• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surrprised you even get a hangover off a first plateau dose. Ive allways loved the next day after doing 400+, got a nice afterglow about it.

Quick question guys...

The one time I did do DXM I bought the pure DXM cough gels(Totalled 600mg) and orally ingested them with water in about 10 minutes.

Now what struck me ass odd, is that they didn't really 'hit' me at all until about
T+2 hours.

I didn't feel much in the room of plateaus... I was suddenly thrust into confusing, blurry and numb state which lasted maybe 3-4 hours.

I couldn't feel my face or anything at all, and I could not see any detail on people's face (They were just blobs)...

Walking was impossible, and I was literally 'robo-walking', extremely stiff, unable to move my arms..

Every time I blinked my vision would 'reset' properly then drift on angle to the right, so it made focusing very very hard.

Overall the trip was a confusing time for me, and when I did close my eyes I felt as though I was just a point floating in space, and a few spiraling visuals took place but nothing to write home about...

What I'm wondering is, as with other disassociates, is laying in bed with the lights off the best way to experience this? Would my trip on the 600mg dose qualify as a third plateau trip?

Thanks

^The only way to really measure accurate doses of dxm is in terms of mg/kg IMO. 600mg is not enough to produce a 3rd for me, however, it could for you.
I think somewhere around 13mg/kg is good for nice 3rd.

That would suggest I would need 1040mg of DXM for the 3rd plateau... (I weigh about 81kg)

I'm reading through the Erowid DXM FAQ, and it seems what I experienced was definitely a second plateau trip with some elements from the third.

sounds good. I haven't yet taken a gram yet but I plan to soon, but right now I'm still comfy around 850.

I'll be trying DXM very soon, probablly about 900mg.

To avoid getting caught, I may spend the entirety of the trip laying in bed with the lights off. In this case, should I bother with music?

France said:

To avoid getting caught, I may spend the entirety of the trip laying in bed with the lights off. In this case, should I bother with music?
I've done this many times before! It's awesome, I usually have some techno music playing and the windows player open (the visualizer) playing on my computer screen so I can just stare at it when I get bored.

the perfect set up is simply a dark room, a place to lie down, and some music. no lights at all. just lie back and close your eyes. it will come to you.

if its youre first time i wouldnt do 900. that would wipe your mind clean for days! you would literally feel mentally retarded for at least a day, but with a strange body-high to boot. for your first time id recommend anywhere from 180-360 mg depending on your weight.

I've had 600mg before, and may wait on the 900mg...

perhaps 750mg would be suitable, just enough to breakthrough to a third plateau.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be dosing sometime next week when the house is free.

^I usually up the dose by 50mg after each trip. YMMV, but jumping by 300mg in dosage is a huge leap IMO.

France said:

If you have never tried dxm before it's pretty important to do a "tester" dose of 75mg or 80mg, you want to figure out whether or not your are enzyme deficient or not. If are you indeed enzyme deficient and you take the dose you are planning on you may have the unpleasant surprise tripping for an extremely long period of time (potentially a lot longer than desired).

A friend of a friend actually took some dxm (I don't know what his dose was) and they had a great night or whatnot, well when everyone woke up the guy was still tripping.

Just get your feet wet before you jump all the way in. :)

I've got a question for our chemists around here:

Is it possible to convert DXM-Hydrobromide to DXM-Citrate?

With limited effort of course :)

has anyone tried dxm with ketamine? ive always thought eating about 750 and then doing 100mg of k would be quite the experience....ive been searching but cant find any info on the combo....

thx delta_9 but i've got DXM-Hbr Powder out of gelcaps and no syrup.

I want to convert it to avoid the nausea. Its my biggest enemy concerning Dextromethorphan^^

If you've already got dxm hbr crystals, then just follow the last part of the extraction about turning the freebase into agent lemon(dxm citrate). You'll have to drink the agent lemon since you don't have capsules and it'll be nasty, but you can reduce it down to about an ounce or so.
I've done this extraction a bunch of times but for some reason, never went all the way and made agent lemon:\ ....the pure crystals were always enough to keep the nausea away for me. Since I always used to drink that nasty syrup or eat like 50 of those gelcaps, I'd always still get a bunch of inactive ingrediants and other bullshit that made me sick, so the pure crystals were like the cleanest tripe ever=D

delta_9 said:
If you've already got dxm hbr crystals, then just follow the last part of the extraction about turning the freebase into agent lemon(dxm citrate).

Hmm, cant find it there :( I have to admit that i'm not that good in english... Damn it.
Or is it just mixing the Dex with lemon juice (what ratio) and then boiling it up?^^
delta_9 said:
I've done this extraction a bunch of times but for some reason, never went all the way and made agent lemon:\ ....the pure crystals were always enough to keep the nausea away for me. Since I always used to drink that nasty syrup or eat like 50 of those gelcaps, I'd always still get a bunch of inactive ingrediants and other bullshit that made me sick, so the pure crystals were like the cleanest tripe ever=D

I'm from Germany and there are 20x30mg Gelcaps available for about 5$/€.
But that doesnt make me happy if my stomach is a bitch...

Last edited:
Oh sorry man, should've read that before I link it...:|
yeah the dxm molecules will bind to the lemon juice, so just boil it slowly and as much as you can(it's gonna taste real bad) your gonna want the absolute least amount of liquid possible in the final product.
umm, not really sure about the ratio...I suppose as much dxm as you want to trip(Xmg).

delta_9 said:
Oh sorry man, should've read that before I link it...:|
yeah the dxm molecules will bind to the lemon juice, so just boil it slowly and as much as you can(it's gonna taste real bad) your gonna want the absolute least amount of liquid possible in the final product.
umm, not really sure about the ratio...I suppose as much dxm as you want to trip(Xmg).

Thank you very much :) I'll try the process tomorrow with 300mgs and a few milliliters of lemon juice but i think its gonna be difficult to boil this small amount...

However, have a good night. Maybe ill report tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.