• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nigella Sative superduper opiate potentiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucklecroft Rudy

Bluelighter
Need to clear something up once and for all. Nigella Sativa seems to refer to several different plants:
Black Cumin
Black seed
Black onion

Im not entirely sure whether theyre not all the same thing to be honest but some guys seem to think that the magic bean is only one of those three. Is there a distinction and if so what is it. Answer this and i'll set off on a self trial to see how far the potentiation extends

pretty damn sure nigella sativa is black seed. I prefer the oil. It is definitely a very strong potentiator. Hands down; one of the best, imo.

i buy mine from mountainroseherbs and its great quality.

ive never even heard of this but i find it very intriguing!

i sense research in the near future, personally.

nigella sativa seeds go by several different names - black seed, black cumin...i think i've heard others but i cannot remember - several technically incorrect common names, but it is all the same seed. it has a very familiar smell, i sometimes see it baked onto the top of turkish bread and in indian cooking.

now, i hear that it is a great for potentiating opiates (and i have a bag in my kitchen cupboard) but i'm not sure if it is possible to use the seeds themselves, or if it is only really effective to use oil made from the seed.

has anybody done so? if so, how did you consume them?

i need to track down some black seed oil as this is an extract of what we are looking for - but i'm curious to know if it is possible to get the desired potentiation effects from the seed on its own.

-just checked wikipedia, and it says this:
In English, Nigella sativa seed is variously called fennel flower, nutmeg flower, Roman coriander, blackseed or black caraway. Other names used, sometimes misleadingly, are onion seed and black sesame, both of which are similar-looking, but unrelated.

it seems there are a lot of different common names used to describe this seed (many are erroneous) but once you've seen them they're easy to identify. they smell wonderful :)

i used it with suboxone and kratom. and codeine. works for all. even has a slight opiate effect of its own. Just make sure to get a high quality oil. Youd have to ingest a ton of the seeds to get the same effects as a tiny sip of oil.

Interesting. Might have to give it a go. What is a good potentiation dose?

Ive been using black cumin oil from Makana which can be scored off Amazon I believe. Its got an incredibly potent kick - like drinking petrol so im thinking that I may not have the same thing as everyone else though it seems to have some effect.

Black Cumin is described in the Quaran so im thinking that im onto the right thing but all this conflicting nomenclature is a nightmare. What I think is going on is some companies manufacturing poor quality oil or dispensing barely bioactive seeds calling their product xxxx and some folk inferring that xxxx is inactive. With multiple companies doing this and each different name being used you end up with the situation we have now.

ok, there is an issue with black seed / nigella sativa in that there are a couple of varieties of seeds that go by the same name.
this thread has a link for photos of both the commonly found seed (inactive) and the ones you want.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/523867-Nigella-seed-actives-thymoquinone

now, a few months ago i went to my local bulk foods store and got a bag of black seeds. upon viewing that thread i realised they were the wrong kind - they were sort of round.
i remember that there were two similarly named seeds in the store, so i went back and got some of the other ones. they had a skinnier, pointier shape, and were smaller seeds.
"black seed oil" has proven hard to track down in my area - and you are still stuck with the same issue - the oil could be extracted from either of the active/inactive seeds, and you can't really tell.

so, i thought i'd experiment.

i put a small amount of nigella sativa seeds in a bowl with some honey and chewed it up.
next time i will use a blender or a mortar and pestle, because chewing them was a bit tedious, and i ended up washing the half chewed seeds down with water eventually. there was about three mouthfuls of seed, so not a huge amount.

an hour or two later, i made some PST. now, i maintain my habit with poppy seeds - i neither get high or feel much from them on a daily basis. i would say that at most, i get a sense of feeling 'nice' or 'right' from them (ie relief from the onset of withdrawal) but very little else. i never get stoned off of poppy seeds, no matter how much i dose. i barely feel it, except it takes away the restless leg feeling of WD and calms my body and mind. i've been using them and other opiates for about 10 years.

anyway, i had my normal dose of PST - maybe a little less. i usually make a batch, drink about half and put the rest in the fridge. i often go back to the fridge and drink about half of that after my initial dose, depending on how well it works to make me feel ok.
yesterday, i only drank the initial dose - no more. so, about half a 'batch' of PST - maybe 500g of seeds.
drank it a bit over an hour after eating the nigella.

an hour or so after dosing the PST, i was very, very high.
nodding, sleepy, pinned-as-shit eyes. dry mouth. i was fucking loaded.
this is most unusual, and i would say with absolute certainty that if you get the right seeds, nigella sativa is a great potentiator.

i didn't need the expensive oil extract - i just crunched up a few mouthfuls of the seeds with honey. it wasn't that pleasant to chew the seeds for ages, but it tasted fine and wasn't difficult to do at all. when i got impatient chewing the seeds, they washed down with water with no trouble.

for folks that need to stretch their opiates further, i would recommend this stuff. granted, i've only tried it once, but i was blown away by how well it worked. i don't know anything about long-term effects, what it may do to tolerance or if there are any other potential health concerns - but i will say this:
be careful not to overdose.
next time i take nigella, i will have half my normal dose. i was amazed at how well it works, so it would be irresponsible not to warn people. half your dose or you may have trouble breathing or staying conscious.
i took a dose that i take daily (which normally has little psychoactive effect) and i felt sleepy and heavy and was nodding.
this stuff seems like it could be dangerous if used in combination with a large dose of opiates. i don't know if it works the same for all opiates/opioids - but there was a definite potentiation with my cruddy little dose of PST.

i say it works - but please use it with care!

The seeds specified go by the name Habbatus sauda. Im not sure if that's its name in the native tongue or whether its a similar Middle Eastern alternative name. The thin one's are all invariably labelled Habbatus sauda from what ive seen however. Could be slightly different plants within the same family - sort of like the different varieties of rose we have.

Apparently it inhibits cyp2d6 and cyp3A4 though there's only one solitary source stating this (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20201775). Ive actually not noticed pronounced effects - im on pod grounds and anything which meddles with enzyme levels tends to throw off my dose. I notice that the effects are pretty empty - its like being simulatenously high and in withdrawals. Was wondering what was causing it and it makes quite a bit of sense. Has anyone on codeine or pods noticed this? Imma stop using the oil its that significant. Quite the shame really as it seems like a bit of a natural miracle.

Apparently it can be useful if doing an Opiate detox, though personally I'd rather go the Suboxone or Iogaine route.

ibogaine yes. suboxone - evil. Used for a week or 10 days at the most and then get off. RUN. Do not let that grab hold of you, the WD's from sub are FAR worse than the opies you are taking the sub for.. Ibogaine is intense and is often a once and done kind of healing process. It not only resolves addiction issues, it can help resolve deeply rooted buried psychological problems. It should be a legitimate treatment hear in the states, but the pharm companies don't get your monthly check if the ibo treatment works for you and you are fixed right?

Ibogaine is a bona fide miracle - proof there's a god in the cosmos. Only problem is its too damned expensive.

What type of stores should I look to find these seeds (Habbatus Sauda) ? heath food, ???

Noo idea man i'd guess Amazon might be worth a try since its pretty reliable and they do have quite a few varieties - if you find a good brand pm me!. Ive all but given up on N.S. since it produced the opposite of potentiation due to the enzyme issues. I may just have had the wrong seed oil though. Its a fucking joke tbh - something as miraculous as this and noone can even get the name right.

I found a local store that sells Nigella Sativa seeds by the bag...
I will wait until Sat. (not working) to consume toasted seeds to see if a smaller dose of pain meds' will be sufficiant to ease equal amount of pain... If anyone has any first-hand experience, in the meantime please post results.

I found a local store that sells Nigella Sativa seeds by the bag...
I will wait until Sat. (not working) to consume toasted seeds to see if a smaller dose of pain meds' will be sufficiant to ease equal amount of pain... If anyone has any first-hand experience, in the meantime please post results.
Note: If searching Indian grocery stores, another popular name for these are Kalonji seeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.