The MA heroin thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Ri still get bundles too, and I'm sure parts of mass, Baltimore has a lot of sandwich baggie shit too....

Edit: come to think of it, I dont thin I've ever heard of dope in sandwich baggie grams in connecticut, only bundles....

Haha it's weird how much i like reading about the area's dope packaging and culture in general...

I'm still curious as to know how shit is done regularly in the Worcester area. It would be nice if someone who picks up around there could post their experiences. I assume it's still the sandwich corners, but wouldn't be surprised if you'd run into a connect that works with stamps after a while because I know stamps are the regular in Western MA like Holyoke and Springfield.

That's not a New England thing, that's just specifically a Boston area/ eastern mass and RI thing. CT and western mass still get bundles. I've only got dope packaged that way on two occasions ever.

That is most definitely how coke comes though. I had one dealer that used to sell it in little ziplocks but I always thought it was weird. Convenient, but weird.
Yeah I have a mini ziplock fetish too! I'm clearly a very sick man!

I had a dealer that used the mini ziplocks but, he also sold all kinds of pharms too and they especially make sense for pills. I'm not a fan of dope in the mini ziplocks because I usually crush everything at once and pouring out of a ziplock sucks because it gets in the groove thing, doesn't seal right and is generally a pain in the ass.

Ya there is a crew around that all package their small bags exactly like that. The guys I know always have hard rock right off the finger but, tbh their shit usually sucks so I go through someone else that sells all powder that is way better (oddly enough). It's cool too because they sell whatever you want to spend, weigh it out based on a simple formula right i front of you but, of course they still use bag corners. Lately though packaging doesn't mean anything to me because like I said I always crush it all up and then I always repackage it in magazine paper for easy use. I find it much easier to unfold a piece of paper to use then fumbling with a bag

Yeah, I've definitely learned that things aren't always as they seem, and appearances can be deceiving!

I've met "dealers' thast were driving the shiny clean car, wearing new clothes and gold, swearing to me that they had "great product", "the raw!", that they didn't step on it, blah blah, etc etc!

Then, I call them for the first time, and sure enough, it looks like it's gonna be great dope, the gram is all one rock, the smell and the color is good, the weight is right on point!

I shoot too, and when you throw water and mix this dope, it's a nice color, it smells good and there's no residue....

Then, I shoot the dope and feel nothing at first! Twenty minutes later I realize despite how cool this guy seemed, his shit is garbage!!

So then, I call this other dope dealer....

He drives a beat up white caravan...he's dressed like a bumb, there's spanish talk radio blaring through the one good speaker in his ride...

the gram he gives me is ALL powder and looks like shit!

I get it home and weigh it and it's .8!

I mix it up to shoot it and there's a bunch of cut on the bottom of the cooker and the dopes a faint yellow color!

I shoot the dope and get an amazing rush! I'm sucking my own dick all night long, I'm so high! It's three times better than the shit I got from this guy who presented him self so well...

If most of the dope we got was %60-90 pure, there's no way that would happen!

that's why, I personally believe the dope that most people consider the absolute "best of the best" still must not be much higher purity than 30-40 percent...I have no proof of this, but it just seems logical to me....

I hate to harp on the late '90s, but the bundles we used to get then....When you'd dump out a single bag, it wasn't a pile or even a bump, it was like a coating of dust! If you dumped out ten of those bags you'd end up with what most people would consider an average line of coke, but that little amount would fucking rock you! sometimes, it would be more than dust in the bag, but the shit was so strong sometimes, even long time dope-fiends could drop from a 3-4 bag shot!

For the money, which is the big thing, I don't think it's changed that much. Dope still gets me just as high as it ever did, but the amounts you have to are a lot higher, but not SO MUCH higher that it really fucking matters....

A half gram now may be equal to .15 in the late 90s, but it's still only half a gram, which is easy to shoot or snort! .5 is nothing to shoot or snort or whatever!

If it got to the point that I had to do 3 grams of dope at a time, that would suck!

I guess what I'm saying is....I don't really have a problem with a major decrease in purity as long as the price reflects it.....If it still gets me high for around the same price, it really doesn't matter...

Okay sorry, that was long!

I use paper wraps too. Corners are pretty annoying because after you open it you have to twist it back up and store it while praying it doesnt open up on its own.

I figured id post a couple pics for you guys of my pick ups from today.

I ended up getting two bags last night and held on to them il this afternoon after my drug test, after those were gone i had my other guy drop off 3 more like an hour ago and i did one. Heres what my recent pickup looks like.

NSFW:
1zvvo6u.jpg

After i did one i decided to do a rinse which o hqvent done in a long time. I was impressed by how effective the rinse was. Check it out

NSFW:
fsb6g.jpg

I think im gonna be doing rinses more often :)

P.s. has anyone had dope that was really bubbly when you cook it up? Like theres a quarter inch layer of tan foam/bubbles at the top of the h right after you suck it into a syringe? My last pickup had it and its annoying because it takes like 15 minutes for the bubbles/foam to go away.

that's why, I personally believe the dope that most people consider the absolute "best of the best" still must not be much higher purity than 30-40 percent...I have no proof of this, but it just seems logical to me....

Avg purity of dope siezed in the US is in the 30-40% range, varies based on location but ~35% is AVERAGE purity in the US

this is based on numbers and statistics

js

im not a longtime dope head like you so i cant speak to your debate about dope being better pre 9/11 (n honestly i dont have an opinion, n you make good valid points)

but as far as purity goes these are the numbers, im watchin some shows on hulu right now but ill find a source later, but ive seen people post links to the DEA websites and microgram bulletins (man i wish they still posted those for the public) amongst others that people have posted on BL in the past that have confirmed the avg purity of street heroin in the US is between 30-40%

Last edited:
9/11 wouldnt have that big of an effectt on prices, sure the borders got a little tighter, but afghan heroin is extremely rare in the U.S, however it's the main source for the UK. it's well known that prices in the UK started to fluctuate dramatically after 9/11. FYI the biggest source for east coast #4 powder is columbia. the only other source in the world that makes number 4 is southeast asia, and it's obviously easier to smuggle from columbia to the U.S. than from vietnam. the black tar heroin is made in mexico and a couple smaller operations in other countries in the region.

Are they doing it by bust or by weight?....Meaning, if they catch one person with 8 kilos that's 80 percent purity, does that eight kilos carry more weight than someone who gets busted with 1 gram that's 20 percent purity?

I mean, that makes a huge difference, because if all they're doing is testing all the seized dope, coming up with a number(purity percentage) for each bust and then averaging all those numbers together, it really wouldn't be all that accurate....

However, if for every load of heroin you seized, you tested the purity of that heroin, came up with a percentage and then multiplied that number times the amount of grams seized, and THEN averaged all those numbers, you'd have a much more accurate number....Similar to the electoral college in a way...sort of

My best friend is a physicist and I failed sophomore algebra in highschool! So, I can't really put it in standardized mathematical terms....

I am curious as to how these stats are generated though...Although, I'm not discounting anything you said, or doubting the accuracy of these numbers off-hand, which would be foolish anyway because you're pretty much agreeing with me, but 40 percent still seems a tad high to me as an average, although I could be completely wrong....

Are they doing it by bust or by weight?....Meaning, if they catch one person with 8 kilos that's 80 percent purity, does that eight kilos carry more weight than someone who gets busted with 1 gram that's 20 percent purity?

I mean, that makes a huge difference, because if all they're doing is testing all the seized dope, coming up with a number(purity percentage) for each bust and then averaging all those numbers together, it really wouldn't be all that accurate....

However, if for every load of heroin you seized, you tested the purity of that heroin, came up with a percentage and then multiplied that number times the amount of grams seized, and THEN averaged all those numbers, you'd have a much more accurate number....Similar to the electoral college in a way...sort of

My best friend is a physicist and I failed sophomore algebra in highschool! So, I can't really put it in standardized mathematical terms....

I am curious as to how these stats are generated though...Although, I'm not discounting anything you said, or doubting the accuracy of these numbers off-hand, which would be foolish anyway because you're pretty much agreeing with me, but 40 percent still seems a tad high to me as an average, although I could be completely wrong....

no they just do it by weight, the only thing they use qulitative analysis for is observing trends. there's no way they would give someone with a kilo of 10% a lesser sentence than someone with a kilo of 90%, they want to give you the biggest sentence they can so they're not going to charge you for the actual amount of a drug you have, they will weigh it in the bag or container it's being held in and then charge you for the total weight.

Yeah, but I'm not talking about sentencing, I'm talking about how the DEA generates the numbers for "average purity for drugs seized"....

the links i have seen people post in the past were that 'street' heroin was between 30-40% and yes the DEA distinguishes between retail and wholesale siezures

the first link is from the national highway traffic safety administration NHTSA says that 'street' heroin ranges from 11-72% with the avg ~38%

fairly close to the top of the page
http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/research/job185drugs/morphine.htm

this is link is actually a fairly interesting read, its a government document. it only goes to 2003 but on page 50 is has a graph for avg purity of heroin and it even differentiates between amounts >1g, amounts between 1g and 10g and amounts <10g

all are at .3 (30% ) or above
https://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publications/pdf/price_purity.pdf

(^^interestingly enough the siezures between 1 and 10g had the lowest purity, obv the siezures above 10g had the highest but i thought it was wierd the under 1g siezures were 2nd n not 3rd)

i cant find the specific link im thinkin of that i have seen on BL multiple times before that is direct from the DEA saying that while it varies from location to location to location it avgs @~35% and i think it listed the NE, mid west and West coast but they were all above 34% or something like that with the NE being the highest at like 39% but i cant find that link

but the 2 links i did find took all of 5 mins on a quick google search, the information from the govt is out there it just takes a bit of lookin, n by all means everyone take a few minutes out of your day n do a little searchin, this is interesting stuff and actually getting information like that breeds better discussion not to mention the fact that i think its just fun to talk/learn about. so everyone this is you BL homework do a little searchin, find some interesting stuff n bring it to class tomorrow n we'll have discussion, anyone who hasnt done their homework will get a 0 for the day n have to stand in the corner of the room n circle jerk eachother, mkay?

Last edited:
9/11 wouldnt have that big of an effectt on prices, sure the borders got a little tighter, but afghan heroin is extremely rare in the U.S, however it's the main source for the UK. it's well known that prices in the UK started to fluctuate dramatically after 9/11. FYI the biggest source for east coast #4 powder is columbia. the only other source in the world that makes number 4 is southeast asia, and it's obviously easier to smuggle from columbia to the U.S. than from vietnam. the black tar heroin is made in mexico and a couple smaller operations in other countries in the region.

who are you talkin to? are you responding to my post? i nor anyone else said anything about afghanistan on this entire page.

the 9/11 point is what BH has been tryin to say about difficulty entering/and by extension smuggling into the US has become tougher there for having an effect on heroin in america. it was more about border secuirty/customs not about anything afghanistan related

Yeah, but I'm not talking about sentencing, I'm talking about how the DEA generates the numbers for "average purity for drugs seized"....

oooooooh ok then yeah they gcms all the samples and average it out, but the dea isn't the most reliable source so they're numbers could very well be higher or lower than what they really are depending on what angle they're going for. if they want you to think it's deadly and impossible not to od on they will hype up the numbers (doesn't work on heroin addicts lol, when we hear about someone who od's we try to find out who they got their shit from), or if they want people to think it's total garbage they will lower the reported average. the DEA does have a policy though that when they release gcms analysis from a specific bag or stamp (same goes for ecstasy pills especially) they don't say how much active ingrediants are in it, although they can say the ratio. they dont want to be hyping a drug dealers product. if you read the microgram bulletin you'll see gcms indicated high purity or something to that effect. they'll say how much was seized but not the actual purity.

^^microgram bulletins havent been posted for public viewing for years

dea does the testing for edata, its weird tho, cuz u are right that they dont do mgs just ratios

but they do do mg amounts for tabs sent in from europe, its mostly switzerland that the bomb ass tabs get sent in from i guess thats cuz they dont have to worry bout US buyers tryin to get them (even tho they sorta do cuz lots of those highdose tabs end up on SR) but even still they dont give mg amounts for tabs from canada or australia or the UK...weird, this doesnt really have much to do with the topic at hand im just thinkin outloud i guess

Last edited:
I know and it's a shame, but the old ones are still around I believe and I doubt their policy about specific drug purity has changed since then. iirc with ecstasy they can give you ratios of active ingrediants so you end up with something like MDMA 4, Caffeine 1, Meth 1 but they never say MDMA 70%. I''m not 100 % sure on how they do it with other drugs so I'm gonna see if I can track down a microgram and see if i can find any info.

sorry if the afghanistan post was a little irrelevant, I was pretty jammed last night and interpreted the discussion on pre/post 9/11 dope poorly. I wasn't doing dope pre 9/11 either but I think it definitely had some effect, if not on purity than on price. I think it could go both ways though because in the post 9/11 frenzy the government started providing more funding for counterterrorism efforts abroad than the war on drugs.

edit: from what I can tell they will post the percentage of drugs in a smuggling attempt like heroin lollipops (think of the kids!) or cocaine laced car parts, but with ecstasy they always say something like "although not formally quantitated the TIC indicated moderate loading" I'm not sure how that translates to heroin purity but I think any info they give on "average purity" in a region is bullshit. there is something called the DEA drug threat assessment that would probably be the best place to look for more information on average purity.

here's some info on heroin purity in MA from 1999, compare it to purity in 2002 and on and you should have a good idea about what kind of effect 9/11 had.

"Law enforcement in Massachusetts and throughout New England reports a significant increase in the availability and purity of heroin. Heroin purity levels in Massachusetts range from 50 percent to 90 percent. DEA’s Domestic Moni- tor Program (DMP) indicates that the average purity of South American heroin in Boston in 1999 was 57.7 percent at the street level, down for the second straight year following levels of 66.4 percent in 1997 and 61.4 percent in 1998.15 However, purity levels in Boston far exceeded the national average every year from 1991 to 1999.
Violence

Heroin trafficking, distribution, and use are strongly associated with violent crime in Massa- chusetts. Some heroin traffickers and distributors commit violent acts while protecting or expand- ing their market area, others when stealing heroin
Retail-level heroin purity averaged 67.5 percent from April to June 1999, second highest on the East Coast for that period. Street-level heroin more than 90 percent pure is available in Boston and Lawrence, although 60 percent or more is the average. Analyses of several heroin exhibits seized in Lynn in 1998 revealed purity near 90 percent.16"

source: "The DMP is a retail-level heroin purchase program that identifies purity, price, and source of origin. The purity calculation for 1999 was based on 38 samples that ranged from 0.8 percent to 93.0 percent. The median for these 38 samples was 57.1 percent, similar to the average (mean) of 57.7 percent."

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs/658/658p.pdf

and yeah highonlife if I hadn't just done a fat shot I wouldn't have had the energy to type up any of this.

Last edited:
yea edata just does the ratio thing for tabs sent in from pretty much anywhere but switzerland, but if you look at the website and find submissions from switzerland it'll say 130mg MDMA n what not, like i said its not really relevant but it is interesting when you think about it, at first i thought they just provided the ratios for tabs submitted from america but then i looked at the website n they do ratios for canada, Oz the UK so its just odd that they only provide mg amounts for all these (mostly) amazing high dose presses submitted from switzerland (almost 100% sure they are made in the netherlands)

the DEA definately has released exact numbers on purity of drugs, whether they used to do that in the micrograms i cant remember

i was asking about cocaine purity tests not long ago, the general consensus was that these dont really exist for the layman and the process to get it tested would be expensive and rare if even possible for the regular joe to conduct but it sure would be nice if things like were accesable the way ecstasy testing kits are but would also provided purity data for things like heroin, cocaine, mdma, meth hell it'd be kool to see how much thc you nugs have

I've seen cocaine purity tests before, I forget where but it doesn't give you the exact %, it just gives you an estimate on how pure it is. I just tracked it down it's made by EZtest. here's an example of how you determine purity when using it,

cocaine-purity-212.jpg

this is what the results actually look like:

cocaine-purity-test-in-action-300x225.jpg

average purity in the u.s. is probably right around the middle, the color that looks like a glass of orange tang second from the top is probably from the average coke purity in the U.S. I'm guessing they will start making one for since it's becoming way more popular than cocaine. the thing is most heroin addicts will shoot up dope even if the test results come back shitty.

there is definitely a heroin presence test, it's what police use as a portable test. it doesn't test purity but I think you can get a good idea of the purity range judging by the color. thats what they do on cops but usually with meth or coke. it may be just for show but they usually hold the test up to the camera and say "look at how bright that blue is, this is very strong XXXX".

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^I guess the things that just really gets me, is that everytime the media does a story about heroin, they always say something like, "Heroin is purer than it ever way in the past, 80-95 percent purity, but higher purity heroin can often have dealy consequences for the user! Many young people are now turning to heroin because it's so pure you no longer have to inject it! you can snort it! etc etc etc....And, they've been saying this shit for damn near 20 years at this point!

So it's like, using heroin as long as I have, going consecutive years using it every single freakin day(some years not), I really think if anybody would notice they were getting %90 pure heroin, it would have to be somebody like me! But hey, maybe all these teenagers that are "turning to snorting heroin" are all getting better shit than me, IDK!

OR, maybe I have been getting 80-95 percent pure heroin all along, and when I get 60 percent pure, I just think it's garbage! I highly doubt that.....

Another question to consider:

If the US has by far the highest number of heroin users in the world, at least per capita, probably by "actual number" too, and we are getting the vast majority of our heroin from Mexico/South America and Afghanistan produces 90 something percent of the worlds opium/heroin, just who the FUCK is getting all this heroin?!

If the entire US heroin using populations consumption can be supplied with less than 10 percent of the worlds heroin that produced, the rest of the world must be using a fuckload more heroin than I can fathom or there's something amiss with this whole thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.