• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Have alot of people gone from full on heroin addicts back to pharmacutical opiates

served00

Bluelighter
As most of us know...the typical sequence of events is users start w/ weaker opiates like codeine and hydrocodone then move on to stronger opiates like oxycodone, morphine, dilaudid, opana ect and then end up at the end of the road doing heroin. Most of us heroin addicts prefer it over most everything else and only use the pharmacutical opiates as a plan b.

Well, I've noticed that I've gone from a straight heavy heroin addict of 5 years back to the pills. I think it has alot to do with the all the bullshit that comes with the oh so stigma "heroin".....and you just basically just start to get sick of the life that comes with it. Well have alot of you gone back to the pills bc of that reason? I'm asking bc lately I went thru alot of shit, homelessness, 2 rehabs and a bunch of bullshit directly caused by my heroin use.

I was just sick of it, I have lost so many close friends and all around my life has suffered negativaly in many areas that I think I subconsciously decided it just wasnt worth it anymore....but now I still take norcos and roxis and sometimes opana like 3-4 times a week and it hit me the other day that this life is so much easier than the smack life. So much less shadyness and bullshit and on top of that you know exactly what youre getting which actually is very beneficial.

Was just wondering if anyone with that experience wanted to elaborate.

Sounds like its time to quit alltogether... we both know that wont happen at least get to the point where u can get high once without having withdrawal

Heroin was the first opiate I ever did. I'm on suboxone now, but if I went back to using opioids I would prefer to use pharmaceuticals, at least for a while

The quality of heroin is known to fluctuate pretty bad. The only reason I've ever seen full-blown IV heroin addicts go back to pharmaceutical opiates/oids is because the quality has gone down so greatly that mg for mg the pills are cheaper. Other than that there's no practical reason why anyone would

Yea I dont quite understand heroin is so much cheaper then the good pharms in my area. Plus my tolerance is so jacked from suboxone and dope that even banging OC seems like a waste of money.

Ive never done heroin but know 2 people that have & they both have said that pills are better than heroin because of knowing exactly what you are getting in pills. They did say if they were getting really good heroin & had an unlimited supply, they would stick with it but thats not reality so they prefer pills because they are easier to get as well.

I don't know anyone that does Heroin that has switched yo phafms EXCLUSIVELY. I, for example, used to do pharms until I met a guy who introduced me to H. It is (still) so much cheaper than pharms due to the amount of pills (minus opana-which I have never come across) needed to feel 'high' or really to feel anything at all. I do still take pharmaceuticals but in combination with Heroin. Why? Because I do not have direct connection to an H source-I have to rely on middlemen, which doesn't always work out.

IMO/IME, the switch from H to pharms is plausible if you have a (large) and steady script of an intense (strong) opiate, and/or after a rough taper off H.

I just went back "down" to pills because I got some teeth out and they were prescribed to me, and I am an addict, AND that was the end of my sobriety again for awhile. Like you Served, I was just tired of the chase all the time, but still wanted to do something, so something I did -with pills.

Oh-and I forgOt to mention, even though I hate this
quote that I once heard, I guess it's nearly totally true; "Once a heroin addict, always a heroin addict". Yuh just can't shake it!!'

Last edited:
I just think personally that heroin is the most euphoric opioid out of all the ones I've tried. Oxycodone is a nice high, but it has no rush, and it's duration is short, oxymorphone has an incredible rush, better than heroin, but the high isn't as good, dilaudid feels to me like a weaker, shorter version of oxymorphone, and I simply do not like fentanyl.

I would of course rather take the pills, as it's a sure thing dose wise, but if I could get consistent quality heroin, I would choose that instead. And around me, it's a lot harder and more expensive to find and buy pills like opana IR and OxyContin.

I started with oc 80's but after 6 months of spending way too much money to get high with them,i learned about good ole' heroin! It was cheap in the beginning but tolerance grows fast. It's been 5 years since i made the switch from oxy to dope and i havnt bought one since though. The rush from good heroin is much better anyways.

Oh-and I forgOt to mention, even though I hate this
quote that I once heard, I guess it's nearly totally true; "Once a heroin addict, always a heroin addict". Yuh just can't shake it!!'

Yeah, I don't like being reminded of this either, but I know I'll forever be a junkie.

Of the heroin users I know, including myself, the only reason for any of them/us to switch to pharms would be the lack of available heroin. Or of course, if we come across free pills, or are prescribed them for legit reasons. (The only heroin users I know are IV users, I've never seen anyone smoke it, and since pretty much all we get here in the west is tar, can't imagine snorting.)

In my experience, I had a big habit of Roxis for about 2 years. Eventually I switched to heroin, and loved it. Heroin is my choice for sure. Once in a blue moon my guy is out of heroin for a short period of time, in that case..I would go back to the roxis just until I can get more heroin, just so I wont be sick. But it doesnt do NEARLY as much for me. So I can't ever really see myself totally going back to the pills. Sad thing is, heroin has caused so many bad things to happen, like you. But I still love it and want to continue it.

Pharms are consistant. You know your exact dosage from them and how high you'll get.

Mileage does not vary.

it's probably just a personal preference. how much allure the experience of shooting has for you?

my first regular use of opiates was oxy, then poppy pod tea, then heroin.

i ordered some poppy pods to tide me over until i can see my psych. and get back on benzos (late next month). i'm a little wary that it will wear me down and make me want to shoot up more. (i've been clean for a couple of months and before that just chipping)

on one hand i think it's ridiculous, and it's all in my control. on the other hand, when i came down with strep throat recently, all i could think about was a shot for a while. any resistance to that thought just went away. i felt like a kid in a toy store about to throw a fit. the truth is probably a grey area? i won't know til i have a job again.

hopefully i can just enjoy my tea opiates and you can enjoy your pharms, because it isn't really logical that it always has to end in heroin or IV use. i know people who used h and quit never to relapse, so it is possible. then again, it depends on your relationship to the drug. mine is less of a love affair with opiates then it is a means to get around my anxiety disorders and have better experiences with people and life than i could without it. i suppose that is still an "escape" from something, but it's an escape meant to ingratiate myself with the world.

sorry, this has very little to do with the original post and more just rambling about myself.

Here's what I have noticed, I live in Central FL (Orlando, Daytona beach area) and down here I have never even seen Heroin, I have heard of a couple people that claim they can get it but have yet to see it happen, it's definately pretty rare down here as opposed to up north where I hear it is pretty much the Opposite and there is Heroin everywhere and pills are harder to find. I can find Oxycodone in pretty much any city here though. My point is I think Location and availability is a huge factor, at least it is for me, I would like to try Heroin as I been using Oxy for 5 years but like I aid it's hard to find here, the couple places I hear might have it are almost a for sure getting robbed type situation

I've never been around the H culture very much more around pill heads. Sucks cuz I love some east coast dope. Even the shit in NC isn't the worst. a half g of white dope got me nice an high for 24 hours, giving a few bumps to some friends as well. I'd love to find some good dope for cheap but don't got the connects sadly. Now that I'm in TX, I'd be getting tar and I've been experience tar, so it could be interesting. I'm looking into seeing whats the deal with getting some H in the dallas area, no luck so far.

Really though, I much rather run into a oxymorphone if I could find a good deal. I hate the prices of oxycodone, it costs an arm and a leg to get 90-120mgs, which is one high. Even for a dollar a mg for oxymorphone I'd be down for a 40er, I could get either a full day of bliss or two nights of a great high better than heroin by far. I can also get suboxone 8mg strips for a little more than whats on the dollar menu, and methadone 10mg pills for the price of bud light forty.

I have been to big into the opioid scene on the black market so I don't know what is the complete deal with what is the best bang for your book.

I live in Brooklyn, and it's a lot harder for me to find oxycontin, dilaudid, or opana, than it is to find heroin and methadone. Of course copping Percocet, codiene and hydrocodone is not that hard, but the stronger pills have been nearly impossible for me to find. In my neighborhood, most heroin users have never heard of opana...it's kind of frustrating, as I really would have liked to have bought the pills instead. I prefer heroin, but the pills are consistent. I remember one morning I was real sick, but I had the money to buy a bundle, which I did, and it was practically bunk shit. I had to shoot five bags to feel what I usually would have from two. Not to mention that dope is often cut with stuff that makes my skin break out in controllable, and I've had boils form on my chest as well.