• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^your tolerance will never fully abate after hitting the high 3rd and 4th plateaus:\

Recently bought a batch of Nike ticks tested them to find no mdma but DXM was going to through them in the bin but decided to try them.

Psychedelic drugs scare the shit out of me (before hand). So I tend to avoid them probley should have looked up DXM before taking them. Though it would be a nice mild buzz.

Anyway long story short it was absolutely #1 amazing better than any mdma exp.
I ended up watching some REALLY trippy program called LEXX (season3) which turned out to be prefect and even got a prank phone call from complete strangers at 4:30am who just seemed to just laugh. :p (which turned out to be real)

very strange night! loved it.

Although it really messed me up for about 3 days afterwards. Sweaty & couldn't sleep 8( .

Last edited:
i have 2 bottles of delsym in my room im gonna do the dxm polisterex seperation i know the procedure for extracting it since its simple shit

but my question is how should i take the powder ive heard people say you have to take it with citric acid (mixing it with a shot of real lemon) is this true or could i just mix it in with grapefruit juice and down it or parachute it

also ive heard people say when taking pure dxm or close to pure dxm powder that you have to take a few cough gels or a bit of syrup since a chemical in dxm preperations allows it to be absorbed through the stomach. with out that chemical its just a waste of dxm and you wont get high at all. is this true. if so how many pills should i take im thinking of buying some robo cough gels and taking 5 with about 900 - 1200 mgs of dxm polisterex powder. is that a good ratio

also ive used dxm several times so a high dose shouldnt be a major worry and ive done up to 800 mg dxm polisterex before and 900 mg dxm hbr before and several 300 - 500 kmg doses. i just want to surpass the nausea and vileness of the syrup.

also anyone whos done the polisterex sepration how many mg's of dxm sould i expect to loose on average in total i have about 1350 mgs of dxm in the syrup. ideally id like a 900 mg trip. but im expecting to lose some as well as the fact that dxm polisterex is less intense how many milligrams of dxm polisterex would equal 900 mgs of dxm hbr in terms of intensity

answers would be appreciated thanks :)

Libotte said:
Recently bought a batch of Nike ticks tested them to find no mdma but DXM was going to through them in the bin but decided to try them.

Psychedelic drugs scare the shit out of me (before hand). So I tend to avoid them probley should have looked up DXM before taking them. Though it would be a nice mild buzz.

Anyway long story short it was absolutely #1 amazing better than any mdma exp.
I ended up watching some REALLY trippy program called LEXX (season3) which turned out to be prefect and even got a prank phone call from complete strangers at 4:30am who just seemed to just laugh. :p (which turned out to be real)

very strange night! loved it.

Although it really messed me up for about 3 days afterwards. Sweaty & couldn't sleep 8( .
what dose did you take?

nativenick said:
i have 2 bottles of delsym in my room im gonna do the dxm polisterex seperation i know the procedure for extracting it since its simple shit

but my question is how should i take the powder ive heard people say you have to take it with citric acid (mixing it with a shot of real lemon) is this true or could i just mix it in with grapefruit juice and down it or parachute it

also ive heard people say when taking pure dxm or close to pure dxm powder that you have to take a few cough gels or a bit of syrup since a chemical in dxm preperations allows it to be absorbed through the stomach. with out that chemical its just a waste of dxm and you wont get high at all. is this true. if so how many pills should i take im thinking of buying some robo cough gels and taking 5 with about 900 - 1200 mgs of dxm polisterex powder. is that a good ratio

also ive used dxm several times so a high dose shouldnt be a major worry and ive done up to 800 mg dxm polisterex before and 900 mg dxm hbr before and several 300 - 500 kmg doses. i just want to surpass the nausea and vileness of the syrup.

also anyone whos done the polisterex sepration how many mg's of dxm sould i expect to loose on average in total i have about 1350 mgs of dxm in the syrup. ideally id like a 900 mg trip. but im expecting to lose some as well as the fact that dxm polisterex is less intense how many milligrams of dxm polisterex would equal 900 mgs of dxm hbr in terms of intensity

answers would be appreciated thanks :)
You don't have to mix it with anything. The reason people mix it is because DXM is not water soluble and if you eat it by itself, it may take up to 3 hours for you to feel it. I just drink a can of coke after I either parachute the powder, or put it in capsules. Anything acidic will be fine, and grapfruit juice supposedly potentiates the high. I haven't gotten around to testing this myself, but from what I've read, certain compounds in grapefruit juice can keep ceratin drugs in your system longer by keeping them from being metabolized. The DXM zine issue 7 has much more info. http://dextroverse.org/zine/zine7/#5
You definately DON'T have to take the powder with some gelcaps or syrup, but do whatever makes you feel comfotable. Measuring accurate doses of pure DXM is extrememly hard in my experiences, since you don't get the full amount from the extraction. If you repeat the extraction process 3 times, you should have around 85% of the DXM you started with. Also, we can't really help you with dose info unless you tell us doses in terms of mg/kg.

Post the extracting method your using and I'll give you a rough estimate of the efficiency. After a quick search for delsym extractions I only found one, but the end result of that didn't give powder - just a more concentrated liquid - it could be quite easily be transformed to give freebase but it would be quite time consuming. Either way just post your extraction method.

Ive no idea what dose was in them took 1 nothing happened for 2 hours causing me to take 5 more then it hit me was an ow no if ones hit me like this im gunna be totalled in 30-60 minutes time. Stupid I know but it turned out amazing. 8(

What about Tramadol? I took 400mg with a lot of benzos at 3pm, now it's gonna be 0:00 and I plan on taking 300mg DXM, do you thik i'll be ok? Afte rreading his I think so, I also take loads of clonazepam a day so the seizures won't br a problem

I'm on efexor, when on 150mg I was worried enough about risking seratonin syndrome in taking only the medical dose of DXM containing cough syrup. I didn't know it wasn't widely researched, never thought about testing it. That tiny amount I did was alright anyway.

I'v robo tripped a few times while on lexapro. "an SSRI" and never had any problems. I actually had a much happier trip.

Combination Attempt

Well I'm about to take 300mg with 3mg of clonazepam, and ook tramadol aabout 10 hours ago, I should also take 400mg seroquel, but I*m gonna skip that...now down to drnk some sizzurp and coke, I also have trace ammounts of cocaine to do over the night, should be fun, and the only fun I'll be getting in months I guess, with everything I have to study and stuff, so let's blast off, in the name of science I'll experiment.
Regards, wish me a happy trip

-D.

------------------------------

I'm peaking atm, listenin to one of my fav albums Self- Subliminal Plastic Motives and drinking whiskwy nd coke, I live in a big tower over a bi avenue so I've been gettng fun screwing people over with a laser pointer.....childish I know, but there's nothing they can do and it's a good 2bd plateau tripå, as a matter pf fact I might add tramadol to th combo when it wears off. already did all the coe but gonna do gummmycigs. dp cigs in letover cocaine....wellll Ima rambölin' n and trippin' just wnted to let ypou know that you dont get serotnin syndrome....so far so good

------------------------------

no signs of sertonin syndrome and I redosed 375mg tramadol at 15hours local time (-3GMT), so I'd say go and do tramadol and take dxm, don't be afraid.

[Please note that this does not mean it is safe to mix SSRIs/Tramadol and DXM!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, once I took a bunch as a kid with my Paxil and my leg wouldn't stop twitching and my brain cells were frying (I might've been tripping, but I could literally smell my brain frying).

Another time, I took 1400mg DXM + 225mg effexor, and could walk perfectly fine, no problems at all (this was after being diagnosed as a schizophrenic as well). I was actually aiming for 2100mg DXM, but I threw up the third bottle.

Many moons ago, when I was still in high school (perhaps even jr. high), I combined 300mg DXM with 37.5mg Paxil, and had a pretty good time. I experienced no negative effects. Not to say I would choose to repeat the experience... Ugh... Now, even thinking of DXM makes me gag!!

I purposely self-induced seratonin syndrome by mixing 250mgs paxil and 2,700mgs of dxm (suicide attempt). Although I survived, I was in hell for a week afterwards mentally/emotionally/physically. I think the one thing that kept me afloat in this conciousness was clonazepam and its efficacy at preventing seizures which seems to be the prime factor of mortality in seratonin syndrome.

Shortly thereafter I quit paxil but still used dxm sporadically. So, seratonin syndrome is possible by combining ssri's with an nmda antagonist.

i did lex and dxm

i used to be on 20mg lexapro, and take up to 600mg of DXM.
I never had any problems.
when i stopped taking my lexapro, and took the usual 600mg dxm i usually take, the effects were by far more stronger, i went from a usual 3rd plateu straight into a 4th plateu, where strange beings implanted glowing material into my brain, the procedure lasted about 10 mins, i think it also ended my curiousity of DXM, i have achieved what i wanted from it, and somehow havent felt (since that day) that a DXM trip would even be nice. I saw the beings at candy mountain, thats enough for me =D
I think lexapro reduces DXM effects.
HOWEVER
i dont think its a matter of chemical vs chemical - its definetely a matter of MIND vs chemicals.
I also took DXM on lexapro AND zyban at one stage, noticed less overall tripiness(and later on read about the increase risk of olneys lessions with the zyban DXM combo.)
I say try it out, but work on ur doses and build up slowly. itll take ages to get ur perfect dose (leaving a week between each dose difference to avoid tolerance)
=D

Merged some posts about DXM and SSRIs into the Big and Dandy DXM thread. Where they belong ;)

I've done DXM several times. All experiences were very enjoyable with techno music! My first experience was a bit scary and I was very confused and lost track of times and events. But after that, I knew what was going on more. I took 240mg all three times. Going to up the dose next time to 300mg. I've done it alone twice. The other time I did it with a friend and she fell asleep! -_-

I have Robitussin DX Dry Cough Forte, and it states that it contains Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30mg/10L. That sounds like a lot!
I am not taking any chances, I just had 50mL to try the first plateau out a little.

72 kg x 2.5mg/kg

I hope weed, poppers and nitrous go well on it, because I am about to hit all 3 of them :) cheers!

600mg in the bottle, a bottle is a lot of fun :D but you made a smart choice starting with 150mg - its a good starting dose. Personally I got quite a lot out of my first trip with a similar dose, it would have been 100x better with nitrous though! :)

Posting in regards to combining DXM with alcohol: once I started using Robogels (as opposed to the sizurp) to trip on DXM every so often, all first-plateau doses (~250mg,) the high was much cleaner more comfy in my stomach, but I would always have this nasty hangover into the next day, even when I had fully come down by 11:00PM, and although hard to explain it felt like the DXM/DXO was taking foreverrrrr to leave my body. Definitely not a comfy feeling.

So the most recent time I did it, I decided to have one standard mixed drink with the robogels, and one standard drink while coming down and VOILA!!!! About 6hrs after dosing I felt perfectly normal. Slept fine. Woke up refreshed the next day as I used to w/ a first plateau dose of DXM. Therefore, I'm suspecting the alcohol had something to do with "cleaning up" the DXM as it's the only thing I did differently for this trip. I read that DXM is easily dissolved in alcohol; could this be the reason that I didn't get a hangover? I wondering if anyone had similar effects combining DXM with alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.