• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zicam max is just regular DXM HBr, I think its the Zicam Night that is the extended release - not sure though because neither are sold in Australia.

Use those mint tab things that dissolve in like 10 seconds, lay about ten on your tongue, hold your nose and slam it all at once, keep holding your nose and drink a glass of water and then immediately proceed to brush your teeth.

extended release / polistirex will do the job ... it just takes a while longer to get there (t+4hrs) ... but it has an epic quality to it and the slow ease into the high is nice. i prefer it over regular hbr.

i dexed last night for the first time in about 5 years. im not sure how many mg's i drank but it was 2 bottles. no visuals but it was a very ketamine like experience. i had deep thoughts and i was kind of euphoric. i watched alice in wonderland and just had a good time. the only thing i didnt like about it was the ouchie head ache after wards. overall i really have respect for dxm.

I just removed exactly 321 posts from this thread. That brought it down from 17 pages to 4!! Enjoy, the new improved Big & Dandy DXM Thread! (Stay tuned for more B&D prunings all week long)

=D

zicam nite does not have polistirex... in fact it seems to kick in faster and last shorter than any other otc product. it's my favorite for how hard it hits.

i am a dxm addict. i dex every day taking a break ("quitting") for a few days every couple weeks.
theres no physical withdrawal but the mental withdrawal is extremely easy to give into considering how easy dxm is to get and the overall lack of negative effects.
i love dxm. i love the music euphoria, movement euphoria and increased creativity on lower doses. i love that on higher doses the "trip" will actually take you on a trip to different worlds.
dxm is the shit.

enslavedyouth said:
i am a dxm addict. i dex every day taking a break ("quitting") for a few days every couple weeks.
theres no physical withdrawal but the mental withdrawal is extremely easy to give into considering how easy dxm is to get and the overall lack of negative effects.
i love dxm. i love the music euphoria, movement euphoria and increased creativity on lower doses. i love that on higher doses the "trip" will actually take you on a trip to different worlds.
dxm is the shit.

dxm binges can be fun and all, but they sure arent good for you. slow down, take supplements that can help increase cognitive and memory effects such as ginko biloba. piracetam is said to be extremely helpful for recovering after a long dex binge.

Any body else get the noticeable dxm hangover the morning after? After doing moderate doses 450+mg, i allways get these crazy hangovers the morning after. Its like im still dissosiated just a little bit, and if i move my head too fast i get these trails, its like a little bonus from the night before, i like it. Lasts maybee half the day in some cases. Might sound crazy but its somethin i look forward too everytime i trip.:)

enslavedyouth said:
dxm is the shit.

I'm glad DXM has been good to you, and I don't mean to lharp on you at all. I just want to share my opinion on your statement...

I abused DXM one summer. Of course, I only did it 10 times over 2 months, but by the end, every time I took it I felt like I was killing my soul. I can't understand how you experience a relative lack of side effects. To me, DXM lingers in my body and mind for 48 hours or more, making me feel apathetic, stupid, braindead, and just generally shitty and anxiety-ridden.

Of course, I realize I react badly to DXM, and that not everyone does. However, please don't allow yourself to think that you can continue on the way you have been with your DXM use and not be damaged by it. It's a dangerous drug when taken beyond a reasonable usage level. I have a friend who began using DXM every day his senior year of high school. A year later he was barely recognizable as the person he used to be. He was just gone. Perhaps he had schizophrenia latent in his genes (I don't actually know what diagnosis he received). But judging by my own experiences along with that guy I knew, I would say that you're on the way to some serious irreversible damage.

Good luck man... I hope you can avoid that path.

colors said:
extended release / polistirex will do the job ... it just takes a while longer to get there (t+4hrs) ... but it has an epic quality to it and the slow ease into the high is nice. i prefer it over regular hbr.

I read something in the DXM FAQ about this, because I was wondering why polistirex seems so -different- than HBr, and just why exactly a time release preparation says (on a box of Delsym for example) "equivalent to [6mg/ml] of Dextromethorphan HBr" (although it expresses it in teaspoons).

DXM is metabolized in DXO in the body, and DXM and DXO have different effects. Typically a certain higher percentage of what you consume gets converted to DXO leaving relatively little DXM actually built up in your system. This gives the trip a certain type of character.

However, DXM itself can inhibit the enzyme that breaks it down into DXO. When you take a time release preparation, it's slowly weakening your body's ability to break down DXM into DXO. This means that at recreational doses, you'll have a much higher concentration of DXM to DXO in your system than you would just taking DXM HBr. This is also why spaced, smaller doses of HBr put you at Plateau Sigma.

I thought this was incredibly interesting, and figured I'd mention it. The DXM Faq is a hell of a neat read if you enjoy using this chemical. It's obviously all explained much better in there. :)

^ hey thx, good points!

i'll sum up the entry you're talking about (4.4 in the FAQ).

ratio in blood:
+ DXM = cognitive craziness (but increased toxicity :( )
+ DXO = foggy dissociation

so to achieve a higher ratio of DXM to DXO (and experience this alternate type of trip), use timed release or span out your dosing of regular hbr.

for those who have not experienced it, the difference may change your whole opinion on this chem.

I've found out that drinking just one beer on DXM greatly potentiated the effects, gave it less of a disassociative feeling, more of a generally stoned feeling. That's just me, though. I wouldn't drink more than that on DXM because of the potential for baad nausea from the combo, but I had no nausea at all from just one beer.

IMO the only time alcohol should be mixed with DXM is dissolving DXM Freebase to aid absorbtion - personally DXM Citrate can be too random to reliably dose and no idea how to make DXM HCl or HBr.

It also makes the comeup more enjoyable, if its just a single shot you'll just be a bit lightheaded and then it will have completely gone by the time the DXM is working its magic.

The DXM afterglow is half the reason why I do DXM, it's not as intense as the actual trip and you can go out and do fun stuff

What can I do to keep my heart rate down while tripping on DXM? I love the DXM trip, but my heart rate (100 ~ 120 bpm) always gives me anxiety

Don't think about, yes it is high and it was the main thing that in the past prevented me from enjoying doses above 1 gram, but its just in your head - its not healthy but it isn't too dangerous in the short term.

I find smoking weed sends my heart racing so perhaps cut that out if you do currently smoke with dxm.

Xanax would help, but I imagine it would also make the trip very boring.

rogan said:
Xanax would help, but I imagine it would also make the trip very boring.

benzos mix ok with dxm ime ... just use moderately. i find klonopin increases the visuals but make things a bit more confusing. i can't comment as to the effect on heart rate ... but i think it's safe to experiment with a bit and see if it helps.

Last edited:
DXM After effects

Hey bluelighters and greenlighters. I have 2 questions:
1.) How do you avoid the after effects of DXM.
2.) How to stay awake.
Now I know these questions may sound stupid but I haven't heard ne one give the answer if they were ever asked. Both these questions are linked to my experiences. Sometimes when I take DXM (yes everything i take is DXM only) I keep myself occupied so that I don't fall asleep, such as watching a movie playing on the computer etc. But I tend to fall asleep and wont wake up till morning. Why is that? Of course you all know that closing your eyes (CEV's) is very nice for tripping...but doing that may also trigger me going to sleep. That's about it ...help a fellow bluelighter out. Your coments and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.