• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Basics. Need some info.

sHaNkY

Greenlighter
Hey guys I've been doing a lot of research on Heroin. Certain terms come up like "caps" or "tens" or "Twenties" that I don't understand. I get that they are amounts but I need to know how much are in them, how much I should smoke/inject/snort for the first time and, whether or not I can smoke/inject/snort different kinds. I'm getting that you should not snort black tar shit. Another thing is that I'm going to try this no matter what, I just want to do it right. Also any other information that you think would be useful would be awesome. But mostly I need to know the amount I should try and how I figure out how much powder that is. Like if it's 66mg for first time users, what do I weigh that shit? Thanks a lot guys.

I get that you are insistant you are going to take it, but please stay away from the needle under all circumstances. Try it sure, but don't go that far. I can't answer any of your other questions i'm afraid but i'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along to help.

So I guess what I want to do is snort it. How much should I snort, can I snort any shit and how pure can it be? That's exactly what I want to know actually.

I couldn't tell you as i dont know what your dope is like or what your tollerance is. Start as low as you can. You can always take more. You cant fix it if you take too much.

yes, snort it. You can even snort black tar by combining it with a tiny bit of water until it desolves then snorting the liquid or putting it into your nose via a needless syringe. I've also heard of making it wet first like I prescribe then using a cutting agent like maybe crushing a Tylenol or something and making the Tylenol soak up the liquid so you end up with a snortable powder, but anyways.

Use small amounts first of course, it would be better if you had a .001g scale. I recommend 10mg bumps at first, waiting 30-45 minutes in between until you get to desired effects. 10mg is just a tiny amount on the tip of a key, and then u snort it off the key into your nose. (this of course im talking about regular powdered now, not the Tylenol heroin hybrid from above lol)

to more accurately answer some of your questions a general regional location (US) might be helpful as that often determines the types of heroin available. Where I am from heroin is sold in small stamp bag packages and contain approx. 0.1g or 100mg of powder. Purity is another topic and can and does vary greatly depending on where you get the dope. I am a former IV heroin user and would not recommend IV use for your first time or at all as it is extremely addicting.

So bottom line is that you are going to try it. Snort or smoke the heroin for your first time starting with a very small amount and working your way up until effects are felt. Remember you can always take more but once you dose you cant go back.

Black tar: cannot be snorted. Only smoked or injected. I have no experience with this.

#3 powder: can be injected, snorted, or smoked. Is the free base form of diacetyl-morphine. needs to be converted to the HCL salt form using most commonly acetic acid before injection.

#4 powder: can be injected, snorted, or smoked. Is the HCL salt of diacetyl-morphine

Where I am from the only available heroin is #4 powder which comes in dosage packs of about 0.1 gram. The first time I tried it I emptied the contents of one ten bag onto a surface and divided the powder into four equal parts, starting with snorting one part waiting a half hour then snorting another part until I achieved desired effects

If you have little to no tolerance to opiates I'd do 25mg. If it's halfway pure this should be good. It's about the size of one of those coke spoons or a matchhead. It takes 5 minutes to kick in snorted, but might not peak for 30 minutes. You can always do more, can't unsnort a line.
sHaNkY said:
I'm getting that you should not snort black tar shit.
It's not that tar is bad to snort, it's just not as easy as powder because it'd be like snorting tootsie rolls. Some people dissolve it in water and snort it(water lining) or cut it into a powder. In much of the US tar is all that's out there. If you have tar, get some foil, burn the shiny side with a lighter. When the foil no longer smokes it good. Put tar on foil, I'd do about 100mgs the first time, but if it's really good don't smoke that much all at once. Don't fold the foil, try to make it as smooth and flat as possible. I flatten it with the side of a lighter. Heat underneath the tar til it melts onto the foil. Now get a straw or some kind of tube to suck up the smoke. Heat the tar and tilt the foil so it drips down, follow it by moving the foil over the lighter while sucking. Try to smoke the trails it leaves rather than the tar blob. This helps avoid burning, you want to vaporize it. Hold in for at least 10 seconds and breath out. Kick in instantly. Repeat til your high as you want to be. That's the beauty of smoking, you can adjust how high you want to get, and it's harder(but not impossible) to overdo it. Be sure to have a cup to spit in, heroin is very bitter.

I live in Western Canada. I suppose whoever I buy off of will know if i can snort it strait or not. Is there slang instead of #3 and #4 powder? I don't want to sound like a narc lol. But I'll probably just ask if I can snort it strait or if I have to add shit to it.

If its tar you can snort it. I have done it in the past when I lived In CA. I would take some put it in a spoon add some water use a lighter and heat it up just as if I was going to shoot it, however instead we would just snort the water. It tastes very bad bud definitely does the job. You can do the same with brownstone as well. you can smoke it, but I couldn't when I tried because it tastes VERY bad. If its white powder no problem snort away doesn't taste bad and nothing else required to snort it. When it comes to tar I honestly would say just shoot it. Just do a small amount at first you can always do more. Now that I am in NJ well its all powder so when I feel like doing it I just snort it and its great. Just make sure to use clean needles and dont do to much at once because you have not done it before...Hope this helps

It's usually sold by the .1 or 100 mg. And if you have to do 160 mg oxycodone, 2 bags Iv would be a good starting point.

I get that you are insistant you are going to take it, but please stay away from the needle under all circumstances. Try it sure, but don't go that far. I can't answer any of your other questions i'm afraid but i'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along to help.

Could you go further into this, justify/reason?

Could you go further into this, justify/reason?
Does anyone really need to? IV is the riskest route to take. This isn't pure sterile ampoles of pharm grade diamorphine, it's drugs cooked up in the mountains of Afghanistan/Mexico. There is inconsistant purity, sometime dangerous cut, and germs in it. And IV going to hit harder than snorted. In real life nobody uses micronfilters, or even a clean rig or spoon, making IV users at risk of a potentially life threating infection.

I never really like opioids. Pain killers just made me feel like shit, and I'd never take them recreationally. Then I found heroin. Where I live (west coast) all we have is tar, and the person I convinced to bring me to that dark place only IV'd, and that's what I wanted to do anyway...I was fine with that. So every experience I've had with heroin was IV. Not only did I instantly fall in love with the drug, I instantly fell in love with the needle. We bought our H by the dollar amount, not weighed, but the size was consistent. I used it for about a year, daily when I had it, and only stopped when I ran out of cash. Don't pick up a needle. Ever. I doubt I'll ever be able to wear short sleeves again, and I was very careful about my needles and technique. I'm 52, a mom and a grandma, and I live with embarrassment every time I see them. Smoke it or snort it if you must, as I hear the effects can be just as effective. Just don't pick up a needle. I hate to admit it, but I've even shot up water. Stupid ritual. Stupid drug. Stupid track marks.

Just writing this has triggered me, and I'm glad I deleted my dealer's number. *le sigh*

I never really like opioids. Pain killers just made me feel like shit, and I'd never take them recreationally. Then I found heroin. Where I live (west coast) all we have is tar, and the person I convinced to bring me to that dark place only IV'd, and that's what I wanted to do anyway...I was fine with that. So every experience I've had with heroin was IV. Not only did I instantly fall in love with the drug, I instantly fell in love with the needle. We bought our H by the dollar amount, not weighed, but the size was consistent. I used it for about a year, daily when I had it, and only stopped when I ran out of cash. Don't pick up a needle. Ever. I doubt I'll ever be able to wear short sleeves again, and I was very careful about my needles and technique. I'm 52, a mom and a grandma, and I live with embarrassment every time I see them. Smoke it or snort it if you must, as I hear the effects can be just as effective. Just don't pick up a needle. I hate to admit it, but I've even shot up water. Stupid ritual. Stupid drug. Stupid track marks.

Just writing this has triggered me, and I'm glad I deleted my dealer's number. *le sigh*

I know exactly what you mean. I can't put down the needle. I wish I could shoot everything.
I am nearly 90 days sober now. I don't crave dope much; just the needle.
I am not proud of it, but I use my Suboxone via IV. Wish I could stop.

I know exactly what you mean. I can't put down the needle. I wish I could shoot everything.

Wow, congrats on 90 days. I've got 2 weeks under my belt, and am feeling pretty good about it. However, like you, I wish I could shoot everything.

This is the answer for whoever wanted me to explain telling the OP to stay the hell away from the needle! Good for you XTCAKE

OP - Why is it you are so desperate to learn about/try heroin when you have never before touched opiates? Why not go get some over the counter codeine dude seriously!

Yeah, this is a bad idea. Heroin was the first opiate I tried honestly, but I was pretty young and naive, or at least thats how I justify it. If I had known about codeine or hydrocodone I would have just started with that (if I had to do it to begin with) because at least that way I wouldn't have immediately shot my tolerance through the roof.

There is no way for anyone to tell you how much heroin you would need to take, as heroin is always cut, and no one knows the purity of the product they have. If you get a scale, you can be safe by measuring out 10-20 mg and starting out with that dosage. Unless you've been consuming any other CNS depressants (benzo's, alchohol, GHB), than 10 mg of even pure heroin will almost definately not kill you.

And you would be insane to shoot heroin on your first time, if you insist on doing smack at all. Smoking is safer in that your less likely to OD than you are when shooting, or sniffing, but it carries it's own risks as well.