• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your on a high enough dose of methadone, it reduces the effects of other opiates.

Do some reading, this is from wikipedia:
Higher doses of methadone can block the euphoric effects of heroin, morphine, and similar drugs. As a result, properly dosed methadone patients can reduce or stop altogether their use of these substances.

i find the best way to gather information is ask so thats what i do, thanks fo your answer i never realised that was the case i just thought i was doing more cause my tolerance has became higher but now i know a lot of it is probably down to the methadone blocking the effects of the gear

It's both, methadone skyrockets your tolerance and has a blockade effect

Kratom Redose

I took 6 grams of Bali powder about 1 hour ago. Feeling pretty good but was hope for a little stronger effect. Would I feel a stronger effect if I re dosed now? and how much? Thanks you guys are great!

I've found that if i re-dose while im still feeling the effects, its much less effective then if i would have waited until i came down. Re-dosing does work but your more likely to be wasting it.

Louisiana State Senate might ban kratom: http://www.wwltv.com/news/Ban-on-Kratom-may-become--143458776.html

But this actually a good ban because anyone under 18 wont be able to buy or sell kratom. This will keep it out of the hands of irresponsible kids

The ban on a controversial herb called Kratom could take a step forward Tuesday as a senate judiciary committee takes up the bill.

The over the counter herbal remedy is supposed to relieve all kinds of acute and chronic pain.

The substance, when abused, is just as harmful as other over the counter herbs like Mojo, spice marijuana and bath salts, Senator A.G. Crowe, R-Pearl River, said.

The new law would ban Kratom purchases for anyone under the age of 18

I found an extremely easy way to dose kratom and get most out of it... emulsification! like kava kava!

Ground up some kratom leaves if it is not powdered already, throw it in a blender on high with half water & half milk for a few minutes, and it should emulsify *fairly* well for a short period of time. It was much better than the toss and wash method, I could actually drink it like a normal drink.

now i'm floatin'

Id like to try kratom for my chronic pain...so I can stay off of opiates. I came pretty close to a percocet addiction when I went to pain management and I definitely don't want to go down that road! So with a pretty low tolerance (10-15mgs of perc would have me feeling pretty nice) how much would help for pain (oh and a tad of depression/splash of anxiety)?

Id like to try kratom for my chronic pain...so I can stay off of opiates. I came pretty close to a percocet addiction when I went to pain management and I definitely don't want to go down that road! So with a pretty low tolerance (10-15mgs of perc would have me feeling pretty nice) how much would help for pain (oh and a tad of depression/splash of anxiety)?

Everyone is different, but I'd recommend you start out with ~4g of plain commercial bali kratom powder, no extracts, pills, capsules or tinctures. Work your way up until it does what you need.

Careful, kratom can be addicting too.

I found an extremely easy way to dose kratom and get most out of it... emulsification! like kava kava!

Ground up some kratom leaves if it is not powdered already, throw it in a blender on high with half water & half milk for a few minutes, and it should emulsify *fairly* well for a short period of time. It was much better than the toss and wash method, I could actually drink it like a normal drink.

now i'm floatin'

Try taking an empty 20oz soda bottle, filling about 1/8 of it up with orange juice, dump in your powdered kratom, replace cap, shake vigorously, chug! I use this method daily and it works the best out of any other way I've ever tried.

So i ordered some 8x kratom resin a couple days ago and it arrived today. I did a lot of searching around and could never get a solid answer for whether or not this stuff actually works. Well, i took 6 grams of it about 2 hours ago and i feel next to nothing from it. I took the rest that i had bought a couple minutes ago., hoping that if i take the entire 10G's of 8X resin it will give me a decent buzz. Pretty lame, i wont be getting it again. Kratom resin=BUNK, case closed. I just felt the need to report that here since an hour of googling couldnt give me a concrete answer. DONT BUY THIS SHIT ITS NOT WORTH IT. Stick to the regular powder and just take capsules. most efficient way IME

yeah i dont see a need for extracts and resin, powdered leaf works just fine. Extracts are a good way to boost tolerance super fast, and waste money in my opinion. My hope is that kratom just stays legal, it helps so much!!

Now Iowa wants to ban kratom *sigh*

http://www.woi-tv.com/story/17243268/lawmaker-wants-to-make-new-drug-illegal

A new drug recently made its way to Iowa and lawmakers are wasting no time getting it off the streets.

Rep. Clel Baudler, R-Greenfield, wants a new drug called Kratom made illegal as soon as possible.

Kratom is not the synthetic K2 drugs you've probably heard a lot about. Instead, this is a plant from Southeast Asia that's been around a long time in that region.

"It's a brand new drug for the U.S.," said Dr. Gregory Schmunk, Polk County Medical Examiner. "It's so new that even the federal government has not looked at regulating it yet. Although I think both the state and the federal government are going to move rapidly once we start to see the process build."

And that process is underway in Iowa. Two hours after he learned of the drug, Baudler called his staff and had them start writing legislation to make the drug illegal.

"I said I want the amendment ready on Monday," he said. "Whether we can get it done that quick or not I don't know."

Baudler wants to amendment the Kratom law to a bill that bans hundreds of compounds used to make K2. He says this fits that bill because they're all about fighting drugs.

Kratom is a hallucinogen, addictive, and can be life threatening.

"We have to get ahead of this thing before it gets out of hand," Baudler said.

Baudler says the bill needs to be perfected, but he hopes it can find the same amount of support as his work to fight K2.
Life threatening.........riiiiight!!!!!! 8)

Man this shit is getting me worried. Bullshit if you ask me. How many people have died from kratom overdoses? 0. No one. Not only that, but i have a feeling a good chunk of the people who use it are those who were addicted to opiates in the past and used kratom to help them out. But screw all of us, zero tolerance! Outlaw any and all mind altering chemicals that aren't alcohol or tobacco.

Why would you not be able to? Assuming you are taking a smart dose (for you) of each substance there should be no negative interactions. Do you have an opiate tolerance at all? Either way - what amount of each do you plan an taking? For HR sake.... what ROA do you plan on using for the oxy (and the kratom for that matter)?

In sum, or generally.... yes, one can take both at the same time. This does not mean everyone should ;).

Not sure what 'somewhat of an opiate tolerance' means... but you did specify your ROA (oral administration). Again, if you take a dose of oxy that is consistent with your previous doses or tolerance level (take less than you would if taking the oxy alone, as you'll be taking another substance, kratom) - you'll be okay. I would make sure not to drink alcohol or take benzos (basically no other CNS depressants in particular) on top of your kratom and oxy dose/s. I'm assuming you weren't planning on it, as you only mentioned the two.

Again, all considered, you should be fine. Just 'be smart' about it. Are you knowledgeable (regarding kratom)? Ie., what are you hoping to get from this combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.