• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo efficacy for different people

Ondine

Bluelighter
I've been trying to find the right benzo to help with my anxiety/insomnia. So far, I've tried clonazepam (2mg), alrpazolam (2mg) and diazepam (10mg).

Kpins, though they lasted long, would have a fairly weak effect on me. I would find myself taking upwards of 10mg in a day and feeling a little drowsy and relaxed, but not to the extent to alleviate symptoms.

The xanax seemed to have the best effect per dosage, but if I was trying to use it to fall asleep, it would wear off quite quickly and I would find myself stuck awake for a few more hours.

So far diazepam has done the best in treating my anxiety and insomnia, but I end up have to take very large doses in order to achieve the desired effect.
70mg of Roche Valium and a blunt has left me pretty comfortable, but I feel that it can't be healthy for my body to be taking so much diazepam constantly.

Have not tried Ativan

Has anyone else had similar experiences with these particular benzos and perhaps share one that works perfectly for you? There are many benzos I've had access to, like Phenezepam, Oxazepam and Etizolam but have had any interest in using them, mostly based on their relative obscurity compared to the main four.

Alprazolam is IMO the most effective benzo for anxiety, but it is also much more addicting, though all benzodiazepines can cause a nasty physical dependance. For you're information, the reason you had to take so much Valium, is that 10mg of Valium is equal to (I think) .5 a mg of Xanax. And btw, you should not be starting off with dosages of 2mg, for clonazepam or alprazolam. Both of them have the same potency, the only reason clonazepam may feel weaker, is that it has a longer half life and a more subtle "come on". Taking 10mg of clonazepam with little or no tolerance is crazy. It is very common for people to take high dosages of benzodiazepines and think that they are not intoxicated, but they often black out and forget what happened the next day. Also taking high dosages like that is a sure way to develope a fast dependance, and withdrawal from benzo's can be fatal.

Ativan is a pretty shitty benzo IMO, it's half as strong as Xanax and clonazepam and it has more of a hypnotic effect, at least for me. Is also a short acting benzo, but it's a bit longer acting than xanax. I would stick to Xanax or clonazepam