• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

drugs documentary?

cheeseface

Greenlighter
Can you recommend a drugs documentary from recent times? I've watched Drugs Inc and The World's Most Dangerous Drug, can you recommend any more?

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High, 2004 (not ideally recent)

420 Hour Stand Up, 2009 (it's not a documentary but it's enjoyable)

American Meth, 2007 (documentary-ish)

Facing the Habit, 2007 (eye opening)

American Drug War: The Last White Hope, 2007

DMT: The Spirit Molecule, 2010 <3

Meth, 2006

Super High Me by Doug Benson is too easy. I'm sure you've seen that.

How Weed Won The West, 2010

Methadonia, 2005

High: The True Tale of American Marijuana, 2008

I saved this one for last.

A Huey P. Newton Story, 2001.

A one man play reconstructing Huey P. Newton's situation but tweaking the time slightly forward.

Huey P. Newton was one man in a team of people at the top levels of the Black Panther Party.

I have watched it 7 times. Second time with the captions on so I could get at the marrow of what he was talking about.

And a lot of what he was talking about was drugs.

imho, it was five star entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this recently and thought it was pretty good, especially if you are interested in early hiphop:

‘Planet Rock: The Story of Hip Hop and the Crack Generation’

It's only about 50-60minutes long, but I saw it on Hulu for free about two years ago: "Cracked Not Broken".

You mentioned American Drug War: Last White Hope - great movie

Have you seen the four History channel specials called "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got that Way"? Those were definitely interesting.

DEFINTELY, definitely recommend Cocaine Cowboys. That really highlighted the economic effects that the cocaine cowboy wars of the 80's had on Florida and Miami as a whole. They basically conclude that Miami could not have built the infrastructure it did without the massive amounts of drug money coming in every year. It was also interesting seeing the sides from two of the prime guys who were involved in smuggling into the country at the time. They were really ingenious in some of their methods of moving the product. Definitely a great watch.

The amount of people killed during this time was ridiculous. There were years in the early 80's were Miami/Dade County was going over 500 murders in a single year. Not ODs and deaths, actual homicides.

Cocaine Cowboys II was also worth checking out as it gave more insight into Griselda Blanco (who more people really should know about)

Last edited:
I love dopesicklove. Extremely graphic. No real point, just entertaining.