• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what 'somewhat of an opiate tolerance' means... but you did specify your ROA (oral administration). Again, if you take a dose of oxy that is consistent with your previous doses or tolerance level (take less than you would if taking the oxy alone, as you'll be taking another substance, kratom) - you'll be okay. I would make sure not to drink alcohol or take benzos (basically no other CNS depressants in particular) on top of your kratom and oxy dose/s. I'm assuming you weren't planning on it, as you only mentioned the two.

Again, all considered, you should be fine. Just 'be smart' about it. Are you knowledgeable (regarding kratom)? Ie., what are you hoping to get from this combo?

I used kratom to cone off a 60-100mg a day oxy habit. Then continued taking kratom for about a month.....I'm back taking oxy every now and then....was just wondering if I took my normal dose of oxy and later wanted to redoes with kratom if there would be any issues......

Kratom is a hallucinogen, addictive, and can be life threatening.

What the fuck??? Where do they get their information!?!?! Since when is kratom a HALLUCINOGEN!?!?! 8o

Life threatening? How? Is it even possible to OD on kratom?? 8)

Long term habitual use has been known to cause life threatening liver problems in those who, as I implied, have used high amounts every day for long periods of time. But this is rather uncommon outside of the plant's home country(s), even rather rare even there. But, it is possible.

Agreed that the above is bs though :\ sounds suspiciously like propaganda...

Long term habitual use has been known to cause life threatening liver problems in those who, as I implied, have used high amounts every day for long periods of time. But this is rather uncommon outside of the plant's home country(s), even rather rare even there. But, it is possible.

Do you have a source for this claim? I have read some vague, unsubstantiated, reports about liver problems but nothing that directly linked Kratom as the culprit. This is obviously a concern for some users, if this is true.

I believe this was the article, but there are other reference to habitual use leading to liver/health problems (i.e jaundice) as well: http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom_journal3.shtml

I mean, as far as I know, from my own experience and researching, kratom is far from a dangerous drug when used recreationally once in a while or for something similar to opioid maintenance over longer periods of time. I think the problems really start when the subject has been using it for like a lifetime, and in that case there are probably a whole host of other interrelated environmental and "life style" issues. Kratom "lifer" addicts don't seem to be all that common at all in the US or outside it's indigenous country(s) (at least to my knowledge), but they certainly do/have existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, as far as I know, from my own experience and researching, kratom is far from a dangerous drug when used recreationally once in a while or for something similar to opioid maintenance over longer periods of time.

I guess my main concern is, if kratom was to become illegal, what would happen to the people using kratom as an alternative medicine for pain or for opioid maintenance? Switch back to something harmful?

^I couldn't agree more. The LAST thing I want is for kratom to become illegal (it sucks enough that it's illegal in its native Thailand, and isn't it illegal in Oz too?). I mean, alcohol causes infinitely more damage to society both in terms of public health and public safety than kratom, imo, ever could (and alcohol certainly infinitely more damage that kratom actually does or at any point in history has).

This is obviously a concern for some users, if this is true.

I believe the liver thing is a concern for some uses, but this population, especially outside of kratom indigenous countries where it has been traditionally used, in the USA for instance is extraordinarily small. I mean, they're still important in that every individual is important, but relative to the population that kratom benefits more than it hurts, the population that it causes more severe health issues for is very small. In other words, all I mean is that kratom certainly helps far more people in American than it hurts. Of course this is an assumption, but I think my premises makes sense. So it's a reason able assumption, no?

lol, I can only imagine/I wish I could try it =D

I'd also wanna try 7-ho and o-dt together. I can only imagine...

Kratom also contains some mu-opioid antagonists. A nice complicated alkaloid profile. Possible to accidentally ruin the oxy with some kratom...never mind the whole general nausea issue.

Corynantheidine for one. I used to have a full alkaloid profile somewhere or other but can't seem to find it. It'll be in one of the articles from google scholar searches though.

oh ok, thanks. I just wanted to know outta curiosity, i knew there were tons of alkaloids in the plant.

IMO the oxycodone would probably overpower the kratom...but yes you could mix them provided you lowered your dosage of both..

Has anyone tried combining Kratom and O-dt?
90mg o-dt with 3g Kratom pleased me a lot.

40mg O-DT & 2g Green Malay made me soooo sleepy. But lots of food kept me awake =D

BTW, can somebody tell me about the quality of Premium Indo Kratom? Is it good? Potent? Thanks!

Premium Indo Kratom, for its price, is the best kratom out there IMO

40mg O-DT & 2g Green Malay made me soooo sleepy. But lots of food kept me awake

BTW, can somebody tell me about the quality of Premium Indo Kratom? Is it good? Potent? Thanks!
Premium Indo Kratom, for its price, is the best kratom out there IMO

So unanimous suppliers stating unverified descriptive words of their products helps harm reduction how again? Ah yes so people can get cheaper effective production...wait aren't prices not allowed?

I'm thinking of a business plan where I call my product Premium Indo Green Malay Kratom and just cut the cheapest I can find with carfent. Everyone wins (except elephants who need surgery I guess).

Anywhoo enjoy trusting that someone who finds "premium kratom" somewhere in the world will lead to the exact same strength somewhere else. Even better - after that guy enjoying it dies or gets ripped off enjoy the fact that you caused that to happen with your opinion Mr. Someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.