Status
Not open for further replies.

omicamushroom

Bluelighter
Hi,

So bath salts are cathinones?

Why were they marketed as bath salts?
Why do people call them bath salts?
Why would someone want to take something that is known as a bath salt?
Is bath salt just a disguise name that media and propaganda blew up to scare the parents of children that are eating this stuff?

So I've been using methylone here and there recently. Not very often, and never doing a lot of it. Generally between 100-160 oral, and 25-75 snorted. Maybe twice a month.

When I first heard about bath salts, I heard about mdpv. I heard people were getting hospitalized and whatever other propaganda. I thought that it was some ridiculous shit. Methylone didn't seem to be linked to the bath salts, but I just found out the other day it is in the same grouping as mdpv. I got methylone by chance from a friend I hadn't seen in a while. About 3.5g. I looked it up on erowid and here. I didn't get to in-depth. I just ate it at 100mg. Seemed pretty decent. Some of my friends got some, and did a bunch... I was kinda wary of that. But I've been doing less drugs lately anyways...... yadda yadda yadda.

So, what is the deal with these drugs? Is it bad to do methylone often? are certain cathinones more dangerous than others. Were mixtures being sold as bath salts? What was going on with the people selling this at headshops? My local headship talked to me about it briefly, but they told me they declined bring it into their store... and so on and so forth.

drugs inc on nat geo is doing a show on this. i think it comes on sunday at 9. i can't really tell you much about bath salts other than i've accidentally eaten them once or twice lol

mdpv is waaaay worse than methylone
"bath salts" is a sort of legal camoflage. it always says not for human consumption and such. but people buy it to ingest it... who would give 10-20-30$ for 1/2 gram of salt & then trow it in the tub and have a relaxing time ? :D :D its best to avoid "bath salts" as you have no way of knowing if you are taking something inactive, active, overly active, fataly active
its best to stick with identified substances that you can acuratley dose and know what experiance&risks to expect from them

Branded RCs could be anything. Please don't put random drugs in your body.

We don't do substance IDs here at Bluelight. Get it sent to a lab for proper testing.

I am pretty sure what I had came from a online vendor selling it as methylone. I did not buy it from the vendor, but I am pretty sure my friend did. Not so concerned about substance ids. I was just curious of the whole bath salt nonsense. I guess it can be likened to spice. Weren't people putting jwh in spice... that's ridiculous.

I guess this sort of has to do with substance ids. I am curious about what was being marketed as bath salts.

Also why is mdpv way worse?

Can you explain your reasoning wayab? I don't know much about meth. I suppose meth is more addictive than MDMA, as well as easier to use more often. I feel things could get pretty bleak with an MDMA binge. I once used MDMA in 3 consecutive days. It wasn't that great. I feel it would have been easier to use meth for 3 days...

I'm not a frequent user of amphetamines, mdxx, or cathinones. I don't particularly like amphetamines. mdxx I like to space out a few months, very rarely once a month. And methylone is the only cathinone I have knowingly used, and only as of recently. It has been alright. I've used it 2-3 a month since I've had it.

I've binged on both Methylone and MDPV. What I found was that, intravenously, they are BOTH quite fiendish, but the psychotic aspects of the MDPV set it apart. Truly.

Methylone, I've found, is much more euphoric and a bit more expensive than MDPV, but I don't experience the same paranoia and compulsion to redose. As long as you are taking Methylone orally, you won't struggle too much with addiction. Snorting or shooting is increasingly dangerous, ESPECIALLY if you have a large quantity in your possession. Methylone is still 10x cheaper than MDMA/MDA, so I find it easier to justify binging than with more expensive empathogens.

My advice is this: Stay the FUCK away from MDPV. Take measured doses of Methylone. No more than one booster dose because your tolerance after a single dose is already SIGNIFICANT. If you find yourself breaking these rules, give your stash to your girlfriend/best-friend and instruct them not to give it to you.

literally just gave my stash to my bro. I joined this sight today to learn a bit more about MDPV as I have been taking it for 3-4 days now and havnt slept. I bought a half gram and I'm almost done it. I gave my brother all but 1 lil line I have left to give me the energy to get through the day

Dude, the way my brain feels like it's melting while I bask in mediocrity is just astounding.

I <3 bath salts. (but only the super unknown ones that are prob worst than MPPP in effect and neurotoxicity - shit I blew my cover).

Bath salts suck IMO, like a shitty version of speed with no euphoria. However, I want to get my hands on some containing mephedrone. Mephedrone = <3

They call em bath salts because they have to call them something. Generates less attention them calling them "latest legal designer stimulants".

When I first heard about bath salts, I heard about mdpv. I heard people were getting hospitalized and whatever other propaganda. I thought that it was some ridiculous shit.

"bath salts" was just a term they used to getting around selling legal highs,ie RCs. kinda like the cannabanoids were being sold as "plant fertilizer".they weren't just selling cathinones; they were selling whatever they could get their hands on that they heard was popular and legal. methylone,mephedrone,butylone,MDPV just to name a few. there were different names for the different chems..some of them contained mixtures.

Ppl really were being hospitalized; that was not propaganda. They had one particular kind called ****XXX*** that was a mixture, but mainly contained MDPV. a girlfriend of mine was telling me about this 'legal speed' she bought at the local head shop that was much like the real thing. she explained the high to me and i immediately knew it was mdpv. i told her to throw that shit in the trash, but she didnt listen. her and a group of her co- workers were splitting a pack in the mornings to get through the day; they thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. when she heard they were going to be banned she went and stocked up. well long story short, one night while drunk, she decided to take a whole pack, then snorted part of another a little while later. well two days later, she called me freaking out talking out of her head. i immediately went to her house and found her underneath her bed mumbling. her roomates didnt even know she was home..no one knew where she was fpr a couple days. she looked HORRIBLE. her skin was a pale-ish light yellow color and the corners of her lips and her fingertips looked like they were starting to turn blue. she was admitted into the hospital and kept there for almost a week. god knows what would have happened had she not called me..i dont even know if she meant to;my nickname begins w an A so im the first # in her phone. i think it was just luck.

that shit fucked her nerves up...bad. the most dangerous part about the " bath salts' fiasco was that there was no listing of ingredients or warnings on the pack; it looked just like the ones the spice blends come in. with unthreatening names and colorful packets, the particular one she had said only on the back something like: add up to 1/2 packet to hot water once daily..enjoy!
at least in the RC scene, part of the culture is based around resesrching these chems, using precise scales, precise dosages,etc. imagine if we had none of that and instead of a MSDS sheet, it just came in a pack like pop rocks and said take half-enjoy! ppl would be dropping dead left and right. and you are also misinformed if you think no one died. a few ppl died in my state bc of bath salts; they emergency scheduled all the chems on legal high sites as a result pretty much overnight. im actually glad they made the 'bath salts' illegal; i just wish the whole thing would have never happened. and the soulless bastards that were mixing that shit up and selling it-ugh. some ppl will do anything for a quick buck. disgusting imo. just glad the whole thing is iver and no one i know ODed.

Last edited:
Brand drug discussion is not wanted at Bluelight / PD.

So I'm gonna need a clear question here otherwise I'm gonna close this and ask you guys to just use the Main Threads for the different
compounds you are mentioning.

sorry about that solipsis if you were reffering to my response to him. i think he was just trying to figure out what they were and i was sending out a warning...but i edited out the name just in case. that crap should have never hit the market imo. i dont think the brand is even around anymore ;at least i hope not. that shit was dangerous, and god knows what all elase was even in it. something that causes vasoconstriction to the point of purple appendages. :shudder:

Thanks for being conscientious but I am generally referring to 'bath salts' which is not the name for 1 single compound but it can be several ones or even a mix.

This only results in a confusing discussion, different opinions about what can easily be different drugs.

Even if you want to talk about the general fact that drugs are sold on the internet under various names containing various things, that not everything is honestly marketed as the chemical... it would often still turn into confusing discussion.

Meanwhile it just seems best to me to get the message out that the best advice is to keep away from things with unknown ingredients, and to watch out in general with beta-ketones.

I apologize if I generated some brand discussion. It was not my true intent. I was mostly concerned with the connection between methylone and bath salts. I was also curious about the way bath salts were packaged. I think I have gotten the information I was looking for. I was unsure if they were being sold as a pure chemical or a mixture.

Thank you for your post plus4pirate. And thank you to everyone else that responded.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.