• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Things to be careful of when taking oxycodone?

Snipe214

Greenlighter
When taking oxycodone, what does one need to be careful about? I know about impared motor skills and depressed breathing, and benzos. Anything else?

Alcohol should also be avoided. But i never feel the urge to drink when taking opiates anyway.

Not really sure what you mean. To be safe avoid combining with other CNS depressants, even though a lot of people do, myself included. But you have to be very cautious doing that, as it is potentially a fatal combo. I find being still is best on opiates, lying or sitting down and relaxing is best for me.

Have you ever taken opiates before? If not be very careful how much you take.

Doses of 5-15 or so milligrams are usually considered starter doses for people. If I could give you any advice, it'd be to not even try it--I certainly wish I hadn't... But that never stops anyone, haha. In addition to what others said, make sure you familiarize yourself with the drug at low doses to see how you react. People's body chemistry is always different, so some need larger doses, while others only need a little.

Best of luck, be safe.

Like everyone else said, don't mix it with other CNS depressants, ie.benzos,alchohol. Barbs,GHB/GBL.
It might also be helpful to take 25mg of Benadryl with it for the histamine reaction.

Thanks guys. I have only taken opiates once, last week. I took 20mg on a nearly empty stomach. Although im 6 foot 3 and 205 pounds. With the antihistamine, will it intensify the oxy? And should it be taken before or with the oxy?

Well, like Pink Cloud said, the main thing to be careful of is addiction. I know people have taken it only for a few weeks by prescription for real pain issues, and then quit. But I also know a few that just plain liked it afterward, me included. A very strong will power and control of your life is required at that point because it can easily go too far...so yeah, if you don't really need it, best not to start taking it at all.

Sorry, can't help with the antihistamine question, I never tried it, but I did learn recently that DXM (if that's the same thing) taken with your dose will reduce the considerably fast rise in tolerance level.

The constipation Oxycodone causes can be severe. It was for me.

I had to take laxatives daily and eat a ton of fiber to even shit once every three days when I was on larger (relatively) amounts of the drug. Now it seems some people don't have quite as much of a problem with this as others, it does definitively cause chronic and often severe constipation.

Diphenhydramine does potentiate opiates, or at least it synergizes very well with them. Just don't take more than 25mg if you don't have a tolerance to antihistamines, or else it might just make you too sedated. I imagine mom drowsy Claritin would also help with the histamine release, but it won't add anything to the high.

(honestly with no tolerance, there's no need to be potentiating opioids)

Thanks guys. I have only taken opiates once, last week. I took 20mg on a nearly empty stomach. Although im 6 foot 3 and 205 pounds. With the antihistamine, will it intensify the oxy? And should it be taken before or with the oxy?
The antihistamine will not only increase the effects of the oxycodone, but also help with the histamine release. Rule of thumb is to take the first antihistamine does about 30 minutes before the opiate, and then take an antihistamine as needed throughout the high. Just for you to understand why you'de wanna take it (its not a necessity) is because a condition we opiate users know as the "itchies". The histamine release caused by opiates makes parts of your body randomly itch, which can be annoying.

The antihistamine will not only increase the effects of the oxycodone, but also help with the histamine release. Rule of thumb is to take the first antihistamine does about 30 minutes before the opiate, and then take an antihistamine as needed throughout the high. Just for you to understand why you'de wanna take it (its not a necessity) is because a condition we opiate users know as the "itchies". The histamine release caused by opiates makes parts of your body randomly itch, which can be annoying.

Assuming they're in a place i can reach i like the itchies! If i can't reach it, it gets very annoying lol

Yeah, I like it too, all though it becomes rather obvious when I'm sitting around people itching my balls violently, that I'm either a pervert, or I'm really high.

Yeah, I like it too, all though it becomes rather obvious when I'm sitting around people itching my balls violently, that I'm either a pervert, or I'm really high.

Ahhh see i like being alone when i'm high! Best itchies i ever got were on my stomach, i actually feel kinda sad when i get high then don't get them.

Also the only people who would come to the high conclusion with you are people who know the high themselves... so i'm guessing they all think you're a pervert :)

Yeah, those poor girls in my art classes. I never understood why they wouldnt talk to me