• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Getting high off subutex while on maintenance?

caliboi123

Greenlighter
So I have been on Subutex maintenance for about 3 months @ 8mg a day. I have not tried to double dose in a while to avoid running out of medicine, but im about to start tapering so now i can use a little more. So my question is can I get high off taking 2 to 3 of those 8mg subs, or is my tolerance too high at this point?:D

Honestly, with Benadryl and Tagamet, I get a really nice buzz from my 8mg dose every day I take it (with the potentiators that is). Sometimes I skip a day and that helps just about as much; with the potentiators even more obviously. I don't find 16mg to be any stronger of a high than 8mg tbh, at least when using the potentiators.

I suggest you try Benadryl/any sedative antihistamine + Tagamet/White Grapefruit juice as opposed to increasing your dose.

Another thing that REALLY makes a difference, in fact just as much if not more than the potentiators already mentioned, is rinsing my mouth with ethanol containing mouthwash (I use listerine) or a really high proof alcohol, as the alcohol increase the bupe's BA tremendously. Using Listerine and the potentiators mentioned makes a HUGE difference in my experience.

I get a nice buzz whenever I want (most days)

:)

Although DXM is only supposed to prevent tolerance from increasing, I also find that it either acts as a potentiator or lowers tolerance, because I get significantly higher when I dose my sub after using DXM at any 60+ dose (normally I take 230mg).

Happy trials/trails

Maybe. I have never gotten high from bupe though. Ive taken upwards to 32 mg and felt nothing. It did not work as maintenance for me or recreational. I take methadone now works much better.

what people fail to realize about SUB is its so strong and the half-life is so long you are actually "high" all day everyday.. but to you.. "high' is now normal.. because of how much sub is in your system and your body doesn't have time to really ever come down..

If you don't think this is true and am on sub maintenance.. stop taking sub for 3 days then take your regular dose

Cire113 makes a good point. You also realize it when you get down to a low maintenance dosage like 1 or 2 mg. Each dose feels a lot stronger, as the drop in blood levels is more steep due to having less bupe in your system. I take .5mg 2x daily, and get a nice mood lift off of it. Occasionally, like today, I took more, and actually felt too fucked up, I got nauseous and felt like I was going to feint. Taking more bupe usually isn't the best way to use it IMO. At a low dosage, it makes each dose you take feel the same as if you were on 8mg and skipped three days or so and dosed again.

you wont get high off increasing your dose if your already taking 8mg. 8mg is actually a HUGE dose. my suggestion is to lay off the suboxone for as long as you can ( you havnt been on it too long you should be able to go at least 2 if not 3 or 4 days without) since the halflife of sub is so long, when i do this i barley even realize i havnt taken my dose. After i wait about 3 days i take my normal dose and im high as hell all day. When the next day rolls around i either take my dose and get a very slight buzz, or i wait another 3-4 days and redose again. This method of taking sub has worked wonders, as ive been able to save my subs and have alot extra at the end of the month.

So I have been on Subutex maintenance for about 3 months @ 8mg a day. I have not tried to double dose in a while to avoid running out of medicine, but im about to start tapering so now i can use a little more. So my question is can I get high off taking 2 to 3 of those 8mg subs, or is my tolerance too high at this point?:D

bupe is a partial agonist.. unless you stay at <1mg the chances of you getting high has come and gone after 3 months on 8mg. You can take 32mg and it won't do jack shit. 8mg is a massive dose to begin with. The only pepole who stay able to get high off bupe for prolonged periods of time are people who are dosing like 250mcg-.5mg daily.

IF you wanna get high, get a full agonist. A partial agonist is never goign to compare.

At around 2mg or LESS of bupe (so I guess that'd be 4mg sublingual since the BOA is 50%? <It's SL bioavailability is 30% --TC> someone correct me if its 2mg under the tongue or 2mg in your BODY) it functions MORE agonistically than ANTagonistically.

With sub, less is more, seriously. So no, taking more sub will not get you higher. But taking less could have, if you didnt have a tolerance requiring 8mg. At this point taking 2mg of sub will just make you sick from w/d.

I cannot get high off of sub no matter how much/little I take, but I will tell you smaller doses feel MUCH BETTER! Higher doses usually just ramps up my blockade effect & SIDE EFFECTS, not the perceived high. And i've stayed at 3mg EVERY DAY since December, so I have been keeping it as close to that agonist properties. When I up my dose I feel shittier, not higher.

Just my 2 cents.

And if you want my HONEST INPUT? I think you need to stay on the subs quiteeeeeeeeeee a bit longer buddy, considering you fuck around with your dose and are STILL CHASING HIGHS. So yeah, you got a lot more work to do amigo. Stay on the sub or a relapse seems imminent for ya.

EDIT:
Wow I just realized someone bumped this 3 month old thread. Damn lol. Wonder if the OP relapsed or if I'm just whistlin' dixie?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're totally whistlin' dixie whatever that means! haha, your post made me smile!

As far as I know SL BOA is ~40%. I say 50% b/c I always use alcoholic mouth wash beforehand to bump it up a bit (as well as speed up absorbtion), so for me its prob 40-50% easily. Surely a high dose sub strip is not as meagerly absorbed as 30%? Correct me if im wrong tricomb

Glad I could make ya smile! Perhaps this will too...

I play this instant!

necropost4koxh6.png

(I'm a nerd who likes Magic: The Gathering so I thought this was appropriate for necro'd posts).

Haha I've never played Magic: The Gathering but it's always sort of intrigued me, not knowing what it is and all, hah. Necropost does fit perfectly here though.

I've always heard and seen 30% for sublingual, that's the official figure we have in our half-lives and BA megathread.

I am about to quit heroin.I have a few subutex but am scared to take them as I have heard some horror stories of people taking them too early.some people say 8 hours after last heroin use.others say 24 hours.anyone know when to take them.I would appreciate some help.

Once you feel physically sick and feel like crawling out of your skin then take the subutex. There's no time frame since we all have varying metabolisms and the rate at which drugs get excreted from our body varies quite drastically from person to person.

You should open a new thread so more ppl can help you!

Youre a lucky guy if you actually have Subutex instead of Suboxone,they are hard to come around and seem to be more flexible(although many argue its pretty much the same).

Indeed,there is a great conflict about how much time one should wait before taking the bupe-it surely depends on alot of things like how big your habit is etc.

Id suggest you wait at least 12 hours the first time you take Subs.Basically,the theory is to take them when you are in WDs,so if 10 hours after your last H dose you already feel like shit and are genuinely in withdraw,you could take a small dose like 2mgs,and procceed based on how you react to that.

The point is to actually take it when you need it physically,not psychologically,so if 15 hours pass and sure,you crave drugs but are not really in WDs then you should wait.The more shittier you feel,the more relief youll get from the Subs..

Good luck!!

As other people have said, it's essentially impossible to get high on bupe if you're already taking 8 mg/day.

I was prescribed Suboxone when it first got on the market and my doctor put me on 24 mg per day. Ridiculous. For years, before I understood how bupe worked, I tinkered endlessly with doses of tagamet, cimetidine, diphenhydramine, and benzos in attempt to "feel my dose more". It never worked. I felt more sedated when I took benzos or benadryl, because they are sedatives. I've taken 48 mg of bupe with absolutely no effect. Using mouthwash to increase bioavailability will do fuck all for someone on large maintenance doses - the problem isn't bioavailability, its the nature of bupe. Your system is chock full of bupe already.

Over the years and several sub docs later I finally came to realize than less is MUCH more with Suboxone. Once you get below 2 mg per day, not only will you feel your doses more, there will be less in the way of side effects. And if you're like me, doing the weekend warrior thing, taking days off the sub to use your DOC, you won't have to worry about its blockade effects.

I've found there was absolutely no benefit to taking more than 4 mg per day, and i felt best at about 2 mg. But sub maintenance did nothing to curb my cravings, like you i was still trying to catch a buzz and all it did was keep me from being dopesick between doses of heroin and oxy. I ended up on methadone maintenance which is a special kind of hell but at least it curbed my cravings and anxiety.