• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) If your taking a drug be ready for the after effects. I suggest you dont take it, if you dont like what comes after

2) Talk to people, masterbate ALOT

Well , i havnt done dxm in a while cuz the next day is pretty shitty , i suggest a shower the next morning that usually helps me by about 50 % , smoke a nice joint or bowl and whatever tickles ur fancy . same with the night of doing the dxm if you have pot it should make things a lil easier goin . i found that happened to me anyway.

as far as falling asleep i find it ineveitable . you will fall asleep at some point but you can always try walking around in where ever your tripping .

DXM was the first drug i ever really tripped hard off of and loved it ever since the first time i had it...good stuff

2) Talk to people, masterbate ALOT

It's kinda hard for me to get it up on DXM, and I have almost always tripped alone

DXM was the first drug i ever really tripped hard off of and loved it ever since the first time i had it...good stuff

It was my second, after shrooms. Not as euphoric and visually detailed.....but more intense. DXM turns a music track into a mystical journey. I took only 150 mg my first time; had a mild buzz and words on my screen kept swaying back and forth for the day after. The second time, I took 711 mg, being the most intense psychedelic experience at that time. I was nearly completely dissociated from my body, listening to Orbital, taking the music for a ride (literally) while my walls turned into free-flowing oriental rugs

"tussin", was fun, i couldn't believe you could go into cvs and buy something to make you trip.

some notable tussin adventures -

seeing trainspotting alone in a packed theater - had a tough time separating the film from reality; hence that film has really stuck with me over the years.

dosing on halloween, dressing up as "ellen degeneres on crack" riding the T alone to meet friends. weird inside and out

time lapse flip out after smoking weed on tussin, i thought i was caught in a time loop kinda thing, a la star trek.

eating pot brownies at a party whilst already heavily tussined; the only memories are a GIANT glass bowl of marbles smashing on a hardwood floor (vaguely remember being the cause)

DON'T DRIVE ON DXM

What dont you like about the after affects of DXM man? I find the hangover quite enjoyable, its like a mini trip. Try tripin durring the day after a good nights sleep, may help you stay up. I know when i trip at night i tend to want to fall asleep too. Also try some caffeine pills, or coffee. And if you dont want the after affects to be as pronounced just dont take so much dxm.

if you keep doing dex you wont be able to sleep on it at all until 5-6 hours into the trip. i used to fall asleep on dxm until i started doing it a lot.

enslavedyouth said:
if you keep doing dex you wont be able to sleep on it at all until 5-6 hours into the trip. i used to fall asleep on dxm until i started doing it a lot.

Same here, never used it a lot but when i did i usually could sleep without a problem. If i fell asleep before the peak, I always woke up feeling fantastic..don't know why but I only ever got that from DXM.
Havn't touched it in months now, problaby never will again either, even if its easily found in pill form here.

Last edited:
DXM and Lethichin - Amazing.

After reading a FAQ that mentioned the beneficial effects
of lecithin in combination with DXM(found in most drug or grocery stores) i decided to try it myself.
The effects were quite amazing and I urge fellow DXM users to try this.
I would not take DXM again without Lecithin. I found that ALL nausea was eliminated, in previous experiences high doses of DXM left me incapacitated
and stupid but DXM and Lethicin allows me to use 100 % of my minds potential, not to mention euphoria is enhanced trifold! With this combination I have tripped
of 500 mg in class with no one knowing anything!:D
If anyone else has had positive results with this please respond and have fun trying this out!
pardon my spelling mistake in the title, its 'Lecithin'

Last edited:
Lecithin is a precursor for choline (which is a precursor for acetylcholine, one of the primary neurotransmitters).

Lecithin is not very bioavailable (I cannot remember its bioavailability off the top of my head, but it is low).

I'm not sure why one would choose lecithin as a source for acetylcholine (presumably from which the main effects are being experienced). Why not centrophenoxine or alpha-GPC or even CDP-choline? Lecithin does taste good in smoothies, though. ;)

It would be interesting (and perhaps foolhardy) to experiment mixing nootropics with psychedelics. It has been mentioned on this board, and others, that nootropics mix unpredictably with psychedelics, however, this is a rather misleading stance. Just because it is possible piracetam (and other racetams) mix unpredictably with psychedelics does not mean others will. There are hundreds of different nootropics, with a wide array of actions (spreading across multiple different nuerotransmitters and receptors). More data is needed to be able to determine this. I would bet that certain nootropics synergize extremely well with psychedelics.

I do not suggest mixing nootropics and psychedelics.

Lecithin contains more than just choline (or more accurately in lecithin's case, phosphatidylcholine). It also contains phosphatidylserine and choline, and some beneficial fatty acids. That's why I use it, although I also use a bit of centrophenoxine as it is definitely better at increasing acetylcholine.

But yes, I would definitely agree that it's a bad idea to start mixing nootropics and psychedelics. I've had one of my two most profound trips mixing DMAE and piracetam, but it was horrendously terrifying and out of control, and I would not repeat it. I've mixed piracetam and/or lecithin with two other psychedelics as well: it made 5-MeO-MiPT feel like the flu and completely unpsychedelic, and it made AMT feel exactly the same (these two were mistakes - I take nootropics daily and I had forgotten that I had even taken them). But many wild and unpredictable effects have been reported from mixing nootropics with psychedelics, and very little is known about it. So proceed with extreme caution, or better yet, not at all.

If you must try mixing a nootropic, however, I would stay far away from piracetam or any 'racetam. In my experience they (piracetam anyway) creates hugely unpredictable and powerful effects.

Xorkoth said:
But yes, I would definitely agree that it's a bad idea to start mixing nootropics and psychedelics. I've had one of my two most profound trips mixing DMAE and piracetam, but it was horrendously terrifying and out of control, and I would not repeat it.

Just to clarify, your experience was combined with the addition of another psychedelic (2CE iirc?). DMAE (one of two active components of centrophenoxine) and piracetam are both nootropics and synergize together with good results (with no psychedelics!).

Yes, the time I purposely combined nootropics and psychedelics was with 2C-E, piracetam, and DMAE (before I found centrophenoxine).

And if you think piracetam and centro/DMAE synergize well, you should add hydergine to the mix! Without psychedelics, of course. I take that combination as a daily mental enhancer/tonic, and it works wonderfully.

ive had nothing but good effects and ive been doin this for awhile
trifold indeed
i have heard of people mixing piracetam with psychedelics but never lecithin
also i would classify dxm as more of a dissociativethan a psychedelic however
it is a psychedelic nevertheless.

um i would try a store like gnc
its usually real cheap like 5-10 bucks for 250 grams is what i get it for

Wait, wait, wait ... how is lecithin suppose to potentiate/improve the high of DXM? This is the first time I heard of this.

Because it helps to increase the level of acetylcholine in the brain, as well as some other neurological alterations. However, it is not "supposed to" improve or potentiate the high. One person here has said that it did for them one time. Nootropics (of which lecithin is one) have a wide range of effects on all kinds of drugs, especially psychedelics/dissociatives, which vary from person to person and even from experience to experience for the same person. Just because one person found it far better doesn't mean you would. In fact, it might be worse for you, or even dangerous.

Personally, I doubt lecithin would be dangerous combined with DXM. I'm just saying it could be, so be very careful. I don't think much study at all has been done on combining nootropics and psychedelics.

Status
Not open for further replies.