• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

[GUIDE] How to kick opiate withdrawals naturally and painlessly

TheOpiator

Greenlighter
This is a guide I did not write, but have followed it and am achieving success.

[writer wishes to remain anonymous]

How to kick physical withdrawals from opiates/opioids with little pain as possible:
Increase the right proteins!!!! Proteins are the building blocks for neurotransmitters and neurotransmitter receptors…as well as the building blocks for your natural opiate receptors. For 3 weeks you must remove all red meats from your diet. Red meat has chemical components that increase inflammation and pain. Fish, chicken, eggs are good sources of protein. If you are having a hard time taking in solid foods go to a health food store and buy protein powders (not soy or whey) that can be made into smoothies or drinks. You absolutely must have increased protein intake…proteins are the building blocks for all enzymes, neurotransmitters, and enzyme receptors in the body.
*Stay off candy, and other sugar heavy foods. Avoid soy, canola oil, and corn syrup and aspartame (all GMO & health hazards) (Use Stevia for sweetener)

*Buy organic when you can—esp. butter, milk, eggs, fish, chicken, soy sauce, corn products, zucchini -- to avoid GE (genetically engineered ingredients)

* Drink lots of good water—8 glasses a day-- no cokes, coffees, energy drinks or soda waters
*Increase your intake of raw fruits and vegetables…you get little or nothing from canned foods…fresh fruits and vegies are loaded with fiber which help bind and remove toxins from your body…they also normalize gut function
*When capable you must start exercising…swimming is best because it is low impact exercise…yoga…tai chi…walking daily…detoxing or otherwise…exercise is a normal component of good health.
*Sleep in pitch-black room, go to bed at least one hour before midnight.
*AM 1 hour before breakfast:
Withdrawal-Ease AM—2 caps (which contains B-1 50mg, B-6 30 mg, Foic Acid, 900mcg.,B-12 1mg, Magnesium 30mg, Zinc 5 mg, Copper 100mcg, Passion flower, L-Tyrosine, Ginseng, Echinacea,Tumeric…) (can drink the smoothie right after)
Smoothie with: 1:4 apple juice to water; add 1 tsp Lecithin, 1 T. Vitamineral Green, 1 T. flax oil, 5HTP (1/20 teaspoon powder (about 100 mg powder), L-glutamine (1000 mgs 3x day), L-Taurine—up to1000mgs 3x daily, DLPA(500-mg), L-leucine-- 500mgs 3x per day, L-methionine-- 500mgs 3x per day, Reduced L-Glutathione 300mg per day, *L-Glutamine 500mg caps…at least 2000-3000 mg per day…split the dose so that your doing it at least twice per day
Breakfast: You can chop veggies (garlic, onion, zucchini, etc.) the night before --in the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees, sauté vegies with olive oil in your cast iron skillet, beat a couple organic eggs with water and a gallop of milk and pour over vegies--pop in the oven for 5 minutes and presto—breakfast! or have a bowl of healthy cereal, muesli or granola with nuts (soaking nuts the night before adds more nutrition), or soak rice or oats overnight and cook for a warm hot cereal. Take your vitamin supplements with your breakfast.
*Multivitamin 1 a day
Ester C --500mgs to 1000mgs per day can be very helpful.. as well as extra calcium and magnesium.. * Vitamin C: 2000-3000 mg per day divided doses when detoxing from all drugs
B- vitamin Complex—1 a day--either 50mgs or 100mgs--needed for absorption of aminos.

Mineral complex: 2 droppers liquid minerals per day, 1 kelp
Full Spectrum antioxidants—1 a day-- relieves inflammation and helps normalize inflammatory pathways and reduces damaging molecules (free radicals) present in the system while detoxing

*before Lunch Can have another smoothie 1 hour before lunch or dinner and 10 Chlorella
*before Dinner: 1 tsp. fish oil or equivalent krill oil, 1 milk thistle cap, 1 Ultimate Antioxodant
*Bedtime: Withdrawal-Ease PM—2 caps (which contains GABA, DL-Methionine, Milk Thistle Extract, Lipoic Acid, Valerian Root, reduced L-Glutathione and Melatonin)

L-Theanine 200 mg
Can also take magnesium CALMS mixed in warm water for sleep
If still having fatigue and problems with anxiety and insomnia—ask Mom for adrenal support L-tyrosine-- up to 1,500mgs—to the mix in the early part of the day.... This is not usually used in the treatment of opiate/opioid and can over stimulate some people--only take it if you are still struggling with energy after starting everything else.

There is absolutely no way to eliminate all the problems associated with withdrawal from opiates/opioids, one must have a supportive environment, a good support group, going every day to NA meetings, working the 12 steps, reading from Just for Today and NA books, calls to sponsor and NA members … From a doctor: This will not kill you…it will be a miserable event…what kills most is the movement back to street drugs to ward off the side effects of withdrawal. In fact, cold turkey deaths coming off opiates/opioids are rare and usually associated with other health problems, or overdosing on prescription medications…withdrawal from opiates/opioids is much less of a risk than total withdrawal from alcohol. I wish you all luck on this endeavor…My compassion and empathy goes out to you…Ultimately, I know that you can do this…after all…it has to be done.

Great stuff op! Tbh i think many people can't afford this, but for those who can it is spot on!!! Really, although in most cases I'd recommend some sort of detox drug cockatil, I'd also highly recommend this stuff too. I mean for the majority of moderate to sever opioid addicts, what you've laid out will be hardly painless. But it is a great start.

This is interesting and useful information- but the idea that it has any relevance to acute withdrawal is pretty ridiculous. I get the feeling this wasn't written by a junkie.

For instance- how exactly do you expect me to keep all this food/protein shakes down? When I'm in acute withdrawal I drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration (as suggested), but for the 2-3 days that I'm in acute withdrawal I throw up about half the water I drink immediately, I throw up a lot of the pills intended to help me through that period...I do almost nothing but shiver and vomit, with frequent waves of soul-destroying diaharrea.

During that period, thinking about- let alone attempting to make and consume- a protein shake would probably cause another round of stabbing pains and nausea as my body contracts and I start wretching and throwing up again.

I'm not criticising though, I saved this post to a doc because I'm fulling intending on following a lot of what it says during PAWS as I think that the worst it could do was improve my general health and assist my digestive system into returning to normal. This is a good guide, but it's more of a guide to post-acute-withdrawal rest, recooperation and regeneration than a guide to the withdrawals themselves.

Loperamide, diclofenac, diazepam, water, multivitamins and magnesium is all on my checklist when it comes to chronic withdrawal...so I can get through to the 'take lots of vitamins, eat protein shakes and a healthy semi-vegeterian diet with a lot of fresh veges, fruit, eggs and the occasional piece of fresh fish' period of withdrawing from opiates. As I said, this is a good PAWS guide, but it is almost misleading to speak about acute withdrawal (aka the sickness) like that.

Yeah it all sounds good but nobody in serious opiate withdrawal has the energy or will to follow such a detailed regiman. Best case scenario take a few medicines to ease your suffering and force yourself to drink a few meal replacement shakes, something like that.

It's kind of a guide to healthy living. I've read lots of stuff like that, but I really don't think vitamins or supplements have any noticeable effect during acute withdrawal.

Loperamide and kratom allowed me to escape my habit far less painfully than I expected. Those would be my two reccomendations to anyone looking to kick.

i am far too nauseous during w/d to consume anything but chocolate meal replacement shakes. The diarrhea is the worst for me and loperamine helps greatly. I smoked cannabis tonight for the first time since i started withdrawing and i actually put down a whole sub. If i were given a withdrawal kit with all this stuff in it i would certainly take it but otherwise i am in too much pain to even get such things. And there's no way i can fall asleep before midnight lol. what's with the emphasis on NA at the end?

Have you actually tried this OP? I doubt most people in serious withdrawal couldnt keep down all those fluids and foods.

At a risk of repeating previous posters the OP obviously does not fully understand what acute withdrawal is like - if they did then they would be aware that keeping anything exceeding minimal fluids in, is practically impossible, yet alone trying to cook food and eat that.. Just the thought of that food cooking and the smell of the eggs would get me wretching and puking within seconds. Obviously not written by anyone that has ever experienced severe acute opiate withdrawal. But thanks anyway, sounds great for PAWS.

Kicking a true opiate habit can never be "painless" IME and IMO. This sounds like it can help majorly though.

Lyrica (pregabalin) and gabapentin may not be natural, but helps with RLS, restlessness, and anxiety tremendously!

I find the distinction between "natural" remedies and pharmaceutical drugs somewhat silly... fuck man, it's all about the chemicals in them, either source can be just as contaminous... kind of a bourgeois or yuppy dinstinction, much of the time, imho...

This is really dumb, like others have said how are you suppposed to keep all that crap down in WD? Furthermore, a simple TAPER or suboxone, will help more than all of that stuff.

At a risk of repeating previous posters the OP obviously does not fully understand what acute withdrawal is like - if they did then they would be aware that keeping anything exceeding minimal fluids in, is practically impossible, yet alone trying to cook food and eat that.. Just the thought of that food cooking and the smell of the eggs would get me wretching and puking within seconds. Obviously not written by anyone that has ever experienced severe acute opiate withdrawal. But thanks anyway, sounds great for PAWS.

good point..i think this would be perfect for PAWS..real WDs?? you can barely make it the bathroom...but very healthy advice non the less

yea, and, tbh, if the w/d wasn't moderate-sever, if it was only mild, the OP suggestions would help. but that only goes for MILD w/d, which people aren't generally to worried about getting through because it's not any worse, if it's even that bad to begin with, as a sinus/head cold.

^yea, and the same can be said for using dxm during w/d. I think this thread has run its course...

Kicking a true opiate habit can never be "painless" IME and IMO. This sounds like it can help majorly though.

Lyrica (pregabalin) and gabapentin may not be natural, but helps with RLS, restlessness, and anxiety tremendously!

Fucking this, I couldn't imagine going through wd with out those, they do help very much and very easy to get a hold of
But yeah this is more of a guide for the later weeks after the hard part goes away.

When you're in severe opiate wd it's not like you can just jump up remember all those things and drive to the store and get them.
You can hardly stand up or hold your head straight when you're in that much pain and shit

Idk man, all that in the first post seems like a lot of work lol I know when I'm drawlin the last thing I feel like doing is making shakes and chopping fresh veggies.

Have you actually tried this OP? I doubt most people in serious withdrawal couldnt keep down all those fluids and foods.

This.

I think this is more of a guide 'how to get through post acute withdrawal symptoms'

When you are in withdrawals... well I know that I barf every 10 minutes and there isn;t even anything to keep down. I am barfing sneezing shitting sweating laying on my floor fetus position. The chances of me eating balanced meals and sleeping when I want to sleep is zero. But this sounds like a good plan once you made it past like 2 weeks.

^yea, and the same can be said for using dxm during w/d. I think this thread has run its course...
With all due respect, DMX doesn't compare AT ALL to the results of Low Dose Ibogaine and Memantine when going through opiate withdraws. If done correctly, the process I referred to in my earlier post will completely eleminate opiate withdraws in most people. I don't mean help relieve them some, I mean ELIMINTE them completely.

I know many are rolling their eyes and thinking I'm full of crap. Had I not seen this first hand with numerous friends and relatives, I wouldn't believe it either. But for all those that are ready to get off the downward spiral of physical opiate addiction, I believe Low dose Ibogaine and Meamntine is nothing short of a miracle cure.

No, you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear. In my case, DXM did in fact completely eliminate all w/d symptoms. It was AMAZING! And given the action and (in some ways) similarities of Ibogaine and Meanmntine (both potent NMDA antagonists, which are being used, specifically ket, to manage patients with treatment resistant depression, anxiety and drug addiction). These drugs have SOOOOOOO much potential. It blows my mind we don't know more about this stuff, or that the medical community isn't doing more to research this stuff.

I have actually used Ibogaine and I did find DXM to be its slightly more manageable little brother. For me, DXM was a lot more manageable and easier to acquire, let alone much cheaper, so it is my current go to NMDA antagonist. I like to use piracetam with it to help address any negative side effects of DXM (and I've found this racetam to do so exceptionally well, without diminishing the NMDA antagonist action of the DXM).