• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Plugging

madog11

Bluelighter
If I were to plug dihydrocodeine what would be the difference in dosage so that I don't plug too much. Say I were to swallow 10 (300mg) how much should I plug? Couldn't find anything on this. Thanks!

Oral BA 20%. I've never seen a value for rectal but there is a large discrepancy between PO and parenteral so likely quite large first pass metabolism which you will (hopefully) be bypassing. I'd say I personally noticed a 2-3 fold increase when administered rectally in a slightly alkaline solution.

^ I remember once being admonished by Captain Heroin for stating that rectal BA was higher than oral. He stated (he didn't cite a source, and I just took him for his word as his point was more than plausible) that BAs are the same, and that the only difference between the two is that plugging has a faster onset, therefore feels stronger.
This might be the case for some specific drugs but for others it is definitely not true. For example the B.A. of oral and rectal morphine is the same with rectal producing a stronger feeling due to quicker onset, however if you increase the pH of the rectal environment you can almost double the B.A. of the morphine in addition to the better onset.

Morphine (like DHC) undergoes extensive first pass metabolism in the liver, so bypassing it by administering rectally could very well greatly increase the B.A. Even if it doesn't effect the B.A. much and is just faster onset, it still makes sense to start lower so you don't overdo it.

Oral BA 20%. I've never seen a value for rectal but there is a large discrepancy between PO and parenteral so likely quite large first pass metabolism which you will (hopefully) be bypassing. I'd say I personally noticed a 2-3 fold increase when administered rectally in a slightly alkaline solution.

Are you reffering to something like a saline type nose spray as opposed to straight water ?

^Ummm no but I'm not sure what part of my post you are asking about.

I just jumped to a conclusion...are you saying making the water more acidic ? What do you use ?

No more basic. I plug a small amount of a weak sodium bicarbonate solution some time before plugging the DHC dissolved in dH20.