• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can i have fun while maintaning on suboxone?

zdroj

Greenlighter
I'm a new member so il give a little history.

I am currently on suboxone maintenance for an oxy habit that peaked at 300+mg a day, I only ever ate and insufillated them, haven't used since November and am currently on 8mg strips a day.

I want to still dance every now and then but nothing like before (if possible) so I wanted to ask if others have done the same?

From my reading the only pharm that woukd break through bupe is oxymorphone and plan on insufillating only ever now and then and don't plan on getting a nod but just a dreamy warm state I love.

I appreciate suboxone is to get clean but I am not done with my lover affair and want to experience it on special occasions.

Thanks in advance

Ps: suboxone has been a great help no withdrawls just the want for that feeling evert now and then...

Sorry on 8mg for a while, no opiate will do anything. Stay off subs for at least 5-8 days. If you only had less of a week of treatment maybe 3-5 days. Otherwise don't waste your pills.

Sorry on 8mg for a while, no opiate will do anything. Stay off subs for at least 5-8 days. If you only had less of a week of treatment maybe 3-5 days. Otherwise don't waste your pills.

Thanks for replying even though the news ain't what I wanted I appreciate honesty.....

5-8 days is a little longer than you will probably have to wait. You will have to wait until you are withdrawing to be able to get high, but even then it's not as good as a high as pre-suboxone times. I waited 3 days and wasn't too pleased with the high I got from other opiates, so I gave up on trying to cheat while on it.

5-8 days is a little longer than you will probably have to wait. You will have to wait until you are withdrawing to be able to get high, but even then it's not as good as a high as pre-suboxone times. I waited 3 days and wasn't too pleased with the high I got from other opiates, so I gave up on trying to cheat while on it.

Thanks again... So the other ppl that said oxym breaks through must be unique or placebo....

If you want "dance" once in awhile get your dose down below 2 mg's then skip a day, at least

If you want "dance" once in awhile get your dose down below 2 mg's then skip a day, at least

I am currently tapering down 2mg every 4days until I feel anything negative to try and get to 2mg. But if I do dance ford a few days will 2mg hold me when I fall back?

I am currently tapering down 2mg every 4days until I feel anything negative to try and get to 2mg. But if I do dance ford a few days will 2mg hold me when I fall back?

I IV 2-4mgs (not in one shot) per day of suboxone and I stopped for 48hours+ to do oxymorphone and BARELY achieved what I thought I was going to get (I hadn't ever tried that particular drug before but after reading all these love stories about it I was thinking I was going to be flying to the moon... yeah... not so much).

It depends how much oxymorphone you end up using, and for how long. If its just a one shot deal, you can probably get back on suboxone at 2mg, if that's where you were when you took a break. But even if you stabalize at four mg, and wait 36 hours to use opana, 2mg will probably hold you, but you may feel a little bit unstable. When you get down to 4mg and under, split your dose into 2, one for the morning, and one for the evening, that helped me a lot when tapering.

My personal advice, is if you're looking to get high while on SMT you'd be best off to try a different class of drugs... maybe stimulants or something, I don't know. I've tried getting high while on suboxone and it's just never as good as I would like it to be. For starters the placebo effect always caused so much stress on my mind that I couldn't take it. Wondering if the dose I was taking would work, how well would it work, I'm not as high as I would normally be and I just threw money down the drain etc. On top of the whole psychological bit, I would indeed not get as high as I normally would and it would suck. I'm not your parent, but I'd say quit trying to get back into opiates and count yourself lucky that you don't have a habit, you're not getting sick, and you're relatively stable on the suboxone. It will work out better for you in the long run.

Yeah, while it is possible to get high on opiates while on suboxone maintenance, buprenorphine shoots your tolerance way up, so even when there isn't enough bupe attached to your receptors to block, you'll still end up needing to use a hell of a lot more of what ever you're opiate of choice is. The only exception I think, would be if you're DOC was something like methadone, in which case, you probably would be able to use less methadone than you normally would (if you were using more than 50 mg). The same could apply to the other highly potent opioids (hydromorphone, oxymorphone), but it really all depends on what dose of bupe you're on and how long you've been on it. With drugs like oxycodone, heroin (wouldn't even bother trying with codiene), you're almost definately going to have to use a much larger quantity than you normally would.

Like kief" said above, it's better to really switch to a different class of drugs if you insist on getting high. When I was on high dosages of bupe (16mg) I would use benzos and stims primarily. You need to be carefull when taking benzos of course, while on buprenorphine maintenance, as the few cases of fatal buprenorphine overdoses, benzodiazepines were almost always involved, so if you do add benzos, start off with very low dosages, and don't take them every day, or you'll have a new kind of monkey on your back. Stims are a better choice, IMO.

Thanks to everyone that took time to reply I appreciate the no bullshit answers.

ive been on suboxone maintnence for about 6 months. im prescribed 12mg's a day, but only take about 2-6mg. Its different for everyone. i can still get high 12-18 hours after my last dose of suboxone (if its 4mg or under) its obviously not as good as before, but if i do 2 80's over the course of 2-3 hours i still get pretty buzzed. but i no people that can wait 24-48 hours and still feel NOTHING. its different for everyone it seems. I get the best results if i wait 24-36 hours. A general rule i follow is once i start to feel withdrawals, i can ussualy get pretty high (not as high as i should, but still enough to make it worth it)

I always reside 24hrs apart and have never felt withdrawal, I think I good go to 36hours and be ok, again thanks for replying. Once I get sorted il reply with my results ..

suboxone will block u forever if ur taking 8 mg daily geeze drop down to 2 mg u wont even notice trust me its actually its a really strong opioid and only way i ever got high on suboxone was mixed with a benzo im not saying u do this now unless ur tolerance to both is high but bupe/benzo combo to me is better than iv heroin IMO they go really really well together so if u wanna get high well me for example i would take 4 mg bupe 3-5 mg klonopin and smoke weed alll day and im wrecked alll day xanax is good but dosent last me long enough. But please ple ple ple pleasee do not take a benzo with ur bupe unless u take benzos and know how they react with ur body and the bupe. .......................ur probally young and have alotta potential in life so dont kill ur self if u do decide to mix benzos take less bupe and a small dose of benzo like.25-.5mg have fun brotha............

I am just curious, but not trying to make you feel bad or ridicule you, but since you are on Suboxyne shouldn't you not try to get high on opiates since your suboxyne is to help you refrain from doing them?

I just see it time and time again my friends will say they are going to have fun, but once you were an addict, I think it is incredibly difficult to do opiates recreationally again and keep control over it. It works for awhile, but it is like have a crack in the damn it is sure to bust sometime.

It is your life and your business, and I don't care what you do, but just wanted to add my unsolicited warning.