The MA heroin thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's crazy. but yeah i work in an ER and literally at least once a shift there's someone with an abscess, AT LEAST. and you're right sometimes people wait too long, and a lot of times they have to stay overnight, or worse.

somewhat related, but while i use other drugs, i've never shot heroin, and i wish i knew more about it when i deal with people coming to the hospital for drug-related stuff. is there anything you guys wish people who worked in the hospital/ER knew about doing heroin and what not? i'd be curious to hear that side of the story, so to speak.

Last edited:
Is it specifically from banging dope? I've missed a handfull of times and hit arterys plenty too and had my fuckin lower arm and hand blow up. A few of the people I met in detox showed me scars, but none of my using buddies have ever had em.

that's crazy. but yeah i work in an ER and literally at least once a shift there's someone with an abscess, AT LEAST. and you're right sometimes people wait too long, and a lot of times they have to stay overnight, or worse.

somewhat related, but while i use other drugs, i've never shot heroin, and i wish i knew more about it when i deal with people coming to the hospital for drug-related stuff. is there anything you guys wish people who worked in the hospital/ER knew about doing heroin and what not? i'd be curious to hear that side of the story, so to speak.

it'd be alot easier imo for you to tell us what you know n then for us to go from there if you genuinely want input

n i know BL isnt the end all be all for drug information and ill also propose that there might be misinformation that is spread on BL, but it really is crazy how misinformed people n institutions can be regarding drugs n im not talkin avg everyday people/institutions that have no connection to drugs

i cant tell yall how many things ive heard in this drugs and alcohol class im takin for my minor in substance abuse n rehabilitation (only 4 classes away from an LCDC, im sure some on BL might be rollin there eyes at the idea of me getting an LCDC but i wanna help others even if i havent helped myself yet) ive heard the professor (who also used to be an addict and a drug counselor) say some ludacris things (tho in general he is a very knowledgable person in regards to drugs) and also i was listenin to an old howard stern were artie lange who has had his share of heroin addiction say that IV'in heroin suppossedly makes it last longer. now ive never IV'd heroin but everything on BL in contrary to that

i guess im ramblin now but yea i think its kool that you are someone who is faced with the consequences of drugs in your job n wanna come here n educate yourself, im sure many people here would be happy to help out in whatever way they can

EDIT: oh yeah, and....your sn is awesome, one of the best qoutes from that movie imo

Last edited:
^^nah he specifically said that IV'n heroin will make it last ~12 hours

i mean he said he didnt shoot but considered it cuz someone told him that.

so im not sayin he is sayin for a fact it will last longer, but he even said when he considered pickin up the needle part of the reason he thought about it was cuz he heard a shot lasted longer then a line, he did make mention you could use less w/ the needle but he was def sayin he heard a shot last longer then snortin it

but then again i mean the dude is famous, and his heroin addiction is pretty public, but when he talks about it he doesnt seem like someone who was deep into it, like i dont doubt he was deep into his addiction but as far as the ins n outs of drug use/drug world i mean the guy lives in NYC but copped in wilmington deleware every 3 days cuz thats where his connect was, he didnt wanna cold cop on the street n didnt really associate with others users he said cuz it was always like a secretive thing. pretty interesting alot of these are on you tube, just search howard stern atrie lang heroin stories, artie reveals heroin addiction etc etc, there are a few segments where he talks about his heroin problem

it'd be alot easier imo for you to tell us what you know n then for us to go from there if you genuinely want input

n i know BL isnt the end all be all for drug information and ill also propose that there might be misinformation that is spread on BL, but it really is crazy how misinformed people n institutions can be regarding drugs n im not talkin avg everyday people/institutions that have no connection to drugs

i cant tell yall how many things ive heard in this drugs and alcohol class im takin for my minor in substance abuse n rehabilitation (only 4 classes away from an LCDC, im sure some on BL might be rollin there eyes at the idea of me getting an LCDC but i wanna help others even if i havent helped myself yet) ive heard the professor (who also used to be an addict and a drug counselor) say some ludacris things (tho in general he is a very knowledgable person in regards to drugs) and also i was listenin to an old howard stern were artie lange who has had his share of heroin addiction say that IV'in heroin suppossedly makes it last longer. now ive never IV'd heroin but everything on BL in contrary to that

i guess im ramblin now but yea i think its kool that you are someone who is faced with the consequences of drugs in your job n wanna come here n educate yourself, im sure many people here would be happy to help out in whatever way they can

EDIT: oh yeah, and....your sn is awesome, one of the best qoutes from that movie imo

fair point. i started a new thread under the "other drugs" forum on this topic, titled "anything you wish people at the hospital knew about heroin?" if you are interested in seeing what me and other people were talking about.

Is it specifically from banging dope? I've missed a handfull of times and hit arterys plenty too and had my fuckin lower arm and hand blow up. A few of the people I met in detox showed me scars, but none of my using buddies have ever had em.

I believe you can get a abscess from shooting anything. It's not limited to dope.
A abscess is basically a localized pocket of infection. Puss, ooze, blood, nasty shit, all contained, trapped in a spot beneath the skin. Infection can, of course, be caused by many things.
Dirty drugs of any kind, bad hygienic practices, etc, etc.

I've missed many times, too. I've had more histamine reactions than I could possibly count. Where your skin puffs up and looks kind of rash-like for a while. I've also had my hands, in particular, blow up a few times from misses. A couple of those times the swelling stuck around for 24-72 hours. Luckily, whatever it was never turned into a abscess. I never shoot in my hands or feet anymore.
Like I mentioned before, I haven't ever run into a junkie around this general area that had a active abscess, either.
It seems most common with tar. If you've ever seen how they make that shit, and what can get into it, it's pretty understandable.
But, it seems that if you have the right combination of bad luck, technique, hygiene, it doesn't matter if you're shooting coke, dope, meth, whatever. You can still potentially get an infection.

Also...... You've hit arteries plenty?!? As in, you drew back pink blood and still shot into it? If that's happened and you're still alright, thank your lucky stars or jesus or someone. Shooting into a artery can potentially be the death of you. No joke.

Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference in the blood color or the plunger being pushed out from the pressure like people talk about. What happens is, I'll register and push expecting the normal sensation, but a second later I'll get the crazy burning sensation going down my arm to my hands cause being an artery, the solution is going away from the heart. Everything gets all blotchy like an extreme histamine reaction and my hand and fingers blow up.

First time it happened I panicked like none other, but now if it happens I elevate my arm and put pressure on the injection site for a while and put some benadryl cream on my arm to help the swelling and shit goes away in a couple hours.

^Wow. I don't know. Regardless, glad you're alright. Be careful where you stick it. 8(.

My friend mentioned to me today that one of the heroin users that we both know (since he's a fellow user and was from the same area as us) has moved to Maine and drives 1.5 hours from Maine to Boston to cop his dope. He said it comes in grams and is good shit. He didn't mention how he found this connect but he did say that it isn't open air there so I guess he met him by asking around or something.

Without knowing what part of Maine he is from, can you guestimate if Boston is his best bet in terms of cities to cop dope in around the cities in surrounding states? Also, I wonder if Maine has a scene at all.

People go crazy for opiates in Portland Maine! Anything you bring up there you can sell for a huge mark-up.

Lowell Mass has a lot of dope....Springfield Mass....not sure if Boston itself would be the most convenient place to go.....

Manchester NH is probably the closest place south in northern NE, but Lowell's not too far away, but Lowell's a pretty small town, so IDK...

I used to score grams of dope in Lancaster, NH. And Burlington, VT. In the mid 1990's. Always in the corner of a sandwich bag.

Theres plenty of places in the greater Boston area you can find good dope. I usually get mine in Lynn, but shit has become so prevalent here you can get it in most of the citys surrounding Boston. It all depends who you know. Lawrence is a favorite for a lot of people I talk too, but I've only copped there a handfull of times.

People go crazy for opiates in Portland Maine! Anything you bring up there you can sell for a huge mark-up.

Lowell Mass has a lot of dope....Springfield Mass....not sure if Boston itself would be the most convenient place to go.....

Manchester NH is probably the closest place south in northern NE, but Lowell's not too far away, but Lowell's a pretty small town, so IDK...

Was Lowell the city that was the location of that 90's drug documentary mostly about crack. Starred that boxer, that fat crackhead dude with a funny name like boo-boo or something, but felt bad for him for catching HIV. Then the girl who got pregnant. I'm sure you know what movie I'm referring to by now, so you will know if its from that city or not.

^Ha, Yeah...that's where hat documentary took place...also think it's where that movie with christian Bale was based on, the story of the Ward brothers....

All that aside, Lowell is not too far south from the NH border, and it's the closest town with dope south comin from up that way.....Although, as an outsider it might be difficult to find, but cold-copping in Boston unless you really know what to look for, isn't easy at all either!

Depending on how far west you are, and I don't have a map in front of me, so I don't know....the Boston area is probably your best bet... Finding dope in Providence is 10x easier if you don't know anybody.....but I don't want to blow up Providence, even though I'm pretty sure the police there know that heroin is available!

If I went to Boston right now, knowing nobody in particular that has dope....I'm still pretty confident that I could find it, but I have an idea of where to look....and I'm not just talking about "boston proper".....

In reality, Lowell or Springfield would probably be easier(dingy ass towns)....Springfield has a lot of dope, but it depends on how far west in Maine you are if it would be worth it...

^ "The filmmakers follow around three people: Boo Boo, Brenda, and former professional boxer Dicky Eklund in their daily exploits to get high." link

See, I was right about that dudes name. haha

^LOL....Well yeah! That's the guy they show in the little clip at the beginning of all their documentaries, missing his two front teeth and blowing out a crack hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.