• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Just been scripted Venlafaxine with diazepam - what to expect?

doppelganga196

Bluelighter
K. I have years of experience with diazepam & just got switched from oxazepam back to diazepam to titrate down again...

I've been on citalopram for about 3 months & it's helped quite a bit since i've had a really rough year with death, arrests & going from unemployment to a stessfull as hell job back to unemployment...

Anywho, today i got scripted 75 mg venlafaxine. I've read some odd things about this drug. Similaritys with mdma & meth (wtf) I've read in the past its quite similar to tramadol & gives a boost of energy which for me is a plus as when i'm really melancholy i have no energy, physical or mental.

Sooo, anybody with experience with this drug that is willing to give me an idea of what it's like, i'd be most grateful.

p.s i read a side effect of velafaxine is amnesia?!? i'm on benzos too so christ alive am i gonna remember what i did 2 hours ago or what!?!:?

What 200 + views n nobody who cared enough to look actually has experience with venlafaxine???

I took this dose for 4 days. By day four I went to the ER because i felt like I had sniffed an 8-ball of coke and then popped 10 E's (i had all negative effects, NOTHING good)
Also i was so confused I could barely answer the intake nurses questions. Effexor = shit IME. I was on citalopram for a year before and was fine(even though it did not help at all)

i take 150 mg of venlafaxine (effexor xr) and it is a god send!ive been down a bad road too brother and tried every antideppresent undrer the sun. im talking all ssri's all snri's and all tricyclics. effexor will boost your mood and help you with your social anxiety. unlike most antidepressents you will feel its effects within 5-6 days of taking it, maybe even less. i have no side affects from it other then a shitload of energy and occasional sweating. take it as directed man and im sure you will have a great experience with it. ive taking it the last 2 years and started out on the 75 mg a day regiment and just a month ago went up to 150 mg

Veinville Thanks man. I could use a boost in energy. I mean i'm not overweight, i occasionally do part time work tree felling so i'm not inactive, but i started smoking cigarettes again last year after having quit for 4 years & lately i'm feeling badly out of shape, so when i'm feeling depressed its like i've had a lobotomy.

Be careful with the Venlafaxine. The most notorious side effects of this drug (all SSRI's, but this one more so) is the brain zaps. Just be ready for them.

If you do continue taking these as per doctors orders, after a few weeks when its built up in your system you very well may start getting the brain zaps at night. Basically you'll be laying in bed and literally a ZAP of electricity will rush through your brain, effectively causing you to twitch up and say "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT"

After being on SSRI's (including this one) I honestly have only 1 opinion for you. Tell your doctor you want to stop taking these, and he will set up a proper taper plan to avoid your brain from feeling like its hooked up to a car battery. Once you are effectively off the SSRI's, I would highly recommend Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It is significantly safer, and in my opinion more effective, than taking SSRI's. (Which I find to be extremely dangerous, and the lazy way out)

Yeah no problem man! and as gbm said you may experience "brain zaps" though everyone is different! just try it out brother and time will tell but in my opinion its a wonder drug for depression/anxiety