Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - It's older people's attitude to drugs that is a killer

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Guardian

Barbara Ellen
The Observer, Sunday 5 February 2012

With reader comments

The complacency of those who think their own drug-taking experiences have anything to do with today's drugs is desperately misguided

But what of the complacency of older generations: the worldly-wise who've "been there, done that" with drugs (or think they have). People who can't resist opining on a drug culture, which the vast majority of them probably haven't participated in for years? How much damage is being wrought by their complacency – or, more precisely, their ill-informed outdated pseudo-liberal posturing?

All those people fretting about hypocrisy when, to me, it seems the height of hypocrisy to give younger generations "permission" to experiment with substances that may be much more potent and dangerous than they personally took risks with.

Like everything else on the planet, drug culture changes all the time, and most of us don't bother to keep up.

More...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentis...older-generation-stupidly-complacent-re-drugs

The complacency of those who think their own drug-taking experiences have anything to do with today's drugs is desperately misguided

Uh, what!?

Crap article, great comments though.

Well, there is a giant difference in the dangers of using LSD too much, and the dangers of using today's club and other drugs (MDMA, meph, meth, crack, heroin) are pretty damn different...

sure most of them were around in the 70s, but use was no where near as widespread

I love how people talk about the weed being stronger today as if they didn't have great shit back then...

I've been looking for that lost skunk for a while now!
Would have been nice if they told me directly instead of airing my skunks business in the paper. ;)

Well, there is a giant difference in the dangers of using LSD too much, and the dangers of using today's club and other drugs (MDMA, meph, meth, crack, heroin) are pretty damn different...

sure most of them were around in the 70s, but use was no where near as widespread

Methamphetamine use has been very widespread at various times such as the beatnik era in the 50's and also during the 60's and 70's. They had amphetamine mixtures in pills back then that people only dream of today. Heroin use was also widespread among many subcultures such as jazz, the beatniks and also into the hippie era and the 70's and well every decade lol.