• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Demoxepam

reflekt

Bluelighter
I can't find any info on this RC anywhere. All I know is what Wikipedia states:

Demoxepam[1] is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative. It is a metabolite of chlordiazepoxide and has anticonvulsant properties[2][3] and presumably other characteristic benzodiazepine properties.

Can anyone relate Demoxepam to other benzos in terms of effects? Would it be very similar to chlordiazepoxide then?

What would be considered a safe, standard first dose of Demoxepam? Perhaps a conversion to its equivalent to Diazepam.

Any info appreciated.

I searched around for a bit and this was the best I could find (as a source credited with saying demoxepam is active in another study) but my online creds are unavailable for the next week.

Gerhard Zbinden, Lowell O. Randall, Pharmacology of Benzodiazepines: Laboratory and Clinical Correlations, In: Silvio Garattini and Parkhurst A. Shore, Editor(s), Advances in Pharmacology, Academic Press, 1967, Volume 5, Pages 213-291, ISSN 1054-3589, ISBN 9780120329052, 10.1016/S1054-3589(08)60658-4.[
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1054358908606584/url]) [/QUOTE]

Disposition in the Body. Well absorbed after oral administration. About 10% of a dose is excreted in the urine in 24 h and about 60% in 7 days, including about 27% as unchanged demoxepam and about 5% as conjugated oxazepam. Other urinary metabolites include the 5-(4–hydroxyphenyl) and 9–hydroxy derivatives. Approximately 15% of the dose is eliminated in the faeces in 7 days with about 2% as desmethyldiazepam. Demoxepam is a metabolite of chlordiazepoxide.
Therapeutic concentration: Following a single oral dose of 20 mg of demoxepam given to 6 subjects, peak plasma concentrations of 0.50 to 0.74 μg/mL (mean 0.6) were attained in 2 to 8 h. [M. A. Schwartz et al.,J. Pharm. Sci.,1971, 60, 1500–1503.]

Half–life. Plasma half–life, 14 to 95 h (mean 40).

From http://mtnviewfarm.net/drugs-poisons-0477.html

Honestly I have never heard of this substance and it would seem there is very little known on it...

And if it's like Chlordiazepoxide then it's not going to be worth it anyways

This benzo is basically nordazepam N-oxide. Expect the same effects as nordazepam (i.e. partial benzodiazepine effects)

it's scary how much i've been agreeing with solipsis lately.
chlordiazepoxide is really a cunt's hair above promethazine for recreational value.

if this continues i wont post anything new anymore and just refer to his posts.

OT: Why do European's like to use the word cunt as often as possible?

~token

why not? what is this, the victorian age?
also, for some reason, cunt as a derogatory term is absolutely not gender specific for most europeans as opposed to americans.

edit: also, it's a figure of fucking speech.

why not? what is this, the victorian age?
also, for some reason, cunt as a derogatory term is absolutely not gender specific for most europeans as opposed to americans.

edit: also, it's a figure of fucking speech.

No. It obviously is not.
Say whatever you want..
Still: I didn't come at you like that, only with a question.

I am an American woman..and it is an extremely derogatory figure of speech, to me..

but that's my problem..

You should just be you..
and I should and will just leave you alone.

I guess cunt in the UK is kind of like bitch in the US...in the movie trainspotting they use the word cunt a lot.

"no cunt leaves here till we find out what cunt did it"

^ In parts of Canada, especially in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, that word is used a LOT. Central and Western Canadians don't really use it as much. When they do, it's in a really derogatory way, akin to how it's used in the US.

I used to have a mean ex who used to call me that when he was drunk.

Never when he wasn't drinking though.
I always thought it was such a horrible word..
but it means something totally different over there..

it's just my dumb association w/it.:|

~token

Last edited:
why are some of you guys hating on librium? i find it is an excellent benzo. i love the long duration and I due get euphoria from large doses.

hey, everyone reacts differently to any given substance. i also found temazepam to be an absolutely shit benzo, and it's generally recognized as one of the most sought after and abused benzos.
100mg chlordiazepoxide for me felt like... i don't know. i didn't enjoy it at all, and even higher doses produced no pleasant effects, they just made me tired.

why are some of you guys hating on librium? i find it is an excellent benzo. i love the long duration and I due get euphoria from large doses.

Hey! That's the 1st time I've ever heard of chlordiazepoxide being euphoric by someone...seriously,
I always got the impression it made most ppl feel zombie-like..

~token

No. It obviously is not.
Say whatever you want..
Still: I didn't come at you like that, only with a question.

I am an American woman..and it is an extremely derogatory figure of speech, to me..

but that's my problem..

You should just be you..
and I should and will just leave you alone.

i apologize, i came off a lot more hostile than i intended to, i blame the drugs. i just never understood how offended a lot of americans get by certain words. as a european, i always found it rather silly.
again, sorry, nothing against you personally.

also, i cannot think of any other word in the english language that is as useful as an insult. for me it has nothing to do with misogyny. semtantics i guess.

I've never found Librium to be euphoric in the slightest, but I do find it to be quite useful. It got me through opioid withdrawal quite nicely and actually helped with a lot of the anxiety of the entire detox situation. Well that and the Ativan......and the Rivotril. Looking back on it, my shrink kept me mellow as hell for my stay in the hospital for detox.

Hey! That's the 1st time I've ever heard of chlordiazepoxide being euphoric by someone...seriously,
I always got the impression it made most ppl feel zombie-like..

~token

that's weird. maybe it's just cause I have extreme anxiety so pretty much all benzos make me euphoric cuz I don't have to live in the hell that is extreme anxiety/hypochondria/panic.