many people get hungry on opiates, 'cause when I use heroin I litterally do not eat for sometimes three days. Dope just kills my appetite, a lot like speed.

If I get REALLY baked, I actually don't really get hungry. But every other time I smoke i definitely do.

Benzos, esp xanax, give me the munchies worse than any herb. I can clean a fridge after eating a few bars

(An opiate addict of 5-6 yrs) I find that the only time I eat or crave food/feel hunger is after I dose my opiates. Typically at night after I've reached my max for the day. Otherwise I am just not hungry. Stims don't make me hungry, weed doesn't ALWAYS (on occasion but not even usually). E certainly does the opposite (IME), as does nicotine. Sometimes alcohol (if considered by you to be illicit) increases my appetite or makes me crave food in general. I find, obviously, it's subjective.

In general though, obviously weed is the most common choice.

Whenever I'm on oxycontin or opana (recently), I get a sweet tooth too but generally I just want to eat something. I've noticed that when the drug is wearing off and I'm ready for my next dose (that hour or two before) I have absolutely no appetite and the thought of food makes me ill. So, I agree with a few of the posters here, opiod high makes me eat, period!