• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gantoris

Bluelighter
eyeDivider.gif

External Information Links:

eyeDivider.gif

Original post:

I was just wondering if anyone has any positive feedback about DXM, particually robotripping.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been my experience.....about 1/3 hate hate hate hate hate it hate it. 1/3 love it, and 1/3 are fairly indifferent or star out loving and end up hating it.
I had a good time on it when I had been taking paxil (this is probably not very safe). and when I stopped the paxil, it became quite terrible. I haven’t seen a lot of data indicating it is too harmful, but some suspect it causes Onley's Lesions with frequent use. I have my doubts about how "common" Onleys Lesion are and what they are caused by. I think the amount of liver and kidney damage you would get before the lesions became apparent would be fairly substantial. It is just so hard to control for environment in humans that hit the town a lot. …. This is just speculation in my circles though…..I have always felt pretty fried after taking it and don’t plan on ever having it again.

I have taken dxm twice (500mg powder both times) and i can say that i have had very positive experiences both times.
I like how it makes you feel extremely physically relaxed and emotionally complacent. I could just lay down and talk with my friends without a care in the world. Now i havent really experienced the "trip" part of the drug like some others have, but i enjoyed myself nonetheless.
My only minor negative experience was the initial nausea and vomiting on the second time. But this was due to my own stupidity of eating 3 blowpops and 7 airheads about 5mins prior to dropping :p
But as Dr Quack noted, there are some very negative physical effects when it comes to taking this drug, so i don't think i will be taking it more than a couple times a year..if that many.
[This message has been edited by TreasureCat (edited 09 August 2001).]

I'll put in a good word about DXM. In the 3 experiences that I have had with it; 2 were very enjoyable and enlightening, and 1 was a practically base-line 1st plateau trip. The 1st "good trip" was spent (alone, I know, bad) staring at my wall for 5 hours, seeing all sorts of colorful "fireworks" on the wall, and trying to walk to the bathroom every hour to pee. Crazy flanging under bright lights, extreme "robo-walk," the whole 9 yards. The culmination of that experience was Satan (in a good way) throwing red melted wax over my field of vision and having it run down it. (6 mg/kg)
The 2nd "good-trip" was a much more interesting trip because it involved moving around and being (relatively) active. Watched "Big Trouble In Little China" which was awesome. Went outside on a summer evening, where the sky was orange, and was just hit with the most amazing feeling of how great being outside is. When on car trips, had the greatest feeling of deja-vu I had ever had, reminding me an experience 5 years ago, when there was a fire near my house and the way the sky looked. Emotional in a very good way. Then a trip to a party with friends was nice, including tripping out a friend that had been smoking marijuana. All in all, a very magical experience. (~10mg/kg)

I've only had one experience with DXM. Though a very negative one, I can also see where DXM would be very fun. I was in Cleveland, OH for a party. Looooong before I knew of BL, neurotoxicity, damage, and what not. Ate two pills, one MDMA and one DXM. At first everything *rolled* right along, until about 45 minutes after I dropped when I started gettin mad crazy visuals ans sweating alot. I remember I was sooo nauseated, got sick, couldn't move for a while so I sat down with my water and this kid from Florida. Played with glowsticks, watched the visuals screen, and basically just tripped the hells out! I'd like to try it again, but in a relatively small dose. And after that...never again

I've done dxm a bunch of times and i gotta say it is mad fun. Drinking the syrup is nasty and u will proly puke on 8 ozs but when u are robo'ing and u gotta puke just puke it will make u feel 1000 times better. I cant drink that shit anymore tho its too nasty if u can get the pure dxm powder and toss some of that shit into a cap, that shit dont make u as naseus but the trip is kinda different its weird. anyway dxm is ill but dont do it alot cause i havent done it more then 30 times but i can tell it has made me dumber but it is so fun. HAve fun wit dat shit

I happen to really enjoy DXM although, its quite scary if you get a bad pill because you were an ass and didnt test it, and expect it to be E.
I've had about 6 experiences with it...5 amazing, and 1 really shitty. I've hit the 3rd plateau, and that can be a very very weird place to be--almost too intense, I dont want to know what 4 is like--but it can be cool too.
My shitty experience was b/c i was dicked w/ a pill like I said before...but other than that, I've really enjoyed myself--just tooling around the city buggin out, chillen out at a friend's house...its deffinately not a party drug, as i'm sure you are aware...but it can be really cool if you like that disassociative thing--be careful with your dose though, and i've experienced a little nausea on the comedown (i'm expecting that was b/c it was cough syrup that i triped off of and not a pure pill).
ohh yea--and weed is good, very very good.

One thing to mention, a lot of the negative aspects people associate with DXM aren't so much with the drug itself, but with COUGH SYRUP.
If you look up the agent lemon extraction (basically half an acid-base extraction using ammonia for a base, naptha as non-polar solvent, and lemon juice or any citric acid containing substance for the final step) it's incredibly simple to extract and makes for a much nicer trip. I find the trip from an agent lemon extract to actually be superior to that of pure DXM HBr powder, perhaps it's the lack of bromide that does it.

i fell into doing DXM almost two years ago. did it about 5-6 times. enjoyed it. quickly discovered that there are better drugs (for me) out there.
i'd probably do it again if i had the powdered form...and it was free...and i was bored
but no more coughsyrup for me

I've had it in syrups and powder at doses 200-800mg, but I never took a liking to it. Sometimes the high can be OK, but rarely more than that.
I always end up in bed awake,itching, sweating, and feeling like overall shit. Too bad I couldnt enjoy this very cheap and available drug.

I try to keep my dosing in the 900mg area and about twice a week maybe even longer, hopefully.
Your going to be on Oprah like that chick from Danville, PA, and theyre going to CAT-scan your head. THe doctor will say,
"See, these areas of the brain are damaged in a cubicle pattern."
Oprah will say,
"See folks! Ecstasy eats holes in your brain, and DXM eats squares in your brain!!"
Lol anyways, dont do it that often. I once ate DXM powder several days a week for like 2 weeks and months later my vision and thoughts were distorted. Not enough to interfere with my life, but enough that it was quite noticeable by myself.

I used to be a major proponent of DXM in this forum (check out the sig). I bought 30g of DXM in powdered form and made up 500mg caps. I had always enjoyed the DXM experience up to this point, but I feel that at some point it becomes to be a useless experience.
I say these things hesitantly because I feel that it does have uses for people in terms of opening up your mind to new ways of thinking. The last couple of times I did it, however, were very bad experiences. I felt as if I were some drugged out loser who couldn't understand anyone even if they tried. I began to feel very paranoid to the point where I thought I could read people's minds and they were planning something against me. This really disturbed me, as I am a VERY rational person and am skeptical on any thing. If this feeling seemed real to me while it was happening perhaps I would give it more credence - but it seems like every time I try high doses now all it does it make me feel like a drugged out alien who had done something messed up to my brain to make it go haywire.
I really do enjoy opening up my mind and enjoy taking entheogenic substances. It just seems that, for me, DXM has become a substance that no longer provides me with anything beneficial.

It seems like how you set up a dxm trip has a lot to do with the character of the trip. Once, I hurled intensely for 10 minutes, then layed down on my bed. I was stuck to my bed for the rest of my trip, floating away periodically. The next time I took it at a beach and walked around a lot with out puking. I was very active the second time and the nature of the trip was much more possitive. Both times was about 400 mgs. I like other things more, but I will probably do it again at some point in my life.
peace

on the occasions i've taken it, i tend to have annoying after-effects that gradually abate over the next two days or so. hard to concentrate... a little uncoordinated, etc.

I like to use DXM once in a while. I used to look at it as a dirty high that I just did whenever I didn't have anything else to do. Now, I have discovered new ways to use the drug that brings the most out of it. I found that just sitting in a dark place for the whole duration of the experience and listening to trance music yields an incredible self-exploration. You feel this energy building inside of you and unexplainable euphoria. It's almost like an MDMA type feeling. It's a really strange trip. The only way I can describe it is feeling like you are in the "Matrix."

DXM has given me some pretty profound experiences. Anything from my body coming apart on the molecular level to becoming a bump in the road in ancient rome to thinking I was at a real Phish concert.
Over the course of last year I did it maybe 8 times, each time at 360 mg in syrup. Then I got some powder and the trips started to suck, with more body load and a bad hangover. I got rid of the powder and took about 3 months off. Lately I started drinking the syrup again at the same dose, and have had the best trips ever. It has definitely not lost its magic, but the powder was some bad stuff.
Usually I take it with a few friends and we just chill and listen to music for the night. It's definitely a bonding experience. I think once every two weeks is about the most anyone should take it to completely avoid any bad side effects and health risks.
peace

i have done DXM a few too many to count and i have loved it all the times i have done it. i think the numbness helps my brain forget im attached to the ground. i have only had one "bad trip" (wasn't really that bad, just kind strange) i thought that i had fallen out of reality. it was almost like when you are playing a computer game and you use cheats to go though walls and you go past the end of the game. i would really like to try DXM + acid + nitrous, and when i do i will let you know how it went.

^^^
DXM + Nitrous is the most incredibly calm and soothing buzz you can imagine. If they made a pill that made you feel like that for 4 or 5 hours the mdma suppliers would be out of business.

I've only had one really bad experience with DXM, but at its best, this drug is *Excellent*!

Good enough, in fact, for me to ignore the stigma behind its use.

Status
Not open for further replies.