• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide pupil dilation?

Azurite

Greenlighter
I've been using this stuff for morphine, fentanyl and dihydrocodeine withdrawal on and off over the years, with it making the experience a really easy one, to the point where I don't mind going back on the stronger opiates so long as I have some of this stuff around the house. First of all, however, I'll just point out that this is my personal experience with it and it seems that it doesn't work so well for everyone. Secondly, I will also point out that I've only ever felt normal on it and never actually high. Trust me, I've tried insanely high doses out of desperation in the past, so I know this definitely doesn't get me high. I do, however, feel like some people who have been using stronger opiates for so long might mistake the feeling of normality it provides for a proper high, with it having been so long since they last experienced sobriety that they might not remember that this is approximately what it feels like. That said, I won't completely discount the experiences of others.

Anyway, my point in creating this thread is that I've noticed today that I have some pretty extreme pupil dilation. This is after taking a 40mg dose to stave off withdrawals. I don't feel high or anything but this is the first time I've noticed it having such an effect and this isn't even the highest dose I've done so far. I'm thinking perhaps the fact that I went through an entire two liter carton of white grapefruit juice yesterday might have something to do with it but I can't be sure. Is pupil dilation indicative of the stuff having crossed the blood brain barrier? Or is it merely indicative of central nervous system action? Hopefully someone with more medical knowledge than myself can help me out here.

Again though, I don't feel "high", just normal, and I don't recommend doing insanely high doses of lope in an attempt to get there. It is a godsend for withdrawals though.

How's the ambient light when you're checking your pupils? Opioids should constrict, not dialate.

Yeah, my pupils are so constricted with Lope that I am almost blind in dim light tripping over shit lol.

Meperidine, which some medical publications have compared to Loperamide if I recall correctly, affects DAT and Norepinephrine so if Loperamide also affects those things, perhaps you have a higher sensitivity to that, and in theory that could be causing dilation. I am not too far into neurology or pharmacology to assert this with any degree of authority though. It is casual conjecture bear in mind.

I know Lope does more than agonize MOR in the CNS because it feels "dirtier" and there are effects like pressure in the eyes making them feel heavy and more difficult to move at high doses.

Ah, my bad. I was under the impression that "dilate" could mean either enlargement or constriction of the pupil because I'm kind of an idiot who sucks at English.

My pupils are incredibly constricted right now. My apologies for the confusion.

I had always associated constricted pupils with a "proper" opioid-type high, which is why the presence of this after dosing on loperamide has me surprised. It may well have happened before but I didn't notice it until today and it got me wondering if perhaps the grapefruit juice is related, as I've heard of it being used to potentiate some weaker opiates before, although I've never had much success with this method myself.

I've heard the same about grapefruit juice, haven't gotten a chance to try it myself. And constricted pupils doesn't necessarily mean you're high, just a decent amount of opioids in your system.

When I used to use and would go into WD's, dilated pupils was one of the symptoms. It could simply be that you're still having WD's and the Loperamide isn't doing very much as far as staving them off. The same would also happen if I were to take weaker stuff like codeine and hydrocodone when I had a ridiculous tolerance.

I'm with sekio on this one. Ambient light effects the pupils massively. There have been times where I've questioned whether or not I had done drugs just by looking in the mirror and noticing the size of my pupils.