• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall hates me !!

bran91

Greenlighter
I was recently prescribed Adderall IR 20 mg as a starting dose. I took it and nothing is happening and I've been taking it for days now. Today I decided to up my dose til I noticed effects. Also I took a low dose of DXM last night and this morning I took a couple Tums and drank baking soda, waited 1 hr. I also am on an empty stomach and I've been sleeping 9 hrs every night. I went up to 100 mg through a combo of snorting it, parachuting, swallowing, putting under tongue, and chewing it. It's been hours now with no effects even my blood pressure is normal, pupils aren't dilated or constricted, no + or - effects !! I potentiated the shit outta this and took a high dose... I'm about to go to the pharmacy and get some syringes to shove it up the butt. I don't wanna turn back to speed to control my severe ADHD. I'm really frustrated atm.

My current meds are Adderall, Trazodone, Vistaril, zonisamide, and Neurontin. I've been on Ritalin and Straterra (same time), Concerta, and Vyvanse. Can there be some cross tolerance or interaction with any of these meds? Or Adderall simply doesn't work for me?

You could have over potentiated the medication. You said you took tums and drank baking soda - this is not advised. It is best to do one or the other. It's possible that you made your GI tract far too alkaline, thus causing it to "reset" itself back to the normal pH.

Snorting is a complete waste of time honestly, its useless. Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine (metabolizes into dextroamphetamine in the GI tract), so there could very well be a cross tolerance there.

I recommend you call it quits for today, get a good night sleep, and try it again tomorrow.

Take 1 decent size teaspoon of baking soda, mix into a cup of water. Slam that gross solution back. Wait a few minutes, then dose up 20mg or 40mg of Adderall IR.

What was your Vyvanse dose? I've used the baking soda and adderall method to potentiate 20mg of Adderall XR into effects stronger than that of a 60mg Vyvanse taken orally without the baking soda. I know first hand from many many experiences that it does work.

With all that being said, I find Vyvanse exponentially better than Adderall.

It could be you are incredibly tolerant already, or one or more of your other sedative/antipsychotics are blocking the effects of amph.

Why are you prescribed it? With these also in effect Trazodone, Vistaril, zonisamide, and Neurontin, Ritalin and Straterra. It seems odd you would be searching for an Adderol 'high'. What sort of effects are you hoping to achieve so we can better assist you. However it would be good to know why you are on those other drugs so we can better suggest options that don't allrviate the beneficial effects of the drugs you need. .

I didnt think the people that need & are prescribed Adderall get high off of it...............

@sekio I'm not on any antipsychotics? I've been stabilized on antipsychotics/mood stabilizers/sedatives before with Ritalin while on Zyprexa/Depakote, Abilify, Geodon, Zyprexa/Seroquel, Trazodone, Vistaril (not all at the same time 'cept the 1s w/slashes) and I still had noticeable effects w/Ritalin so it can't be any of those I don't think.

Adderall IR 20 mg 3x/day: ADHD
Trazodone 100 mg 1x bedtime: insomnia
Vistaril 100 mg 1x/day bedtime: insomnia
Neurontin: insomnia, reduce hyperactivity, neuro pain, seizures
Xanax 2 mg PRN: insomnia, all anxiety disorders
zonisamide: insomnia, seizures

As you can tell I hate sleeping lol.

I don't think my neuro/psych would prescribe drugs that interact w/each other.

I'm looking for that euphoric/hyperactive high when you 1st start a stimulant. I'm not looking for an everyday thing. When I 1st started Ritalin IR 10 mg I got that high and the same effect w/meth but then it just started to calm me down and I ended up psychologically addicted to that focus/motivation cuz its something I've never experienced before.

Anyone been in my situation or know what up?

Last edited:
Okay, did a lot of meth... it's tolerance. It sounds like you had the euphoria of meth, and adderall just doesn't compare. It never will.

But, I will agree that Vyvanse is a LOT better than adderall. Just in, almost every department.. so smooth, no anxiety, it's like dexedrine perfected really, at least for therapeutic use.

I've been on most of the meds to treat ADHD, so far Vyvanse has been the most effective with the least side-effects. The only issue that crops up is a varied duration; most of the time it does last almost all day, but often starts to fade into the evening. As a booster, my psychiatrist prescribed some Adderall IR in the evening.

But, as far as getting that euphoria... it's gonna be hard, maybe take a while off all ADHD meds (except Strattera- although worthless, it would be fine to take). Then, once your tolerance has subsided somewhat (I recommend taking at least 5-htp supplements and magnesium.. there are more things you can do, can be found on the web), you can take a large dose of Vyvanse. Even on doses from 50-100 mg I've had some of the best, most awesomely brilliant days in quite a while.

Hope that answers your question.

^yup

its tolerance. i've gone on benders of the stuff, slept it off a couple of days then taken upwards and over 100mg trying to feel ANYTHING. its a sad sorry state of affairs but ive come to accept the highs and lows; i'd never try anything more euphoric like meth though- i'm too afraid of what i'll end up doing with it.

Well I haven't used meth since April 2011 cuz I went to another country for 7 months. I have a feeling that d-amp just doesn't fit me. Disappointed cuz I read that it's more stronger. Is dexmethylphenidate any good? I think I only have 2 stimulant options left.

you can go up to desoxyn? lol. maybe you need to but then again, maybe you dont need to. so you do have really a few extra stimulant options that may be needed if the other two you claim you have left don't... and dexmethylphenidate is not a bad option...

it still can give you a high even if you are prescribed it... its just not the same as someone who does not take it every day, or who does not have add would feel... but it does still give you a feeling of either normality or well being... both can be considered a "high"... in my opinion....

feeling normal is a high in itself... same with being able to cut through the bullshit and think clearly... its almost a high in itself. imo.

I didnt think the people that need & are prescribed Adderall get high off of it...............
they Don't. I always noticed Adderall had a ceiling effect after 90mgs. Get on XR. Plugging is dumb. And that Will burn. Dont take anymore adderall its rough as fuck.

on a related note for those who have any experience - do you think the same will be true of propylhexedrine after years of meth? Will the propylhexedrine compare at all?

Meth is the 'gold standard' of strong psychostimulants, pretty much eferything will seem lacking after a good meth addiction.

Methylphenidate/dexmethylphenidates only stop your body from re-absorbing dopamine so they will not feel anywhere near as pleasurable.
Propylhexidrine is basically a dumbed down version of meth that has more side-effects than anything else.

Yesterday I swallowed another 20 mg at 4 PM and I never experienced a comedown from the 120 mg that day. Either that or I'm so used to the meth withdrawal that Adderall feels like nothing lol. Im so f***ed up lmao.

Benzedrine isn't worth it. You feel a focus for like an hour then have the amphetamine comedown. Feelin' dizzy, sick to your stomach while burping that menthol/lavender made me induce vomit. Never doing that again.

Trust me your not alone, Adderall hates me and I hate it right back. I won't fuck with any amphetamine except for the holy dextromethamp. And this is for harm reduction, all other amphetamines (in my case) make me feel disgusting and I get nasty side effects. But nobody's body is the same.