• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically PEG-400 is something to aid in absortion along with alcohol. You can order PEG-400 in bulk (check froogle) or you can just get the Robo/DexAlone gelcaps. Take 3 - 4 of them about 30 - 45min before dosing the DXM powder and then enjoy. Should the same as dosing syrup without the nastiness and the same absortion.

DXM is a pretty good drug if you ask me. Most will say OMG DXM IS FOR HIGHSCHOOLERS LOLZ KETAMINE ROXXORZ YOU "BECUZ ITS ILLEGAL111!111!1

but yeh it's carriers a stronger body load and the duration is way longer (which is a plus in my opinion). Ketamine is what 3 hours for like $40. Way too expensive and the plus side is you hardly remember dissociatives might aswell spend less for a more intense and longer trip.

DXM + Cannabis is one of the most euphorik drug experiences I have had and I usually despise cannabis (still do but I may make an exception one day for DXM, it is that good).

Oh yeah, DXM + Cannabis at the 3 hour mark after dosing DXM will send you straight into space if you were just floating above the surface before ;)

Feels like it makes the trip 2x as strong, sometimes, so be prepared.

I actually had a really serious panic attack on this combo once, which caused me to have mild panic attacks on cannabis alone for over a year on occasion. But I blame that a bit on set and setting (tripping with my parents sleeping in the next room isn't ideal).

So, yeah, DXM + Cannabis is incredible.... almost *mandatory!* ... but go slow and easy on the weed, you don't need much at all.

Alright I just tried out my regime that I suggested and it works fantastic.

Here is what I did and ended up with no nausea until then end and it was very little not enough to puke:
50mg of diphenhydramine 45 minutes before taking the gelcaps
6 gelcaps of Rite Aid Tussin Brand Gelcaps [15mg of DXM each]

I dosed 2 gelcaps every 20 minutes until the last one. Then I waited until 40 minutes and dosed a 250mg cap of DXM every time the hour was at :40. I ended up taking a total of 6 gelcaps and 2 250mg powder caps.

About 4 hours prior to dosing I had eating a helping of potatoes with green onions and I had no problems keeping it down.

No diarrhea or GI problems and surprisingly for me only an extra amount of sweat during the gelcaps and I usually sweat alot on DXM. If anyone wants to give this a run I would be interested in seeing their experiences :)

Hope this was of some help.

I was browsing "Ask Dr. Shulgin" and bumped into this, in a question about DXM:

"My first exploration of this world was about 40 years ago, with a rather large number of Romular Capsules. I did not particularly enjoy it, and I never repeated it."
- http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/dxm.htm

Do you think this clearly means, that DXM is a bad substance, because Dr. Shulgin doesn't like it and he's the messiah of psychedelic drugs? :D

While I greatly respect the Shulgins, I must say, they are only human and as such , the way in which they react to and enjoy substances may different in comparison to you and I.

Not everyone enjoys disocciatives, and I think a low dose DXM experience is a good way to introduce someone to the realm if they are scared of ketamine. I would RATHER people take a lose dose of ketamine because I find it to be much more euphoric. I know a lot of people would have a panic attack if they were to come close to a k-hole experience, and if you are the type that holds back and fights substances in your body, then I would not say disocciatives are for you.

I'm one of those types that actually needs to analyze everything that is happening in my body but there comes a point where you just let go and let the experience carry you away. If you consider the disocciative head space as a pool of water, then you could see ketamine as a beautiful tempress that massages you as you slip into the pool, where as DXM just grabs you with its hand and takes you by the fist full of hair and throws you in.

Don't you ever get scared of it, that you wouldn't get back from the place DXM drags you? If you start feeling so miserable in the place you ended up in, that you wouldn't like to stay there for a second anymore, and then you get the thought "What if I will stay here forever?". :\

That kind of stuff really scares me about high dose of dissociatives. I think I'm only humane to be afraid of something like that.

Of course I do...which is why I my last three attempts with DXM have been horrific. It is like my mind gets shanked to the same place it was the last bad trip, and I feel like I am going to die or atleast be in that eternal state of fear forever. It became so overwhelming last time that I ended up blacking out. (atleast memory says this...I might of just been shot into a full disocciative experience without proper memory to recollect what I experienced)

I don't really understand how people can do this every day or every other day. The experience is just so alien that it doesn't feel right to be in it that long. I was rather addicted to ketamine at one point in time, and used it about twice to three times a week. It was more for the euphoria of the experience, and not for learning. That is something I am ashamed of but atleast I got out of it.

I guess being stuck in the discocciative head space is heaven for some, hell for others.

I did DXM numerous times but was also on SSRIs at the time so my experiences were very intense. I am almost positive I was bordering on seratonin syndrome during a couple of those trips.. DXM in low doses isn't very fun and doing syrup its hard to get to a high lvl trip because the taste is so godaweful. The trip itself at those levels is profoundly unnerving. Time will seem to slow dramatically and auditory hallucinations will take place. Id compare it to Acid but thats only because of my limited experience with both. The overall feeling of DXM is dark though as you become disorientated and gradually lose sense with physical reality (seperation of mind/body occurs far into a high level trip).

I've also mixed mushrooms and dxm but that wasn't very enjoyable. It felt like I was being pulled in 2 contradictory directions and overall wasn't a good feeling hahaha.

Ok I just want to confirm dosage here...

If I've got a 237mL bottle of DXM only syrup, which is 15mg/5mL syrup, the entire bottle would contain 711mg of DXM, correct?

From what I've read 700mg is probably too high for first DXM trip. Maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the bottle would be ideal.

That's correct, both about the total amount in the bottle and that 711mg is too much for your first time. Are you looking for an intense experience? If I were you, I would definitely take about 100mg first to test to see if you're deficient in the enzyme necessary to safely process DXM - you most likely aren't, but a high enough percentage of the population is that you most definitely want to take that test dose first, because if you're deficient and you take even a relatively low full dose, you could end up in the hospital. If the 100mg doesn't do much or anything at all to you, then you'll be fine to take whatever dose you want for your second trip, although I'd probably limit it to 300-400mg for your first full trip just to make sure you like it before you commit yourself to a 12+ hour long trip from hell. If the 100mg gets you all fucked up and sick, then don't ever take DXM again.

You can always and easily get more DXM... best to go into this as safely as possible.

If I split the dosages up over ~2 hours, isn't it going to effect the trip?

DXM is broken down into DXO, DXM and DXO have different effects. See the DXM faq for more information - I think it is related to the saturation of certain enzymes, which IMO if your first dose is 100mg probably won't be enough to saturate.

So yes it will definitely effect the trip, but not in a significant way.

The highest dose of DXM I've ever taken was 1400 milligrams and I was around 170 lbs. Let me just say this: Half the trip I cannot remember, and I was completely immobile and paralyzed from the anaesthesia (I probably could have gotten minor surgery and not feel a thing) and the other half was the most unimaginable mind-fuck ever known to my existence. Just imagine ripping your brain out of your skull with your hand, drowning it in hydrochloric acid solution and planting a garden with the remains.

Further-more, I'd like to say a word to the dear folks that have been so heavily impacted by this wonderful substance: There are people like you that have felt this magick, have learned from it, and if you're like me, we know share the genetic code that has adapted to accept the dextromethorphan molecule so easily and readily as to accept the pure comfort, empathy, childhood experiance, love and honor that we hold to this compound. My biology has become a mere extension of the molecule, and if I shall pass on the genetic material to future child. DMX. Is. A. Part. Of. Me.

Can someone give me a breakdown on why when you drink alcohol while on DXM, you are trashed after a beer or two?

I tried searching the forums but "DXM & ALCOHOL" are too vague to pull any real results.

alcohol and dxm isnt safe, i wouldnt even do that. the last thing i want to do on dex is drink alcohol. smoke weed on dxm instead. the reason you get so drunk after one or two drinks is becuase your combining it with a substance that already makes you feel dissociated.

and my life has also been drastically changed by this substance, i love it. dxm pumps through my veins

First time.. I took 150 mg, I weigh about 130 lb, and I didn't feel a thing. I took the gel caps and they seemed forever to kick in, and once they did, it was barely noticeable, if anything at all. At some points I felt like my eyes were slightly laggy, and when I closed my eyes, I sort of felt like I was moving, but that was it, and it was extremely minimal. I was really dissapointed, as I thought this would get me to the first platuea, but it really didn't do anything whatsoever. Should I try taking more next time?

yes. 150mg is barely anything IMO, 300mg is much more fun. I have yet to dive into the 400mg+ realm though.

Zicam Questions

Does anyone here know if Zicam Cough Mist Max has the regular or extended release form of DXM? I remember reading on here that it has the polystirex form of DXM instead of hydrobromide but it says on the bottle "Dextromethorphan HBr". Am I thinking of something else or did Zicam change?

Is there anything you can use to hide the taste of it? Is there something you can drink to coat your mouth so the taste doesn't stick? Or what is the best thing to chase it with to get rid of the taste?

And does anyone know for sure how much DXM is actually in one bottle of this? I keep seeing 540 mg. but I think that is for Zicam Nite and just gets repeated for this stuff. How much liquid is in each spray? It is 6 mg. per spray but I can't figure out exactly how much each spray dispenses. I've looked all over the place but it seems like the amount of liquid in each spray is a closely guarded secret of the Zicam makers.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Whatever is on the label is what the bottle contains. If it says DXM HBr, and if it says 540mg, then it must contain those. They don't just make a label for one of their products and then repeat it for all the rest of them... that would be quite illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.